• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recommendatio for discs + pads + brake lines for EP3

Hey guys,

I know there are a lot of threads regarding this topic over the years.
Just want to know if in these day, you guys still recommend the same things.

So i have a stock EP3 (only KW V3 fitted on them) where i have a long road ahead of me, mainly due to rust. Next step will be the brakes, since they already failed with me when having fun on a hillclimb.
Don't need to spend crazy money, just want something that will always brake when i need it to.
My EP3 will be a weakend car to use for occasional drives, have fun on local hills and maybe 2 to 4 track days a year, but that part will only happen in maybe 2 years time, when i am confident all the chassis/suspension components are changed and rust free.

So i would like your recommendation on the following:

1. Callipers. Keep stock or is there something else not that much expensive i can buy that really makes a difference to the stock EP3 calipers.
Integra DC5i read manytimes, but in my country they are very hard to find.

2. Pads. DS2500 seems to be the most recommended?

3. Discs. Seems to not be so important as pads and fluids, but what is the common trend?

4. Brake fluid. I have no idea if DOT4 is enought or if i should go for the DOT5. What you guys recommend

5. Brake lines. Again, so many brands on the market. Any go to make/model?

Cheers.

DS2500 seems to be the most recommended?
For an unknown reason, I've used them a few times and I think they're rubbish.

Overall budget might help. DC5 callipers are not worth it, they are quite flexible.

How did your brakes fail; mechanical, pads or fluid? Imo
  1. Stock but route air ducts as its usually heat that boils fluid and wears pads out.
  2. Used PBS Prorace in my EP3 but didn't get to try them on track, used Project Mu HC+ on track before and loved em bar the price.
  3. If you want cheap, use stock disks or expensive use a floating caliper.
  4. Motul RBF600, has a higher boiling point than normal DOT4 and not a race one like the 660
  5. A good braided line like Goodridge or HEL

How did your brakes fail; mechanical, pads or fluid? Imo
  1. Stock but route air ducts as its usually heat that boils fluid and wears pads out.
  2. Used PBS Prorace in my EP3 but didn't get to try them on track, used Project Mu HC+ on track before and loved em bar the price.
  3. If you want cheap, use stock disks or expensive use a floating caliper.
  4. Motul RBF600, has a higher boiling point than normal DOT4 and not a race one like the 660
  5. A good braided line like Goodridge or HEL
Hi,

Don't know actually what failed.. i was having some fun and then i braked and no brakes.
I am from Portugal, so this means i can't gat 10% of the options and prices you guys have in the UK.
Would love to fit bigger brakes because they look much better then OEM one's, but mostly i would like to have brakes that work properly.

For braided lines i will go with Goodridge for sure.
Pads still not sure
Disks still not sure

Have a nice day

I've used RPB lines and have had no problems and have always used Motul RBF600 fluid again no issues.

For discs again I have used RPB grooved discs which I found really good but running plain discs on the back now Pagid ones which also seem good.

Pads I have used EBC Redstuff and got on with them, fine for what I use the car for (fast road use) I am currently using Dixcel ES pads and these are also ok but I find they are not as good from cold and also kick out way more brale dust than the EBC's.

Some more options for you.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Back