• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by CivicCol

1. C

Looking for Foglamp for 7th Gen Type S 2.0L

Well... as above, I refuse to pay £288+ VAT so I ordered a pair of replacements from China via eBay. They arrived today, earlier than predicted and so far look pretty decent for the 20 odd quid I paid. They have die cast bodies which look very much like original Japanese manufacture, but may...
  2. C

How to replace a broken bonnet release cable

Alloy bodge fitted. The whole job was much easier if the cable end support bracket was removed from the sidewall of the footwell. I found the easiest way to trim off the old plastic on the cable end, was to use a junior hack saw. Otherwise entirely straightforward.
  3. C

Thank you Flashy. I got a bit braver and found that it actually needs to be released from the sill side and then pulled back towards the rear of the car a bit. That releases the captive clips without breaking them. Alloy Bodge Replacement ordered.
  4. C

Looking for Foglamp for 7th Gen Type S 2.0L

As above. The dealers want £288+ vat. Cheeky s**ds. Online breakers haven't come up with anything yet. So, if anyone can point me somewhere, or better still....has one to sell. I need passenger side. If not I'll have to risk £15 on a Chinese copy..
  5. C

Good evening! Some nice pics above, but I'm falling at the first hurdle because I can't get the trim cover off! I can get the trim away from the sill side and prise it away so that I can see the bonnet release cable end bracket, but I can see no way of completely removing the trim without...
Back