• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by EP3PO

1. E

FN2 OBD2 Fault code reader

I have an CTR FN2, the VSA, ABS and tire pressure warning light have come on together a couple of times. They go off if I turn the engine off and on again but the check engine light stays on. I was looking to read the codes to get an idea of what is going on. I have a cheap code reader (MaxiScan...
  2. E

30 day insurance

Thanks, I did think this might have been possible after I swapped the insurance to the new car, I would guess its too late now, I think it was 2 months ago I switched. I will be sure to do a little more research next time. I ended up taking out 14 days insurance for around £90. Yep that's right...
  3. E

30 day insurance

Cheers Chris, do you remember who you used? It looks like the cheapest way to do this is to take out a year policy and pay monthly then cancel when I sell it. Which I am hoping is a week or so. Looks like that would only cost around £60.
  4. E

30 day insurance

Just wondering if anybody has taken out cheap short term insurance? I need to sell my wife's old polo as she has a new car. I wanted to take out a months insurance for test drives etc, except the cheapest quote is £90 for 30 days. A year insurance in the car was only £200 so I was hoping to...
  5. E

EP3 general track day advice for beginner

I recently did my first track day in my EP3. It is totally standard and I didn't have any issues. What I did, which I think worked well, was do a novice track day and got some tuition. Track days are great fun.
  6. E

Squeaky/grinding noise at low speed.

No smoke, no smell. Later in the day of my first post I could feel that on the offending corner the brake disk was hot though. Guess I caught it early.
  7. E

It was a seized brake caliper.
  8. E

When driving at low speeds there is a squeaky grinding noise coming from the underside of my EP3, I can’t tell if it’s front or back. It only starts above about 10mph and I can’t hear it above about 45mph. I thought it was just the break pads getting low but the sound doesn’t change when I...
  9. E

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Due to the cold weather mine is down to 230-250 miles per tank (25mpg). Normally it would be at 300 miles per tank (30mpg).
  10. E

P0420

Cheers guys, because (and I know it sounds silly) but most of the post I have read suggest that normally its the sensor that is supposed to tell you that the cat is faulty is actually faulty itself. I can get an emissions test done no problem.
  11. E

EP3 Interior Lights not coming on when door opens. Door Switches? - EP3

+1 for checking the switch on the light itself.
  12. E

EP3 Interior Lights not coming on when door opens. Door Switches? - EP3

A way to double check if its the door switches at fault would be to look at the 'door open' light on the dash. Does this come on and off? If so I would guess the problem is elsewhere. Also I would guess its unlikely both drivers and passenger door switches have failed at the same time. (it...
  13. E

P0420

Unfortunately I just have the standard ECU. So it does sound like its the second sensor that is faulty (or picking up the fault).
  14. E

P0420

I am occasionally getting this fault code P0420 (Catalyst system efficiency below threshold bank 1). Car runs fine but every now and again the engine fault light comes on. Having read other forum posts the first thing to do is replace the cat sensors. But my issue is money at the moment, having...
  15. E

Insurance question

She has now accepted the payment. The insurance company wouldn't increase the value of the car but said they made a mistake with the salvage value so have increased that a bit. She is going to take out finance on another car until the second cheque arrives.
Back