• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by LSzajmi

1. LSzajmi

Looking for gauge recommendations that can be dimmed together with the dashboard

Hey everyone, I am planning to install Oil temp and pressure gauges in my FN2, but I have no prior experience with wiring them. I drive mainly at night and read that cheaper gauges with 2 backlight options (headlights on/off) have quite bright lights, I am looking for a dimmable option that...
  2. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 Headlight Washers Don't Work

Hi all, I have a facelift EP3 with factory xenons and headlight washers. They have never worked for the 3 years of ownership of the car and I never needed them, but MOT laws have changed in my area, so now I gotta fix them to pass. I can't really find much info about how they work, could anyone...
  3. LSzajmi

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

If you want to make sure it is perfect then yes, get it replaced. Alternatively, you can try bending it back to its correct position, by using only a jack and some tow straps. Find some info and pics on here (read the comments as the method of the OP might not be the best way)...
  4. LSzajmi

EP3 EP3 something came loose off the heater dial. (in dash I believe)

Yeah, the manual heater control seems to be giving in after so many years on all 7th gens. There could be 4 reasons causing the issue: - The end of the cable broke (either age or the last 2 points) - The little black metal clip holding the heater cable broke, or it gave in like in the video...
  5. LSzajmi

EP3 Spongy brake pedal (bled multiple times)

Hi everyone, My brake pedal feels quite spongy, and cannot figure out what the reason could be (Facelift EP3). Symptoms: - When the engine is stopped, the pedal has a slight, but noticeable spongy feel - When I start the engine, the pedal sinks halfway down and becomes really spongy (it...
  6. LSzajmi

EP3 Loose shifter mechanism EP3

It was indeed the springs, I ordered some Acuity ones from Tegiwa, they are not much stiffer than OEM. I saw nothing wrong with the shifter mechanism or the original springs that were in there, but as soon as I changed them the slop disappeared, now my shifter feels amazing, especially paired...
  7. LSzajmi

The cable end bushings are fine, are there any inside the gear selector mechanism that could wear out?
  8. LSzajmi

Hi! I've had a loose shifter on my car for quite some time now, but after driving a mate's EP3, I really felt the difference in the tightness of the shifts and want to restore my car to the same level. I ordered a Revo short shifter in hopes that it would fix it, but the OEM one it...
  9. LSzajmi

EP3 Bonnet gap adjustment?

If the latch adjustment doesn't fix it, there is a possibility that the radiator support is a bit bent upwards (as the latch is bolted to the rad support directly). The most common cause is incorrect lifting of the front (either jacking on the rad support or the jack slips onto it from the...
  10. LSzajmi

Can the EP3 be made to pop like a modern car?

Thank you for all the replies, I got a lot of answers. The presence of the nice little pops on the modern cars I've heard probably do have something to do with an anti-lag system or the turbo itself, after your suggestions. I definitely don't want any loud bangs and flames with a map...
  11. LSzajmi

Can the EP3 be made to pop like a modern car?

Hi all! I am aware that the EP3 is in no way comparable to most modern cars, however I am a beginner when it comes to exhausts and I'd like to understand the phenomenon of pops, and how to manipulate it, if possible. I've had the luck of experiencing several modern performance cars (mostly...
  12. LSzajmi

EP3 Looking for rim recommendations (Aftermarket vs. OEM)

After long consideration I have decided to go with TE37-style bronze wheels, I got one more question left regarding the size: My summer tires are 215/45R17, which would fit rims 7 to 8 inches wide. I am not planning on going wider tires, and I want to avoid rolling the arches, so 7 and 7,5...
  13. LSzajmi

EP3 White smoke and misfire after IACV cleaning

I went over all the connections on the TB, removing them one by one didn't make any difference. I have no idea what could be the problem anymore. If I find no other option, I am gonna tow it to a local mechanic, since my local Honda shop is not available for like 3 weeks and see, if he can come...
  14. LSzajmi

Unfortunately I don't have a more advanced OBD II reader, but I'll try to find one in my area from a fellow civic owner. The new O2 sensor is an aftermarket one, it was fine before, but if it was faulty it would only start to run rich after it has warmed up (since when it's cold it is in...
  15. LSzajmi

Injector O-rings seemed fine, replaced them anyway, but nothing has changed. I tested the injectors, and none of them were leaking after pressurizing the fuel system (I took them out, cycled the ignition a couple of times, but no fuel dripped out). If the injector closed when the engine shut...
Back