• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by allycooke

1. allycooke

Extended Warranty

is it a keeper?, if you think there's a chance you might sell in the time to extend your warranty be aware it's not refundable after the initial 14-day (IIRC) cooling off period. it's possible to have the warranty transferred to any new owner (with your permission) so you'll need to factor that...
  2. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

dealer said mine will take some time to sell, but someone will come along likely in the spring as the prospect of warmer days/sticky tyres returns. The new Type R might be in really limited numbers for the UK market by the time it eventually arrives in 2023 and even have a price tag similar to...
  3. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

my old one is here; https://www.johnbanks.co.uk/used-vehicle-details/used-honda-civic-20-vtec-turbo-type-r-gt-5dr-hatchback-white-manual-petrol/id-4053596117798374232/ has the 5 year servicing pack with 2 more to go, and I had paid for the honda extended warranty for 3 years just a few months...
  4. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

I know I shouldn't keep looking but I received an updated WBAC quote for my now sold FK8, the price has softened (reduced by 3k in value) - I wonder if this in part due to the new CTR being formally announced, or maybe the fuel crisis has a slight trend away from ICE cars in favour of EVs?
  5. allycooke

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

where is it planned to be built? given the UK was only given a small amount of LE cars (40 units) I wonder if the primary markets will be seen to be just USA/JAPAN and LHD Europe?
  6. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

and just like that it's gone. never again will I suspect I'll get paid money just to own and drive a modern car around for 20,000 miles over 3 years and be quids in. I feel a little empty, but heck the wedge in the bank balance and the non-FK8 friendly winter salt and pot holes fast...
  7. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

Mine is going tomorrow. If anyone is after 2 unmarked OEM 20"'s with Continental Tyres for pothole/puncture/kerbing insurance let me know. Also have a set of OEM FK8 Winter Wheels with Continental Winter Contact Rubber as well. Please PM me. I'll stick 'em on the bay in a couple of weeks...
  8. allycooke

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

went with the wife to local BMW Mini dealer the other weekend, all the cars *inside* their posh showroom were pre-registered / used car stock as all the brand new cars had gone to Customers. They were quoting a 6 month wait on a new car due to the chip-shortage, they'd never seen these type of...
  9. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

PS: my 20kms June 2018 car is up to £29, 845 now.
  10. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

if nothing else it might be worth seeing (as I'd be interested) how close WBAC are willing to come to their actual offer price when they are stood in front of it. I've heard the perception is the phone app offer is rarely matched when they start nit picking. if it was me and the phone app...
  11. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

I'm pondering whether to chop mine in while the residuals are this good and then keep the money back for the Emira.
  12. allycooke

FK8 Fk8 current values

with no more new FK8s being built, and dealers adding a markup on the last remaining it's now a classic case of demand outstripping supply I guess until more is known / heard about the next gen in terms of price, spec, performance and availability there will always be those with money sat...
  13. allycooke

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

2018, CW FK8 with 19k miles. WBAC offering me £28,230 !!! Phil Schofield has gone mad :) but then I saw a LE up for £88k on Pistonheads, earlier.
  14. allycooke

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

When I had my ex-demo FK8 rejected, I was aware that Honda UK would sell the dealer another brand new FK8 at a much discounted rate so that I could be offered a new car at less than list price by way of compensation to the whole long-drawn out issue. There was some heavy discounting from the...
  15. allycooke

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

It's a tricky one given the strong pricing on new/nearly-new cars right now. I can see the dealer is thinking it's better to give you your money back, they can then fix the car and then put it on the forecourt at £40k. Fixing your car (and letting you keep it) hurts the dealers back-pocket...
Back