• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
Danger200
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Yeh still living in the Brighton area, just along the coast a bit in a place called Newhaven, about a 10/15 minute drive from Brighton town :) So you're more than welcome to head over and have a gander/ help mate.

Good call on the Takata's matching up with the springs, now it makes perfect sense hehe And I'll be mounting them onto the mounting points for the seatbelt clips underneath the rear bench (as they're 4 point harnesses), but my Saxo ones where mounted on the c-pillar belt mounts as they were 3 point ones.

Clutch wise, I've been advised to get an organic Helix clutch for £350 by TDI to deal with the extra power I'll be running, so I guess I can trust their judgement haha :p
    Part 2..
    Purple themed interior wise, I do, kind of, in the form of purple LEDs in the boot for the sound system :lol:

Oh yeh, my Uncle isn't actually available to help me on either of those two weekends, so I'm just going to borrow his tools and work on it on at mine. You are still more than welcome to attend and help, but would understand if it's too far a distance to travel :)

And I've opted to just replace my top mounts for the time being as I really can't stretch to coilovers just yet, especially seeing as with the final drive etc I've been told it's a good idea to replace the clutch so that's another £350 I wasn't vouching on spending, so coilovers will have to take a backseat for now :)
    Part 1..
    To be honest, it is kind of going backwards, I am aware, but am hoping that I can climb the ladder their, as I've been at Sony for over 3 years now and am still where I was when I started. I was offered an assistant managers' role but in another store and the money wasn't good enough for what I'd have been responsible for. So fingers crossed :)

In regards to the harnesses, I've gone for the Takata's for pure JDM win! Green isn't really my theme but they look lovely. I used to have purple harnesses in my Saxo but they were by a brand called "Luke" so I wouldn't be winning any points for running them in an EP3 lol Yet as far as I'm aware you can keep the back seats accessable but I don't think people can sit in them as the harness would hit them in the face haha
    Part 2..
    In regards to the bits that need fitting, there ar a few bits, but it's stuff I already have as the bits floating their way to me are all things that need professional fitting other than my harnesses hehe

Your orange theme sounds like a good plan if you manage to get all the bits you say, as you well now I'm a sucker for colour coding :lol:

Bit of bad news in regards to the car (to deminish my good news of a private plate), but there's something up with the steering/ suspension and need to drop it down to Eurospec tomorrow to get it seen to. They think my steering rack mount/ bushes are coming loose/ damaged :?
    Part 1..
    Strangely your perks are what I'd be losing working in this office, no internet other than lunch times, and it'll probably be too busy to get tea/ coffee that often; and not to mention that it's 40 miles away as opposed to 11, so there aren't any real perks other than getting out of where I'm currently working as I desperately need a change lol The money is a few grand a year better, but over £2k of it will be getting soaked up by £210 a month rail fare :? :( But that's how much I want a change of pace!
    Yeh there are quite a few brands that offer rear tie bars and I'm sure they all have the same results hehe Yet in regards to the rear ARB, personally I would powder coat as it'd be a much more reliable finish and harder wearing with the crap weather we have, but getting a mate to spray it will obviously cost alot less. I think that getting my stuff powder coated each ARB was £50 each to get done, plus £25 for the special order on the purple powder for three bits (2 ARB's and the under chassis brace).

And nope, no trailer, just use the backseats and rear footwells haha :p

Job wise, something completely different, am going to be working in the head office for Evans Cycles, mainly on the phones but am not sure which department they'll put me in yet. Start on the 12th July so shall see whether it was the right thing to do :? lol

Were you free either of those weekends? As I'll ring my Uncle and see which one(s) he's able to let me use the drive etc..
    Ah no, mountain bike jumping I meant hehe I used to sweat quite a lot and had tacky grips that were awesomely sticky so your hands didn't slip off, but your hands had to be dry so opted for wrist bands, how cool was I?! :lol: But yes, my bay was shocking in those pictures, but I intend to keep it clean once there's something inside that's worth keeping clean, ie, J's p*rnography :p

That sounds like a good idea actually, if you wouldn't mind and if you were free. I'll have to check whether I'll be allowed to stay at my Uncles for a few days to get it all done, so I'll keep you updated. I'm changing jobs next month and will have holiday left so I'm thinking the weekend of either 2nd-4th July or 9th-11th July, but likely the first of the two.. Oh, and yup, Eurospec will fit the big bits lol

And yeh you usually get cheap hoses on fleabay but only in red as they're the most commonly sold, so Samco and SFS are the only companies that'll offer orange, but it'll be worth it. :)
    Ah no, didn't go for the socks in the end, I found a pair of Dirty Habit wrist sweat bands that I used to have for jumping that are grey and match the car suprisingly well :) Not to mention, my car kind of is a dirty habit :p

My rad hoses were from Sumo Power. They are Do-Luck ones and only come in purple. But if you're after red or orange ones, the people that made my purple intake hose do coolant hoses too in about 9 colours.. If you google SFS Performance then you'll find their page :) HTH

And yeh, probably not the best of ideas to work out the "potential savings", as too late to do anything about it now, just be happy that it's on its way :) Should be beginning of August if all goes according to plan :D and correct, I do still have bits laying around, so sodding lazy! :(

Oh, and tie bar hasn't given me any noticeable agro, but now that you have mentioned that it's coming lose I'll have to check mine to be sure hehe
    Yeh and it was in the high 190's 9 months ago :( Super sucks!! Typical, always drops when I want to buy stuff lol

And I look forward to perhaps more pictures, as I really like what I see om nom nom :D
    Firstly, :lol: @ you posting on the wrong wall.. Secondly, damn that picture was good!!! :p Names and numbers for stalking purposes please ;) haha

And yeh I think where the CTR is short in terms of front to back I'd expect car length graphics to look hugely out of place unless done perfectly, but that might be hard. It works better on evo's and the like as they are longer, but if you could come up with a good design that's not too in your face then it could possible work.

