• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by cowboyjon

1. C

Cheap backup/winter wheels?

Sorry if this has been asked before lads (i ran a search but the closest answer was kinda old) but after needing a recovery truck to bring my fk8 home from a catastrophic (brand new pilot 4) tyre failure today i swore i'd bite the bullet and buy a backup set of wheels that i'll also stick some...
  2. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Lol. 'concern trolling' is what that is known as dude. You ain't kidding anyone.
  3. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Ah, you see that's where we differ mate, to me and a helluva lot of others the fk8 IS a great car. That's great you have all that cash sitting around just waiting for a price that you find agreeable but please don't feel the need to worry about all those poor people taking out finance to buy...
  4. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

My question is you know 100%? You know that for a fact? I thought it was a simple enough question.
  5. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

I really don't see what car I owned has anything to do with it? From your stance are you telling me you know what you're talking about because you have owned a £50k car? Bit of an elitist stance there and missing my point entirely. This might come as a shock to you but there's a big wide...
  6. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

100%?
  7. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

This is exactly what I'm talking about - how do you know they would soon come to regret it?
  8. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Somebody is paying it, I've no doubt. Just because you, me or anyone else on this forum can't imagine paying £40k+ for an fk8 doesn't mean there aren't other people out there with the means or inclination to go for it. We bought ours last weekend, we paid what it was worth to us and are...
  9. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Drove 3hrs South to pick up our 2018 on Saturday. Championship white, 21000 miles, full service history (serviced every 6 months!). Paid waaaay under the current market value for it and its absolutely minted. Ended up spending hours detailing the engine bay yesterday, loving every second...
  10. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Slapped a deposit down on a 2018 model. Happy lad - hopefully collect tomorrow.
  11. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Wow, you are all crushing my dreams! Guess I'll shuffle off and buy a ten year old runabout until prices drop a few thousand pounds, lol!
  12. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Super deal you got for yourself! Not much I can do about the market values though. If I were to wait 6 months prices might come down but then again we might be talking a few hundred quid. Personally for the sake of that cash I'd rather have been driving around in the car I wanted. You pays...
  13. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

I've travelled far in the past many a time for cars and bikes and at 42 years old I feel like I've had enough! I'd make an exception for the right car but the reasonable chance of turning up and the car not being quite right and more importantly the gearbox being one of the dodgy ones just...
  14. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

Even in the current market £33k is over priced, by maybe £2k-£3k. I'd say with the new type r coming maybe as far away as 2023 there's a reasonable chance of it at least looking a lot more civilised (boring) even though I've no doubt it'll be an absolute hoot to drive. If thats the case the...
  15. C

FK8 Fk8 current values

I don't suppose you know how long the 2018 at motorpoint in Glasgow has been on the market for?
Back