• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email
^Joe
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hello mate. Glad it turned up ok. I know when i got it from Zeff, he said there was a bracket arm missing, but he had never noticed it when it was on the car. TBH i never even realised that it was missing until he told me, but i never had any issues with it when i had it on my car. All i did do, was put some pipe lagging around the part of the tube that goes down into the wheel well area just to stop any issues with vibrations. From what i gathered when i first fitted it, and asking loads of questions on here, the bracket is purely to stop it from rubbing on the bodywork and the link tubes that fit to throttle body ,and the jubilee clips, as long as they are tightened up, will do a good enough job of keeping it safely on the car. As i say, i NEVER had any issues and i am not shy with the throttle occasionally :lol: Hope this helps give you a bit more confidence mate. Darren ;)
    diesel bmws are pretty unreliable out the box to be fair mate.

i suppose you'll be looking at 3 series not 5. specifically they have swirl flap failure on the diesel turbo (google it) and also EGR valve failure, also another quite large show stopper. that said preventative maintenance on those parts costs sub £200 and then the car is reliable.

their electronics, suspension/ride and options are excellent. my mate ran his 320d upto ~130K from 70K without servicing and on vege oil.

5K would get you a 2001/2002 with 60-80K 3 series, 320d, you want to get the SE spec or higher. the E or ES is poverty spec. you need to make sure you get the sports leather seats also or byebye resale.

cheers.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back