• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Hi all,

So i sold my pride and joy Bronze fn2 just a few weeks ago and within 2 weeks bought my next car.

It had to be another type r and there was plenty of umming and ahing about what it should be, fk2? Or fk8?

It could only be a FK8!

Finished in metallic grey i absolutely love it!

I searched for a few and found one for a half decent price in Swansea being sold by a main dealer.

A 2017 plate 2 owner polished metallic grey with 30k miles.

After some negotiating i put down a deposit and awaited the pickup day. Car passed it's MOT at the dealership so a train ticket was booked and off I went.

Took the car for a quick test drive to make sure there were no gear or brake issues and it drove like new.

I managed to get a decent discount as annoyingly i discovered a small deep scratch and noticed that the calipers would need a refurb at some point but this was a very good price and couldn't ignore it for these small imperfections.

The drive home was lovely and just getting to know the car, loved the smooth and strong power delivery and the comfort of the awesome seats. Was very impressed with the tech too and especially the adaptive cruise control and lane assist.
My fav part of the car was the amazing and satisfying gear changes, what a box! Like using an old school arcade gear shift!

I managed to achieve 44mpg on my 160 mile trip home, pretty amazing.

Day 2 meant detailing the car as I found that the paint appeared dull and prob not had a decent clean in it's lifetime.

Spent a good 4-5 hours doing a full decontamination and finished with a polish and wax to protect the paintwork.
And here it is! What a car

01c4d90e142447899a09eef2557a43f9.jpg
e07397c6d3d7d5357645bb6001571922.jpg
5b49feb3a9e1d8a22a91aaa2950174e9.jpg
8bcf36cd9230d4733fa4b694c90e9c95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

And here is the first product for the car! A boot mat, nice quick delivery and discount from cox motors.
65d72a7bfd42530caf874a1b882e8b5b.jpg

Nice. I got a rubber style mat myself.

Your car still on the continentals?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk
Trying to make it my own with little touches!
No, mine by the looks of it has 4 new budget tyres on it! Event? They are awful, traction issues when putting my foot down 50% so will def need to change them.

Looking at Michelin ps4's

Yeah, very good.

Ouch on the tyres. But yeah can't go wrong with the ps4s even in the cold weather. Great tyre. Had them on my Fk2 too.

Budget tyres on a 320bhp hot hatch just isn’t on is it! Fitted by the garage I take it? Would have been a definite bargaining chip on the sale price that one but sounds like you got it at the right price.
Will feel an entirely different car on decent boots :)

Yeah, very good.

Ouch on the tyres. But yeah can't go wrong with the ps4s even in the cold weather. Great tyre. Had them on my Fk2 too.

I know, I'll wear these out and await the costco offer for the Michelin ps4's

Budget tyres on a 320bhp hot hatch just isn’t on is it! Fitted by the garage I take it? Would have been a definite bargaining chip on the sale price that one but sounds like you got it at the right price.
Will feel an entirely different car on decent boots :)
Yes they fitted it so it passed it's mot i assume but i was expecting it! Got a good price and definitely need ps4s on it next few months

Back