• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 current values

I've travelled far in the past many a time for cars and bikes and at 42 years old I feel like I've had enough!

I'd make an exception for the right car but the reasonable chance of turning up and the car not being quite right and more importantly the gearbox being one of the dodgy ones just keeps me rooted to the spot.

To put the current prices in perspective, last November before the madness I purchased a polished metal 1 owner 2019, (10 months old at the time) FK8 with 4500 miles and 5 year service plan for £27,500. You can see why I was tempted to sell! In the end, I love it, so who cares about money, I'd only spend the extra on other random stuff anyway! My house is worth more than I paid, but I love living there so wouldn't move just to make money.

I'm very fortunate to have bought at the right time, If I was in the market for one now I would definitely wait - even if the new Type R is not quite as good, the FK8 will still come down in price.

Last edited:
To put the current prices in perspective, last November before the madness I purchased a polished metal 1 owner 2019, (10 month old at the time) FK8 with 4500 miles and 5 year service plan for £27,500. You can see why I was tempted to sell! In the end, I love it, so who cares about money, I'd only spend the extra on other random stuff anyway! My house is worth more than I paid, but I love living there so wouldn't move just to make money.

I'm very fortunate to have bought at the right time, If I was in the market for one now I would definitely wait - even if the new Type R is not quite a good the FK8 will still come down in price.

Super deal you got for yourself!

Not much I can do about the market values though.

If I were to wait 6 months prices might come down but then again we might be talking a few hundred quid. Personally for the sake of that cash I'd rather have been driving around in the car I wanted.

You pays yer monies and all that.

Lifes too short.

Super deal you got for yourself!

Not much I can do about the market values though.

If I were to wait 6 months prices might come down but then again we might be talking a few hundred quid. Personally for the sake of that cash I'd rather have been driving around in the car I wanted.

You pays yer monies and all that.

Lifes too short.

Deff won’t be a few hundred pounds drop it’ll be thousands, with inflation, fuel prices, costs of living as a whole the markets going to drop. As I said in a previous post an fk8 I have my eye on has dropped 2k in the last week. The dealers contacted me but it’s still too much for me to consider paying for it knowing the true value

The buyers determine the value of a car as it’s only ever worth what someone is willing to pay and part with for it (unless I’m a finance or lease scenario) which I’ve no interest in doing for mine.

To put the current prices in perspective, last November before the madness I purchased a polished metal 1 owner 2019, (10 month old at the time) FK8 with 4500 miles and 5 year service plan for £27,500. You can see why I was tempted to sell! In the end, I love it, so who cares about money, I'd only spend the extra on other random stuff anyway! My house is worth more than I paid, but I love living there so wouldn't move just to make money.

I'm very fortunate to have bought at the right time, If I was in the market for one now I would definitely wait - even if the new Type R is not quite a good the FK8 will still come down in price.

Spot on post

Wow, you are all crushing my dreams!

Guess I'll shuffle off and buy a ten year old runabout until prices drop a few thousand pounds, lol!

I agree prices should (have to?) drop, but there are pressures in the opposite direction too.

New car production will remain suppressed by the semiconductor shortage well into next year and possibly to 2023 from some reports. The FK8 is widely regarded as the best FWD car of recent times and as yet hasn't been bettered (and if it is, will those new cars actually be available to most people any time soon?), so people will still want them more than other models (relatively speaking). The new CTR, from what we've seen so far, is pretty fugly and sounds like it will be heavier with the same engine, so feasibly not as attractive unless you "must have" a brand new car and it's almost certainly not going to appear in dealers until 2023.

Point being, prices will go down (can't see any further pressure to keep/push them higher), but I suspect the difference will be very model/sector-dependent. I'm hoping to get my hands on something rather pricier than an FK8 and would like to see a market-wide drop of used prices 10-20% before I consider buying, but I haven't seen much evidence of that yet and it might be that enthusiasts' cars aren't as affected as the rest.

I also have a feeling that a lot of the cars we've all seen at silly prices never sold or if they did, it wasn't for the listed price - could be that the "fall" in prices is more in the ads and less in the prices people actually paid.

I also have a feeling that a lot of the cars we've all seen at silly prices never sold or if they did, it wasn't for the listed price - could be that the "fall" in prices is more in the ads and less in the prices people actually paid.

