• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Moab78

1. M

Easy one I hope - EP3 Key Programming.....

Did you manage to sort this? I have two fobs, but only one works - so I'm reluctant to try to sort it out if the first is likely to stop working. Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
  2. M

The MOT

The rear crash bar supports on my 2003 EP3 will not make it through another MoT. Does anyone know if / where you can buy replacements from? They are welded on, so will have to be drilled off. Suspect that I'll need to replace the crash bar too. 10/10/18 - Copied from my post in wanted: Cox...
  3. M

EP3 changing speakers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. M

EP3 changing speakers?

Stock front speakers have integrated plastic mounts. I used wooden rings in the front (went to 6.5"), but mounted direct in the rear. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

Audio advice

2 channel is fine, the rears are for fill - no need to amp them. That said, you can bridge a 4ch.
  6. M

EP3 pollen filter tray

Do the cylindrical moulded bits in the centre (bottom) of the tray perform any function other than deforming the pollen filter as soon as it is fitted?
  7. M

Rear Washer Jet

Apologies once more for resurrecting an old thread. I replaced the OE nozzle with a twin jet one then about 12m later it stopped working again. It seemed clear, so at this point I took Daddycool's advice and checked the one way valve in front of the rear NS seat. Coincidence or not it (prized...
  8. M

EP3 Heater/Blower Resistor

I know this is an old thread, but don't believe that what I am going to post deserves a new one. I bought one advertised as for an Acura off a well known auction site and it seems to work fine. I must state that I have no direct comparison, though, as the original had gone. It is not genuine...
  9. M

Finally got round to installing some ICE equipment

Pretty sure it is what I bought: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?84141-%2A%2APlease-Post-Your-Genuine-Honda-Parts-Enquires-here%2A%2A/page9 Post #87
  10. M

mpg question

Yes. I already said this on the MPG thread, but in the manual Honda say that the reserve is 1.7 gallons. So if light is exactly spot on, in mixed driving conditions you would expect up to fifty miles before it starts spluttering. I've done about thirty after the light came on, but didn't see any...
  11. M

mpg question

Don't gamble. Mine goes from what looks like a third of the bottom half of the gauge (a sixth, I know) to reserve light in no time at all. Sent using Tapatalk
  12. M

Spark Plug Removal Tool

Apologies for thread resurrection, but I wanted to add some comments as I found little info about this after searching. I think that the long laser spark plug socket would be easier, but if you don't want to buy that and already have a Halfords socket set, it will work. Only just insert the...
  13. M

MOTUL RBF 600 !

Too late, I know, but Ramp & Wrench on the A45 would have been worth a try. I bought oil off e-bay to refurb my mtb forks and then saw they had the same stuff in stock when I went for tyres.
  14. M

Hard brake line fittings question

Purchased a flare tool, some kunifer pipe and fittings just in case. Didn't use them. I used plenty of plus gas (first application 24 hours before) and a little frost-bite, and despite the front pipes feeling like they were going to twist and shear, they were OK.
  15. M

Speed bleeder's

I know this is an old thread, but thought that I'd reply rather than start another. I fitted Goodridge valves today, at the same time as new hoses. They were M10 * 1.25. I didn't like the thread sealant making it harder than a standard nipple to gauge when to stop turning. Resistance is...
Back