• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Alex-B

1. Alex-B

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

That is utter tosh to use your words, because the US never got the FK2 and it was 306bhp.
  2. Alex-B

Yes, post#6 in this thread back in March I said I got better mileage from premium fuel (vpower in my case)
  3. Alex-B

BMW M2 competition

Don't miss my OG lci either, was definitely a step backwards from the M4 it replaced and even the sound wasn't that good after they did a software update to fix the blank idrive screen. Bit of a wait??? GR Yaris?
  4. Alex-B

Sort of. The US doesn't use RON ratings which is why the numbers are lower. Premium fuel is available but far less widely so they are tuned for 91 PON which is the equivalent to 95 RON in the UK.
  5. Alex-B

It will mainly affect older cars I’m led to believe. In my experience, I have genuinely got better mileage from using premium fuel over the standard, this will only be exacerbated by the reduction in efficiency of the E10 fuel. As I understand it, you won’t be able to buy 95 Ron any longer, E10...
  6. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

FD2. FK2 accessories are out of production i.e. the OEM carbon interior/ exterior bits so when stock is gone, it’s gone and very few made their way to Japan so not much available from there but mods are available if that’s your thing and you’ll be fine for supply of parts from Honda for some...
  7. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

I believe a lot of the aftermarket companies are no longer making parts for them either if you were to try and replace OEM with different/ uprated parts. Can't blame them either with the FK8 going global, only have to look at the US Civic forum and some of the builds with JDM parts are...
  8. Alex-B

Use V Power problem solved.
  9. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

I nearly bought a second one which was cheap but it was an absolute rust bucket when I went to view it although someone on the owners group with their blinkers on did end up buying it. I ran through the issues on it over the phone with Tom at TGM and he reckoned about 4K in remedial work which...
  10. Alex-B

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

My personal opinion, having an owned an FD2 as a daily is that I wouldn't daily one now. Enjoyed my time with it but I wouldn't go back to one. Rust on them is more of an issue now than it was then when I had mine, the ride is very firm even with the Koni rears, lack of torque makes daily drives...
  11. Alex-B

FK8 New toy

Welcome along :) I was considering an FK8 in this colour but think I’ve talked myself out of it and the car. Will you be changing the exhaust or intake?
  12. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

If you choose the message board/ forum option it puts the pics straight in :) Looks well in red. Wouldn’t worry about thieves too much, I’ve had lots of BMW’s, including many having the thief dream of keyless entry and they’ve been fine. Had two young lads on bikes steal the metal caps...
  13. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

Use this https://postimages.org/
  14. Alex-B

FK8 Collecting fk8

Pics or it didn’t happen ;)
  15. Alex-B

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

You don't name the dealer but Torque GT/ BHP Imports/ JM Imports may be a good place to start. Collecting Cars can be a bit of a faff from what I have seen elsewhere and it's certainly not the first place most people will look or have even heard of. PH/ Ebay probably a better bet although you...
Back