• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by R20190

1. R20190

Buckled Wheel Repair Recommendations in North London Pls?

I have an alloy wheel with a very small dent/buckle after hitting a pot hole, so it's no longer perfectly round. Just needs a little straightening. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced repairer in North London? All the ones I know only do cosmetic repairs and not structural repairs. Thanks :)
  2. R20190

Puddle lights EP3

Should be pretty straightforward. Do a search for footwell lights to see how to get power. But essentially you can take power from the cabin fusebox. Just find an empty slot that's live when the doors open, use a piggyback fuse to hardwire into it, ground to chassis and chase the wire back...
  3. R20190

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Looks awful IMO but the engine spec sounds nice! Doesn't the FN2 have torsion beam?
  4. R20190

Any Decent Custom SS Exhaust Shops in North London?

Cheers mate, I'll check them out. :)
  5. R20190

Any Decent Custom SS Exhaust Shops in North London?

Can someone recommend a decent but reasonably priced custom exhaust garage in the North London area? I'm after a stainless steel exhaust backbox. Never had one before so hope they don't need to keep the car overnight. Cheers :)
  6. R20190

My New Motor! :)

Thanks mate. I'd be looking at getting close to 400bhp, as you say about 370bhp would be plenty but I have read some people in the US have managed to get bit more though obviously a lot depends on the dyno used. Having said that, it is already pretty quick in stock form and I've read (and can...
  7. R20190

Yeah I don't like it either. I've been busy looking for a good brushed aluminium vinyl to wrap it or just wait for a good used set of genuine ones off ebay. I thought about carbon, but I'm quite fussy about carbon having had a few carbon bits before so imo all the carbon-look vinyl I've seen so...
  8. R20190

The edit function gives me a blank message box even in advance. No idea why. :confused: Anyway, here are the photos
  9. R20190

Hmm, not sure what happened with the photos. I can't seem to go back and edit the links. Can a mod help please? Ta!
  10. R20190

Some of you may remember that I wrote-off my EP3 back in January but only got the pay out a few months later. Anyway, that’s all sorted now and I’ve been busy looking for a replacement ever since. Thought I’d share with you guys what I’ve been driving around in over the past few weeks and do...
  11. R20190

TYPE R CHIP 25 BHP!!!!!

If you're after more power and torque, I have a plug and play Unichip for sale... http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?87947
  12. R20190

steamy windows !

Actually, despite what most people think and also some saying the A/C is designed for demisting, I don't think the A/C is actually best for demisting. If we think of the bathroom mirror effect, the reason it steams up is because the mirror is cold. So steam will condense on it. Same as our...
  13. R20190

Headlight bulb advice

Don't bother. It won't be bright enough or last long enough.
  14. R20190

Loose/damaged radiator bottle?

The mechanic spotted it when I had my last service, but he said it wasn't really critical and wouldn't fail an MOT so I've just left it. But now the weathers nice, I thought I'd see if I can sort it out myself. He said there's been some wear on the side of the bottle so best to replace it...
  15. R20190

Loose/damaged radiator bottle?

I have a loose radiator reservoir bottle on my EP3. It’s also rubbed against something so will need replacing. Does anyone know how to replace it? Is it a straightforward task or is it a trip to the garage? Not sure if I’ve got my terminology right but it’s the bottle circled here. I...
Back