• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 current values

I’d like to think I know what I’m talking about as I have had 3 FK8’s, yes. No one can convince me it is anything more than a £35k car.

I’m going back to what I originally said. The FK8 is not a £47k car. Not now or ever.

Except if there's 12k cash in the boot. Under those exceptional circumstances, it might be. :D

To think that boost blue one is £20,000 more than what I paid for mine :oops: . I've just had the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my one, can't remember the last time I kept a car for over a year. Carl I can confirm after a year of having an FK8, it is a great car - taking into account the boring stuff as well such as how big the boot is, clever parcel shelf, cabin storage space and even small details like the rear passenger doors opening extra wide when getting children in and out. I can also confirm it's not worth £47k no matter what colour it is!

To think that boost blue one is £20,000 more than what I paid for mine :oops: . I've just had the 1 year anniversary of when I bought my one, can't remember the last time I kept a car for over a year. Carl I can confirm after a year of having an FK8, it is a great car - taking into account the boring stuff as well such as how big the boot is, clever parcel shelf, cabin storage space and even small details like the rear passenger doors opening extra wide when getting children in and out. I can also confirm it's not worth £47k no matter what colour it is!

Thanks for the confirmation, I find it hard to ever say a car is great, but I have to have one to find out. and as you say one thing that appeals is the boot space and internal space also for passengers as this would be my daily. I think it could be a better car with a few extras (e.g better quality seats and materials used, a colour choice on seats, more personalisation of the setting like quiet exhaust but heavy steering and stiff suspension etc like the I30N offers) and so on.

WTF you paid 20k less for it a year ago? shows how overpriced they actually are now then :oops:

It’s not a great car and I’m on my 2nd one. It’s a great car to drive and for me a hell of a lot of fun at a good £30k price point. It’s not a great car because it’s poorly built, poor paint, rattles, a shity infotainment system. Lots of owners have a lot of issues. the drive is very rewarding and most of all it’s a lot of fun.

ive had a £50m car and it was miles better in build quality as expected for a German marque but just not as much fun or engaging to drive…

we must remember, something is only worth what people are willing to pay, we are in a boom, all used car prices are high, when we are in a bust and these and other cars drop like a brick, we may get people saying the fk8 is worth £20k all day long it’s all relative.

It’s not a great car and I’m on my 2nd one. It’s a great car to drive and for me a hell of a lot of fun at a good £30k price point. It’s not a great car because it’s poorly built, poor paint, rattles, a shity infotainment system. Lots of owners have a lot of issues. the drive is very rewarding and most of all it’s a lot of fun.

ive had a £50m car and it was miles better in build quality as expected for a German marque but just not as much fun or engaging to drive…

we must remember, something is only worth what people are willing to pay, we are in a boom, all used car prices are high, when we are in a bust and these and other cars drop like a brick, we may get people saying the fk8 is worth £20k all day long it’s all relative.
To clarify - I believe the FK8 is a great car at its normal price point, not the silly inflated prices at the current time. The Peugeot 205 GTI was a rattly, unreliable rust bucket, but that doesn't stop it being one of the greats ;)

The market has shifted, and to me at least, a new FK8 is easily worth £40k.

Not sure second hand FK8s are worth the current asking prices, but I guess supply and demand rules are in play at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 2022/23 CTR is over £40k, so that might also adversely affect second hand prices of FK8s.

That's what I think FWIW.

As far as being a great car is concerned, you usually don't think that about a car while you still own it or while it's still readily available. When they are long gone, or when they become unobtainium do you regret not still owning one. Quite often only then do they become great.....

Chris.

The market has shifted, and to me at least, a new FK8 is easily worth £40k.

Not sure second hand FK8s are worth the current asking prices, but I guess supply and demand rules are in play at the moment.

I wouldn't be surprised if the new 2022/23 CTR is over £40k, so that might also adversely affect second hand prices of FK8s.

That's what I think FWIW.

As far as being a great car is concerned, you usually don't think that about a car while you still own it or while it's still readily available. When they are long gone, or when they become unobtainium do you regret not still owning one. Quite often only then do they become great.....

Chris.

Id be very surprised if the new car is 40k+ as other considerations have to be made by Honda for cars costing 40k and upwards due to the new tax rules which would impact their sales.

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000

You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

So this is added to the normal tax rate of the car and you’re paying £600+ for tax for a civic, not sure I see what happening but if it does it’d be interesting lol…

I agree about the comment on cars being great however I’ve had loads and there are only a couple I would say eeee truly great and the Integrale was one of those, I wouldn’t even put my GTR’s in that category

Id be very surprised if the new car is 40k+ as other considerations have to be made by Honda for cars costing 40k and upwards due to the new tax rules which would impact their sales.

Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000

You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or motorhome with a ‘list price’ (the published price before any discounts) of more than £40,000. You do not have to pay this if you have a zero emission vehicle.

You only have to pay this rate for 5 years (from the second time the vehicle is taxed).

