• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Put a knob warmer on today....

2j1o4g3.jpg

I took her to my dealer and...

47DC37E6-A44F-48B7-BDF1-38F4E0389B66_zps1jggas55.jpg

Sorry about pic

03E8098F-B0ED-4478-BD3A-33F3AFF3243E_zpszlyebdwg.jpg

And finally...
6FB42C2D-3FCF-48A6-AE56-F5A995D178D9_zpsarr8hakj.jpg

And yes I know it’s the wrong part. Will be refitted when the right one arrives.

I ordered this as well on Friday, it was this or driving gloves ha

He is not joking, re the cold shifter, tell me about it!! Its freeeeezzzzing given the climate at the moment. If it gets any colder I am worried my hand is going to get stuck there. I was looking to get some gloves but shall now check out said warmers!

I have also heard the opposite is equally as unpleasant - in the summer.

I took her to my dealer and...
And yes I know it’s the wrong part. Will be refitted when the right one arrives.

I am very tempted by the illuminated door sills, and the footwell lighting is a must for me. I thought it was standard, I think it was on the normal Type-R but apparently not on the GT. I am looking at the kits on here as the footwell lights cost me over £200 on the last car. How much do the sills set you back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Flaky that looks awesome mate.....is it the photo or are those sill protectors quite thick?

Photon my beanie has been invaluable this week and especially today!! Summer it will burn you so best £6 I spent...!

I am very tempted by the illuminated door sills, and the footwell lighting is a must for me. I thought it was standard, I think it was on the normal Type-R but apparently not on the GT. I am looking at the kits on here as the footwell lights cost me over £200 on the last car. How much do the sills set you back?

Negotiated as part of my deal sorry can’t advise. I effectively got the Illumination Pack gratis :D

It’s £395 on the Honda website.

Yes I should have done that, had I realised I wasn't going to get the ambient lighting then I would have done the same for sure. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Thanks for the info ***

Hondas price will also be excluding labour,
Cox Honda are also on the forum so possibly a forum discount to be had as well, you can buy from Cox and get any dealer to fit said part and being a genuine Honda product they will warrant the work and part

They are brighter when you open the door but are dims a little once the doors are closed and the interior lights goes off

Did this over a week ago but only just got round to taking a pic.

Fitted my dashcam.

It's a VIOFO A119 v2

38155880935_0821c3ed51_b.jpg

24176120247_e39587d39b_b.jpg

I spent ages looking at cams deciding what I wanted. Nearly got a nextbase duo hd but most the cams were just too bulky and I wanted something inconspicuous, something I could leave in the car and forget about.

Finally, decided on this. The form factor is great, comes with gps and the usual additional functions. Capacitor based and the video quality is phenomenal!

n.b. this is not the link I used as I just asked for it for a birthday prezzie
https://www.amazon.co.uk/VIOFO-A119...1513209147&sr=8-1&keywords=viofo+a119+v2&th=1

I haven't hardwired it yet, just used the dual cigar adapter it comes with but I do have a kit to do it when I get time.

I use it with the gps mount and CPL filter.

If anyone's interested I could grab a clip off the camera but yeh.. massively happy with it.

Back