• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Mike01

1. M

EP3 6 year service - on 50k at moment

If I was you I would buy the plugs seperately and just get Honda to fit them. Stealers rip you off should save you some money.
  2. M

Creaking noise from Steering!?

I got quoted £1400 when my steering rack was done a couple of years ago, luckily still had 2 weeks left on the warranty and got it done for nothing. :cool:
  3. M

DC5 Gear Knobs!!

http://www.inlinefour.com/rsstainsteel.html here you go
  4. M

JDM Red mats?

Theres a couple of sets on ebay at the minute one of which look in very good nick £90 start http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/jdm-mats-ep3-civic-type-R-/160551893616?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2561a37a70
  5. M

Insurance renewal quote

Just got my renewal quote through today from Lloyds TSB been with them 3 years since I purchased CTR got it at 23 with 3 years no claims paid £800 fully comp first year then £650 and last year £500. I am now 26 (27 in Feb) 6 years no claims and renewal quote is £1100 WTF more than I paid at...
  6. M

DC5 Pedals?

Keep an eye on ebay I got the full set in very good condition for £35 delivered a couple of months ago.
  7. M

FN2 warranty claim valid?

What has happened with your car JMR have you got it sorted
  8. M

knock sound while doing 3 point turn :s

I think you will be better off removing the wheel for what it's worth I doubt you will be able to get at them properly with the wheel still on but yeah just get a spanner and make sure they are tight as mine was only slightly loose but it made a loud knock when turning.
  9. M

knock sound while doing 3 point turn :s

I had a similar noise to what you described and it was just the anti roll bar link rod was loose so just check they're tight.
  10. M

Service cost

It's 25,000 or every 2 years (although it's probably not really necessary) mine was last done at 25,000 but that was about 4 years ago and I only do 3,500 miles a year so it's unlikely i'll get to 50,000 while I still have the car so I figured I may as well get it done this year.
  11. M

Service cost

I'm pretty sure valve clearance should be done every 25,000 miles or every 2 years. I'm happy to get it done at mansfield now JMR as I can go into town and do some xmas shopping while I wait. :)
  12. M

Service cost

I got them to list what they were going to do and it was exactly the same as Grantham Honda and I double checked it included the valve adjustment as when they listed it they just said 'valve clearance check' so I thought they might just check it for that price and charge me extra if they...
  13. M

Service cost

My 52 plate CTR is due it's service this month it has 40800 miles on the clock and Grantham Honda (where I had service done last year) rang and quoted me £310 including valve clearance adjustment but before booking in I thought i'd ring round and see if anywhere else was cheaper, so I rang...
  14. M

Anti roll arm link rod

Changed the front pads today and noticed the anti roll arm link rod on the drivers side was broke. Found one on ebay for civic 01-07 but it doesn't say whether they are the same for all models. Does anyone know if the type r differs at all from standard civic ones or are they the same cheers :)
  15. M

stolen ariel!!!

This happened to me before I scraped a grooved in with a knife and then used a screwdriver to turn it
Back