So this is added to the normal tax rate of the car and you’re paying £600+ for tax for a civic, not sure I see what happening but if it does it’d be interesting lol…

I agree about the comment on cars being great however I’ve had loads and there are only a couple I would say eeee truly great and the Integrale was one of those, I wouldn’t even put my GTR’s in that category
My integrall was the worst car I ever owned, fixed one oil leak and then another spruntil up, think I just bought a bad one, however when it worked and It all clicked it was an amazing car to drive, so much feel, that steering was sublime

Great = Nostalgia a lot of the time. People’s memory of owning a certain car can often be better than it was. There was a good article on pistonheads I read yesterday that sort of touched in this. It was about the Vauxhall Nova. Honestly, they sucked. Yet so many people in my age bracket owned one. A 1.3 SR. 1.4SR if you were lucky. The 1.6 GSI most only dreamed of. But a Nova! Really? Yet there’s one on pistonheads, the “less desirable” 1.3SR going for £17k. Is it honestly worth that? No.
But people want to reminisce and try to recreate the past. That’s what makes a “great”.
A modern Fiesta ST is probably a much better car than an integrale in most every department but it doesn’t have history.
An FK8 will be a great car in 20, 30 years time. We just have to either keep it and wait or tell everyone we had one and we wished we’d kept it!!

My integrall was the worst car I ever owned, fixed one oil leak and then another spruntil up, think I just bought a bad one, however when it worked and It all clicked it was an amazing car to drive, so much feel, that steering was sublime

I got lucky but had BarryWaterhouse at evo engineering build me a race engine for it as I turned it into a hill climb race car. Never had any oil leaks but the best fail I ever had was the passenger door randomly opening (as the latch failed) mid corner lol. My mate caught it but had to tie it shut to get home.

I’d have another in a heartbeat as it was one of the most fun cars to drive hard on the limit on track

I got lucky but had BarryWaterhouse at evo engineering build me a race engine for it as I turned it into a hill climb race car. Never had any oil leaks but the best fail I ever had was the passenger door randomly opening (as the latch failed) mid corner lol. My mate caught it but had to tie it shut to get home.

I’d have another in a heartbeat as it was one of the most fun cars to drive hard on the limit on track
I was so happy my was stollen but then Broke down on the thief I also had a mint delta hf turbo with the martini stripes, such special cars…

Great = Nostalgia a lot of the time. People’s memory of owning a certain car can often be better than it was. There was a good article on pistonheads I read yesterday that sort of touched in this. It was about the Vauxhall Nova. Honestly, they sucked. Yet so many people in my age bracket owned one. A 1.3 SR. 1.4SR if you were lucky. The 1.6 GSI most only dreamed of. But a Nova! Really? Yet there’s one on pistonheads, the “less desirable” 1.3SR going for £17k. Is it honestly worth that? No.
But people want to reminisce and try to recreate the past. That’s what makes a “great”.
A modern Fiesta ST is probably a much better car than an integrale in most every department but it doesn’t have history.
An FK8 will be a great car in 20, 30 years time. We just have to either keep it and wait or tell everyone we had one and we wished we’d kept it!!
I still pinch myself at the memories of my first car which was a stonking, xr3i- what a car to have at 18 years of age.

I was so happy my was stollen but then Broke down on the thief I also had a mint delta hf turbo with the martini stripes, such special cars…

I also had an HF, red, but the head gasket started to go so I converted it by fitting a grale 8v engine, have to say that car was amazingly fun

I spent circa loads building that car also as I had it fully stripped and restored and everything replaced, 16v bonnet and spoiler, custom made wheels, and the engine done for racing lol

Be it a car or anything, it really is only worth what someone is willing to pay, whilst I agree with Dotty it is a great car at 35k, 50k not worth it. how ever the market has changed. I wouldn’t pay 200k for a Sierra Cosworth but if I had the money lying around I’d still buy one. I think you are wrong in comparing price to reliability you get issues at every level, one friend has had no issues with his 720s another a lot.
Clearly there is a market for a 50k FK8 or the LE wouldn’t have sold out, so I suspect the new CTR will be priced 39,995.

I ended up keeping mine and opted to purchase a non manual gearbox sports car to accompany it, due to arrive next spring. Truth be told wife told me to keep the FK8 largely due to it being such a great family car. It has only done 18k in just under 4 years with another extra car mileage will drop to maximum 3k per year, being a manual I think it will hold its value if kept standard so that’s the plan. We would like to drive into Europe next year, drive Spa and Nurburgring, haven’t been since I last raced and want to take my lad and the perfect car is the FK8.

Well, mine went this morning back to the dealer I bought it from. I got £500 less than I paid for it over three years ago so I can’t complain.
So if anyone is after a CW CTR GT, with 8600 miles, there will be one at Howard’s Honda, Taunton very soon.

Well, mine went this morning back to the dealer I bought it from. I got £500 less than I paid for it over three years ago so I can’t complain.
So if anyone is after a CW CTR GT, with 8600 miles, there will be one at Howard’s Honda, Taunton very soon.

What did you replace it with....

What did you replace it with....

Well, the lady wife suffers from a spinal injury so getting in and out of the Civic was quite bad for her and she can’t drive a manual car due to not being able to operate the clutch properly. She drives a Mazda CX3 but we decided to get rid of both and go for something that she can use easily, is still quite high up for entry/exit so she’s going for either a new CR-V or a HR-V. Not exactly sporty, but easy for her.

Well, the lady wife suffers from a spinal injury so getting in and out of the Civic was quite bad for her and she can’t drive a manual car due to not being able to operate the clutch properly. She drives a Mazda CX3 but we decided to get rid of both and go for something that she can use easily, is still quite high up for entry/exit so she’s going for either a new CR-V or a HR-V. Not exactly sporty, but easy for her.
Well, that is important and I chuckled at my elderly mum trying to get over my passenger side bolster yesterday....

Back