And I think the Arc doesn't suffer from heat soak as the panel that filters the air is facing away from the engine itself. Granted it'd draw in bay temperatures but not engine temps, and James put a graph up where it was only 2 or 3 bhp lower than a GruppeM... So definately worth considering.
    Well I'd honestly say that due to the increase in exhaust gas expolsion (ie the header being so much better than standard) you'd be better off forking out for a K100 and not buying any induction system as opposed to buying a cheaper kit and then having your car run poorly due to it being confused.. If that makes sense? But you' be able to source an Arc and K100 plus mapping for £1100 say, whic, is a fairly large outlay, but you'd be running so much smoother for that :) My 2p anyway.

And in terms of my stickers, I'm thinking a large one going top to bottom on the passenger side of the windscreen, the same on the drivers side rear window, and a symbol translating to "soul" on the petrol cap hehe Yet I would say that the ones I've already got look really good, may have to show you a picture of them.
    Ah yes I remember now.. Yeh, sticker wise I'm waiting to get a quote back for some customs Japanese "Kanji" proverbs in a reflective gloss finish to match the J's stickers I've already got :)

In regards to James, it'd be interesting to know the comission he gets from sales really hehe

And yeh, I'm certain the Piper system will suit your needs amiccably :) You'll definately see the increase in power paired up with a remap ;)
    I guess it's all down to what you think is best, I, personally will cross the MOT bridge when I come to it. Either befriend a local one to put the car through (which should be possible with a sly £20) or just get a proper garage to swap the bits over when required. Yes it's a pain, but it's just a day out of 365 haha

Oh yes, picture will be greatly appreciated hehe

Just had a busy spell at work and now can't remember the rest of your message :? Sodding customers lmao..
    Twin sisters, clubbing, snogging...?! Link link link!!!!!!! :shock: mmmmmm hehe But no, they are not that way inclined at all lol

Having a look, baring in mind you'll need the manifold and downpipe (which would be de-cat only) it'd set you back around £870 plus shipping. Not sure how that compares to the price of the Piper system...?

And cheers for that, I like to think that I've put alot of thought into my plans, well, many hours of dreaming and creating wish-lists probably helped :lol: And yup, I always said I'd try and keep the car as standard looking as much as possible with subtle touches, which I think I'm managing to achieve quite well (barring the exsuast and system noise lol)

Oh, and how weird would that be, my sales helping James pay for a new car :? lmao.. Don't think he'd admit that to me even if it was the case haha
    Yeh I don't think going that far to please her sister would be the best option for me ;) lmfao! But I will keep you updated with the outcome mate :)

Oh, and this:

I'm not going to lie but your car will probably be one of the best on here. Not to mention it's already in the best colour IMO.

...means alot. Nice to hear such a good comment, so thank you for that :) But yes, I'm pretty sure James is pretty fond of me mwahahahaha Although I'd hope that he deals with other customers that spend just as much if not more than me, as think I'd feel quite bad if I was his best customer haha
    Well she likes to think she rules the roost but she just ends up coming across as a miserable wench lol But yeh I'm sure it's teething issues too, heck it's only the first day! haha So we shall see. Mum isn't due down for around a month or so, so I'll have to stay put until then anyway so it might have got better by then.

And from you're request, see my thread for information :lol: ;)
    Yeh the house move thing went well, that is, until her sister came back from holiday yesterday :? I've been there just under two weeks now and it was just me and the missus but now her sister is back I can already see that this isn't going to work... As soon as I left for work this morning she went about complaining to my gf about this that and the rest of it, along with complaining that she didn't have any money because of her holiday so she wanted an extra £50 from me a month.. Errrm, it doesn't work that way love! lol But in my favour my Mum is moving back down south into a 4 bedroom bungalow with two rooms upstairs and has said that I can have one as a berdoom and the other as my own personal lounge! :D So not a bad thing if I need to leave lmao...

In regards to my parts, I'm too excited to keep it a secret, but want to wait and suprise people at the same time :? What should I do, provide a list on my thread you reckon or wait? lol
    Yeh it's a heat treatment (cryogenics), where you freeze all the metals etc so they get hot slower and don't heat to the same temperature, therefore keeping the whole block cooler overall, meaning you can rev harder for longer without risk of damage etc :) It's fairly cheap as a job, expensive labour wise lol

And yup, each stage has a wish list. A "money no object" and a "realistic" too. I like lists, as makes the whole process seem organised lmao!

Regarding boost, I've driven skylines, evos, and scoobys and they are fun, but I'm strangely not attracted to buying one yet. I think because I've set myself a goal of buying my next car around 30 I've managed to steer away from temptation, even though I can insure a evo 9 FQ 360 for an extra £8 a year!!! :freak: But there's also the fact that I can never just "have a car", I've always got to change something, and the bill for upping power etc on one of those is much higher than an EP3 so I'm saving myself money really ;) haha
    Yeh I intend to keep this for a while yet, am thinking until I turn 30 and even then I may keep it as a track/weekend jaunt and not sell it on, but I'm too impatient to buy things in dribs and drabs, I try to buy in bulk to get the best package deals, but I do do things in stages. As first stage was sound system. Second was service parts, braking, wheel powder coating, and intake. Then third stage was geo and handling, so all my braces, bars, springs, LCA's, camber arms and bolts and the like.. And now it's the first stage of power increase which my next stage. Then it'll be upgraded brakes as a fifth stage and that'll be it for a bit as serious saving will occur for the sixth and final stage, which will be throttle bodies and treating the engine cryogenically and pulling it apart to adjust all the internals to serious kit, the likes of valve springs, cams and all the other gubbins..
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back