• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by daz type-r

1. daz type-r

Shell V Power DONT USE

Did your work colleagues say why? Any proof or just their opinion? Shell V Power is all I have used since having this car and the power / pickup feels perfect to me? There have been many a myth over the years of Shell V Power being no good, is not actually 99 Ron etc, most of which have been...
  2. daz type-r

FL5 New Civic Type R

I have 2 Honda stealerships near me, may pop to them both on Saturday and see if they are taking refundable deposits, if they do, great, will have a look later on and make my mind up, if not, I have a fantastic FK8, win / win as far as I`m concerned.
  3. daz type-r

FL5 New Civic Type R

I have read that the Corolla GR is NOT coming to Europe. Something about the rule of 3 that Toyota have, so this will be the 4th GR model sold in Europe (GR86, Supra GR and the Yaris GR being the 3 currently sold).
  4. daz type-r

Dream Automotive in Luton.

Yeah, journey times and distance are almost identical, the PRL high volume intake is just £25 more expensive at TDI than it is at Dream, so just shopping around.
  5. daz type-r

Nottingham.
  6. daz type-r

Thank you very much, appreciate your reply. You read reviews ETC online but these days it’s hard to know what’s real and what’s not, so ”real world” reviews like this are excellent. 2 hrs trip down the M1 it is then for a PRL HVI !!
  7. daz type-r

Hi guys, Has any body used Dream Automotive in Luton for upgrades, parts, services ETC? Any good, one to avoid or can anybody recommend anywhere else? Also, are these the same outfit who has the Dream Automotive plate in the engine bay of the FK8? Cheers.
  8. daz type-r

PRL intake and Miltek exhaust for a 2020 FK8.

Hi all, Cant do a search on PRL as the search term is too short and I can see no mention of PRL in the 1st few pages of this sub forum, so just wondering if anybody on here as a PRL high volume intake? Im not after power gains and am not looking at a remap, I just want the car to sound better...
  9. daz type-r

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

Excuse my ignorance, but is this issue a 1st into 2nd or a 2nd into 3rd issue?
  10. daz type-r

FK8 Fk8 current values

Just to add to the comments, 6 weeks ago I purchased a 2020 , 70 plate, face lift with 4800 miles on the clock, 11 months old, 1 owner with a 5 year service plan thrown in for £37,000. Yes it’s over priced, but not like it’s massively overpriced. I have seen 2018 pre facelifts with 12,500...
  11. daz type-r

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

That sorted it thanks, now I don't have to sit with the engine running so I can listen to music :D
  12. daz type-r

Ok thanks, will give it a go, tried long press and short press without the clutch depressed and it just beepsat me telling me to press the clutch, will try the double push method, thanks.
  13. daz type-r

Is it possible to put the ignition on without starting the car on the FK8? Cheers.
  14. daz type-r

Variable Service Indicator.

Quick question chaps, My FK8 is 4 days off being a year old, had a look on the service option on the dash and it says oil change in 2200 miles (Oil can symbol only, mileage and the letter A). The car has only done 5100 miles, so am I correct in thinking it does NOT need a service, just an oil...
  15. daz type-r

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

My bad, I thought we were talking about the FK8.
Back