• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by dessimpson

1. dessimpson

FL5 New Civic Type R

Is the price a joke? Isn't that about £15k more than the FK8?
  2. dessimpson

Modifications

Didn't you get a dyno print out?
  3. dessimpson

FK8 No more new FK8's

You say that like "made in UK" is a good thing?
  4. dessimpson

XenForo issues and tracker thread

I just looked for the titles from the link URL's and did a search for them :)
  5. dessimpson

XenForo issues and tracker thread

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/loxys-silver-fn2-gt-js-braces.42521/ https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/my-ep3-tdi-turbo-kit-420bhp-300ftlb-12psi-12-6s-119mph-street-tyres.53947/
  6. dessimpson

Site not secure?

You can get on using Chrome if you type thisisunsafe when the certificate error comes up.
  7. dessimpson

FK8 Non-performance modifications not insured

That sounds a bit harsh on their part? I'm with Churchill and they were ok with mine. Exhaust, air filter and coilovers.
  8. dessimpson

Timing Chain Check

I had mine done a few months ago. Similar mileage as yours. Along with an MOT, major service (plugs, filters and all oils) and a new water pump. Was about £1300 all in. Pretty sure the timing chain kit was £255. So if you add labour onto that it'll give you a rough price.
  9. dessimpson

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Suffered from this on all my Evo's. The lazy option is to spray some "back to black" on them. Works a treat short term :)
  10. dessimpson

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Lol. I used it today to go get my covid jab [emoji16]
  11. dessimpson

Got a new battery for the mini last weekend so I can now move it to get the EP3 out of the garage for the first time in about 3 months :) Took it for a quick spin and the EML came on [emoji35] O2 sensor error. Reset the code and took it for another blast. It didn't come back on but I'll keep...
  12. dessimpson

Nope. Other than the timing chain and water pump. I've only done about 2000 miles in it nearly 2 years. I went to get it out of the garage on Saturday but my mini was parked in front of it with a dead battery [emoji35] It'll be out this weekend though as the mini has a new battery now.
  13. dessimpson

Jdm ep3 suspension refresh

My EP3 has coilovers and I wish it didn't. Would much prefer standard shocks.
  14. dessimpson

I opened my garage and saw mine for the first time in 2 months. Then closed the garage door again :)
  15. dessimpson

EP3 FN2 bouncing and bobbing at the front after coil/o and FRS

I had BC coilovers on my old Evo 5. The front end on it bounced around a fair bit too. I think it's just the fact that the BC coilovers are crap.
Back