• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

What did you do to your Type R today?

Amazing! Any chance of a video showing how you did it? Is it just for charging?
Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Sorry I know it's been a little while but I took some photos today that can help anyone who is thinking about this or maybe the mugen starter button.
earlier today I removed the same part to cure an annoying rattle and thought I'd take these photos while I was at it.
The red circle is where you pull towards you (you can see my fingers on the second picture)
You can get to behind the switch panel and pop out the blank cap and fit the USB in it's place.

[Image]
[Image]

Bought and fitted my PRL High volume intake. Sounds amazing!
fd32209aa24603329e22389c94560526.jpg

Bought and fitted my PRL High volume intake. Sounds amazing!
fd32209aa24603329e22389c94560526.jpg

Coincidence? I'm fitting the PRL tomorrow! :D
I'm hoping it's not to loud as I'm replacing my AFE cai as that's way to loud for my liking, dunno maybe I'll put in the for sale section...

Coincidence? I'm fitting the PRL tomorrow! :D
I'm hoping it's not to loud as I'm replacing my AFE cai as that's way to loud for my liking, dunno maybe I'll put in the for sale section...
Enjoy buddy, its not that loud but it is definitely fun!

Enjoy buddy, its not that loud but it is definitely fun!

Did you have any issues?
Just finished fitting it, and got to say it's a real tight fit, I had some issues manoeuvring the pipe section about to get it into place...
Also I was lucky I had an old PRL intake pipe as my kit came with a weird T piece instead of the metal flange bracket?
Kinda looks like the photo here that I found from an American Type-R

[Image/]Fk8 intake flange

Did you have any issues?
Just finished fitting it, and got to say it's a real tight fit, I had some issues manoeuvring the pipe section about to get it into place...
Also I was lucky I had an old PRL intake pipe as my kit came with a weird T piece instead of the metal flange bracket?
Kinda looks like the photo here that I found from an American Type-R

[Image/]Fk8 intake flange
Hi mate, a mate fitted it who had it on his car and due to having been fitted already it was easy enough but he did say that it was tight at first.

In regards to the bracket you have, prl have started to use them for the American audience and no longer do the old one. Just manoeuvre it so it doesn't stick out and will be fine.

Enjoy the noise!

Kinda threw me of at first as the instructions are still referring to the older bracket, it's also a kinda T piece but my car doesn't have the second vacuum pipe.. anyhoo it's sorted though :)

Glad you like it, I do too, but I reckon the PRL is pretty tame & quiet compared to the AEM. I like it though, it's more subtle which is what I prefer :D
If you like the turbo flutters, wooshes and chirps on gear change you'd love the AEM

Kinda threw me of at first as the instructions are still referring to the older bracket, it's also a kinda T piece but my car doesn't have the second vacuum pipe.. anyhoo it's sorted though :)

Glad you like it, I do too, but I reckon the PRL is pretty tame & quiet compared to the AEM. I like it though, it's more subtle which is what I prefer :D
If you like the turbo flutters, wooshes and chirps on gear change you'd love the AEM
Good stuff mate, the noise is definitely loud enough for me haha. Just wanted a intake upgrade to allow the car to breathe better. Noise is a bonus.

On 2450ish miles I’m in for my 3rd nail in a tyre. This one isn’t repairable either so it’s a £200 bill.
thought about swapping out to Michelin on at least 1 axle but I wanted to go 35 profile and didn’t quite fancy running different profiles between front and back. Plus my tyres are still all like new so on goes another continental pin cushion

I feel your pain! Just had a nail in my rear tyre sidewall, so I'm now super tempted to use that as an excuse to replace my wheels with 18" :)

Took a road trip up to Solihull to collect some FK2 wheels. Spotted a relative at a services on the M5:

Fitted the wheels which feel noticeably lighter actually. The 20s feel heavy in comparison. A search seems to suggest theres about 1.5kgs per corner to be saved.
Looks wise I don’t think it’s too noticeable dropping down a size either. I swapped out the centres from the 20s to make them look a little more fresh.
If I keep these for a while I’ll take a look at getting them refurbished in a different colour

Polished with AG SRP, wheels cleaned ans waxed with Collinite 476, trim done with Valetpro Black to the future
Can't decide whether to finish off with AG rapid ceramic spray or the 476

Attachments

• Polish 01.07.21 005.JPG
    Polish 01.07.21 005.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Polish 01.07.21 004.JPG
    Polish 01.07.21 004.JPG
    137.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Polish 01.07.21 003.JPG
    Polish 01.07.21 003.JPG
    143 KB · Views: 17
  • Polish 01.07.21 002.JPG
    Polish 01.07.21 002.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 17
Went AG rapid ceramic in the end.
Doesn't increase the shine from the polish but should keep it looking nice for a few months with just a wash down required.

Reactions: Xev
Today I've sold mine (FN2)...well, at least agreed to a trade-in so I'll still have it for a week more perhaps.

It's been a great five-and-a-half-years but I just fancied something different, and there are some things about the car that I've honestly just had enough of. Predominately, the uncompromising ride and the seats which are no longer something I can put up with since I've developed intermittent back problems over the last few years. The roads around here are absolutely dreadful and the crashing about and swerving around every sunken drain and crater has finally gotten too much.

Replacing it with a low-mileage, well-maintained BMW E60 530i M-Sport which I'm really looking forward to picking up. I've always liked the E60 styling, and I want to have at least one German gangster-barge with a big N/A engine and heaps of torque before we are forced to drive dull dishwashers about (although I will resist for as long as possible!!). Build quality and ride are so much better. I've also committed sacrilege and gone for an auto lol. This specific model is actually tricky to find so I was prepared to go for either 'box style and focus primarily on the service history and quality of the car overall instead. I would have preferred a manual but when my back has its shit days, pushing the clutch pedal down does sometimes pull on my lower back, especially on long drives, so the auto may actually be a good move for me in the long run.

Not knocking Honda, the FN2, or the Type-R AT ALL, as I have enjoyed the car so much, and will (my personal issues with certain elements e.g. the ride aside) always have positive things to say about the car.

Back