• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

It just doesn’t do it for me at all. Perhaps owning an FK8 makes me massively biased and it’s not unusual for an owner of the current gen car to not like the next gen immediately. It looks too soft now. Very American like a dodge SRT.
They’ve caved to all the FK8 hate on the way it looks and made something that looks as though it’s going to blend in with everything else on the road.
To be fair that’s probably how they’ll sell more cars

it looks nicely proportioned but I wonder if it is even bigger now. When is the public release, does anyone know?

I had a fk2 R for 5 years which I loved. Took me 4 years and them having to release the sportline R before I could drop £35k in an fk8 and be comfortable with the way it looked. But I did it back in June. Very happy so far but really do like the look of this. If it can keep the same dynamics and improve the interior quality then it's a sure winner imo.

Think that camo is still really hiding how wide the front and rear arches actually are.

Last edited:
Just noticed If you put your thumb over the spoiler it looks like a Cavalier SRI 130 from the 90's

where is it planned to be built? given the UK was only given a small amount of LE cars (40 units) I wonder if the primary markets will be seen to be just USA/JAPAN and LHD Europe?

I think it looks fantastic in camo. They haven't unveiled the rear lights or most of the details yet. They are testing it in Germany so I would guess that we will see it here in the UK. No news on where it's going to built yet. Interested to see how the car has developed. It needs to be quicker than the FK8 or it wont sell. I am lucky to have one of the last to be built in the UK so am going to struggle to let this one go. Its going to have be good to tempt me away.

where is it planned to be built? given the UK was only given a small amount of LE cars (40 units) I wonder if the primary markets will be seen to be just USA/JAPAN and LHD Europe?

Only 20 FK8 LEs for the UK not 40

Honda Australia are reported in multiple recent press articles saying ours will be made in Japan. So Possibly all LHD US and all RHD Japan?

That's what I've heard - UK Civics will be built in Japan.

Chris.

Yep uk type R's will be built in Japan.
Really hoping for some more interesting colours on launch for the new one

I just hope they don't come with the same seats as the FK2 and FK8 or if they do then they need to revise them as they really are not that nice looking and the bolsters are shocking for wear and look tatty after so little miles it's embarrassing for such a car.

Also they need to offer a few colour combo's (e.g. Black with some red instead of just red with some black). I have recently seen an FK2 for sale with the black seats with some red (first I have ever seen) and the seats look miles better.

Looking forward to some more info on the release, I think I may hold out for one depending on final details and spec's etc

I reckon black seats will be an option this time. They did them in the run out fk2 black edition and the run out fk8 sportlines so they have track history with doing blacl seats on type Rs and they are certainly making this a bit more grown up.

Last edited:
The seats wear because they have high bolsters to keep your ass in place during cornering. Be careful what you wish for. We will all be complaining the seats weren’t sporty enough if they modify them too much. The FK8 side bolsters are already a lot softer than the FK2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back