100%, as I have said here before I have been in the market for a few cars since April, I am waiting as I don't need to buy so to speak and am happy to wait. Half the cars (more like 90% of the cars) that are advertised for silly money (not just FK8's have not been selling), been having similar debates on other forums where people believe their cars worth X when in reality when they advertise it it's clearly not as no one bought it, end result they break the car, so sorry no your cars not worth X as a cars worth the amount someone actually pays you for it and not what you think it's worth.

Other's fail themselves by looking at the cars for sale in Hong Kong etc thinking this is the price they are lol, they don't consider other factors like the amount of tax etc paid in such countries and so on. Basically its a very narrow minded tunnel vision view of things. Annoyingly all the cars I had my eyes on have gone up a lot and some have now reached the figures I would not even want to or consider paying for them (e.g. NSX, as an Auto is fetching 50K and manuals are 70-90k, MMM no not at those prices thanks lol

I failed when I didn't buy my mates NSX-R for 38K when I had the chance :-(

Christ, I'd have snapped anyone's hand off for an NSX-R for £38k at any point in time!

(Sorry to rub it in! :oops:)

A car finance guy said something to me about the law meaning finance companies can't change the rates until Jan, if that's true maybe we'll see some shift then as no doubt interest rates will be higher and car prices will have to come down a bit accordingly.

Christ, I'd have snapped anyone's hand off for an NSX-R for £38k at any point in time!

(Sorry to rub it in! :oops:)

A car finance guy said something to me about the law meaning finance companies can't change the rates until Jan, if that's true maybe we'll see some shift then as no doubt interest rates will be higher and car prices will have to come down a bit accordingly.

Yeah tell me about it, my biggest regret, but at the time I had a 1000hp GTR for sale so didn't have the space for both :-(, they were the days an NA1 manual NSX with low miles was 17K lol, and an NA2 was circa 25-30K - damn those days are well gone.

Yeah it will be interesting to see what happens when interest rates hit (along with the already ever increasing costs of living, bills, etc)

I don't reckon second hand prices will go down too much anytime soon.

I just sold my 6k mile 2 year old A45S that I paid the discount price of £55k when it was brand new, for £51k back to the main dealer.

They sold it for £57k in about a week, which I think is still around list price.

Make of that what you will...

Chris.

Drove 3hrs South to pick up our 2018 on Saturday.

Championship white, 21000 miles, full service history (serviced every 6 months!). Paid waaaay under the current market value for it and its absolutely minted.

Ended up spending hours detailing the engine bay yesterday, loving every second, lol.

Couldn't be happier.

Wooo, new car day! Congratulations. I was going to go for white but I live out in the sticks a bit so I went for the polished metal as its better for hiding mud but still looks smart.

Oh that’s down the road from me and where I bought mine from. Trying their luck a bit there!
Got to be honest I’m very tempted to sell mine now. Not because I’m bored of it, I’ve barely had the opportunity to use it. It gets driven so little I know it’s the right thing to do financially speaking. But it’s still the best car I’ve ever owned and I know I’ll miss it when it’s gone. I’ve been deliberating over it for some weeks.
we have 2 cars in the household and we really only need 1 so provided I don’t go buy something else anytime soon it seems like it’s the right thing to do

Oh that’s down the road from me and where I bought mine from. Trying their luck a bit there!
Got to be honest I’m very tempted to sell mine now. Not because I’m bored of it, I’ve barely had the opportunity to use it. It gets driven so little I know it’s the right thing to do financially speaking. But it’s still the best car I’ve ever owned and I know I’ll miss it when it’s gone. I’ve been deliberating over it for some weeks.
we have 2 cars in the household and we really only need 1 so provided I don’t go buy something else anytime soon it seems like it’s the right thing to do

Well the prices buying website are paying is down fairly significantly on where they where. So the sooner the better if you do want to sell. Lots of dealers stuck with fk8s they have paid top dollar for currently. Never see so many for sale before!

Well the prices buying website are paying is down fairly significantly on where they where. So the sooner the better if you do want to sell. Lots of dealers stuck with fk8s they have paid top dollar for currently. Never see so many for sale before!

Exactly this, the markets stuck as dealers paid way too much and the demand lower as those who are looking for them don’t want to overpay just so a dealer can recoup their losses

Back