• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by lockwood77

1. L

FK8 Fk8 current values

Christ, I'd have snapped anyone's hand off for an NSX-R for £38k at any point in time! (Sorry to rub it in! :oops:) A car finance guy said something to me about the law meaning finance companies can't change the rates until Jan, if that's true maybe we'll see some shift then as no doubt...
  2. L

FK8 Fk8 current values

I agree prices should (have to?) drop, but there are pressures in the opposite direction too. New car production will remain suppressed by the semiconductor shortage well into next year and possibly to 2023 from some reports. The FK8 is widely regarded as the best FWD car of recent times and as...
  3. L

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

Out of interest, I'm assuming it's normal for the gearshift to be a little "notchy"? Mine certainly can be (brand new facelift) and not just from cold.
  4. L

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

Yeah, not quite the uplift dealers are trying to get on a GR Yaris, but not far off. No way I'm paying £5k over list for a pre-reg car that I ordered in good time last Feb! If you're wondering why they're pre-registered, it's because until the car is registered, it's still Honda's property and...
  5. L

It's true that the dealer may be able to make (more of) a profit out of the situation. They are getting cash from Honda for taking the car back (amount not yet disclosed) as Honda UK have admitted it's their fault, so if the rectifications can be done within that amount and I keep the car they...
  6. L

The refund is already agreed, the issue of course is that a refund doesn't get me an FK8 (or any other car given the waitlists and inflated prices for everything at the moment). If I reject the car, that's it, no FK8 for me as I can't order another one and used prices are now above what I paid...
  7. L

Honda UK told me last week they can't find a replacement and the dealer will sort a refund. I went back to them and said if I can't get a different car, will they replace bumpers, key fob casings etc. and they basically ignored that and said "sorry we can't help this time, the dealer will refund...
  8. L

Ah right, definitely a different car then! What were the issues on yours - did the bonnet mysteriously unlatch itself? I've driven mine a couple of times since and haven't replicated the problem, but equally I can't work out how it would happen unless the latch mechanism is misaligned or the...
  9. L

It's YO21 EYA. Only 7 miles on the clock, so I guess not the same car? What was wrong with yours (apologies if it's in a thread on here, haven't seen it)?
  10. L

I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say that the bonnet opening on to its safety catch whilst driving is not a common issue!? :oops: Happened to me yesterday on my first drive (dealer says fine to do so as I've already made them aware of the issues), didn't go over 70mph, had it in +R...
  11. L

Unless I'm offered something I haven't considered myself, I'll be rejecting the car. You're all correct, it will never be right and I don't want the hassle of going through repeated attempts to repaint a car that will never look like new as a result. I spoke to someone with a bit of inside...
  12. L

FK8 Can a couple of you check your satnav version number please?

Great, many thanks David. From your version numbers it looks like there has been a (minor) update, so maybe what they told me was true.
  13. L

FK8 Can a couple of you check your satnav version number please?

Just bumping this in case anyone can check their version for me (easy to find, just go to the Settings when you're in the satnav)?
  14. L

Yeah, wouldn't be such an issue if they were still making them or anyone had stock. But they're clearly all sold, hence dealers asking for £45k or £50k at the moment. First thing I want is the truth - then I can decide if a repair is acceptable (i.e. it was a scratch, not any impact damage)...
  15. L

Thanks all for the input, appreciate it. Interesting to see you do have a colour difference at the rear there Ally, I would expect a slight difference in certain lights given the different materials, although that said the arch extensions are plastic as well and they match just fine! The dealer...
Back