• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by MickR

1. MickR

FK2 Clutch valve delay removal

Good video on YouTube by Torq toolbox, he goes through the delay valve removal but also oil change & how to adjust the clutch pedal. Worth a look
  2. MickR

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Faulty a/c pumps are common in the states so Honda increased the warranty on them to 10years as customers where kicking off. UK - same issues but HondaUK do nothing about it....
  3. MickR

What did you do to your Type R today?

They fit over the fake mesh and not the flat part that has 'do not paint' on it. I've had zero issues since fitting :) Yeah the Mugen ones have painted options too but these don't. The ones I bought are unpainted so I just painted them myself with rattle cans. Easy enough to do tbh considering...
  4. MickR

Well apart from they're copies so had to use my own fixing bolts as the ones supplied where a little short but otherwise had no issues at all. They sit above the sensor area so can't see how they would interfere with anything?
  5. MickR

Not really 'today' but recently.. new wheels, Bola B2R with semi-slick tyres, Mugen front inserts and re-fitted my Forge intercooler
  6. MickR

Better? ;)
  7. MickR

Mugen starter button fitted :D
  8. MickR

FK8 My Honda App (& Tracker) - gone by 30th June 2021

my local dealer could never get mine to work properly as it was always disconnecting so i kinda gave up with it, i agree the short notice is poor, usualy you get plenty of warning when they close down a service
  9. MickR

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

to me it just looks like it needs a new bumper and not a terrible repair like what someone has tried here!
  10. MickR

FK8 Trim Rattle

I remember seeing a YouTube video of this exact thing! iirc the guy pulled the trim off carefully and it just has push clips under, used some foam backed tape bear the bottom as it sits really close to the air bag module
  11. MickR

Can you help me identify the previous owners mods?

The thing in the rear looks like it could be part of a flex fuel kit, I believe they're popular in the states as their fuel at the pump tends to be a lower octane than we get in Europe. ( I could also be completely wrong :D ) In my opinion those mods seem to be a bit odd for a person in there 60's
  12. MickR

I feel your pain! Just had a nail in my rear tyre sidewall, so I'm now super tempted to use that as an excuse to replace my wheels with 18" :)
  13. MickR

Kinda threw me of at first as the instructions are still referring to the older bracket, it's also a kinda T piece but my car doesn't have the second vacuum pipe.. anyhoo it's sorted though :) Glad you like it, I do too, but I reckon the PRL is pretty tame & quiet compared to the AEM. I like...
  14. MickR

Did you have any issues? Just finished fitting it, and got to say it's a real tight fit, I had some issues manoeuvring the pipe section about to get it into place... Also I was lucky I had an old PRL intake pipe as my kit came with a weird T piece instead of the metal flange bracket? Kinda...
  15. MickR

Coincidence? I'm fitting the PRL tomorrow! :D I'm hoping it's not to loud as I'm replacing my AFE cai as that's way to loud for my liking, dunno maybe I'll put in the for sale section...
Back