• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Rourkey555

1. R

Snapped lower rear shock bolt Ep3

That's weird !! My car is 10mm higher on the offside rear and so is my pal from round the corner. Both cars 06 Ep3's, not that the year makes any difference. Both on Pro Kit springs. It's obviously something that we will have to live with, but it's damn annoying !!! Thanks !
  2. R

My Pal Daryl from around the corner has the Pro Kit fitted also. He did say that it took a little time for the springs to settle. Having said that, his car is exactly the same on 1 - 2 year old springs. It sits 10mm higher on the nearside rear corner. I get what you're saying, but it's only...
  3. R

Ha ! Yes, it's put me off fitting anymore springs in the near future ! I done the strut top mounts not that long ago, and fecked up the track rod ends. who's smart idea was it to attach them to the shock ? First time I've seen this setup. I replaced the track rod ends at the time, but of...
  4. R

Hey Crowds, I managed to get the shock off of the car. What a fcuking nightmare ! It's a tough job to get in with a grinder or a hacksaw. I managed to get so far through the captive nut and both sides of the shock. The mounting point took a bit of a pounding, but it will be perfectly fine...
  5. R

Alga around edge of rear light cluster, help

I stripped off the whole lot from the rear of my Fn2. It's time consuming, but you need to take the plastic trim off the inside of the tail gate to expose all of the nuts that need to come off. Just watch when your taking the indicators out. It was a while ago that I done it, but I think...
  6. R

Revitalise Your Alcantara - FIX

Yeah, a lint remover machine thing ? Bought it from eBay. I didn't feel safe using a Gillette razor. The lint remover machine thing worked a treat for me. Dont get me wrong. The Fn2 seats are amazing to sit in. Much nicer than my ep3 premier seats. I just find it frustrating that the...
  7. R

ep3 type-r Mtec discs and mintex pads? Best brake discs type?

I wouldn't go as far as to say that brake discs don't warp. Cheap discs tend to be made from a cheaper grade of material and they tend to wear faster also. It's the same old saying, you get what you pay for. My M-tec disc had a 5 thou run out. I had both front discs skimmed on both sides. Once...
  8. R

Revitalise Your Alcantara - FIX

Fair play mate ! I bought one of those fuzz remover things. Used it on my Ep3 premier seats and it's helped a lot ! I have a bottle of Woolite which I used on the centres of the seats, but I can still see stains. Going to give it a try again in the spring. Failing that, it's going to a...
  9. R

ep3 type-r Mtec discs and mintex pads? Best brake discs type?

I've used M-tec brakes twice once on my old Fn2. Drilled and grooved with Green Stuff pads. I wouldn't say that I was all that impressed with the set up, but at least the discs didn't warp! Bought dimpled discs from M-tec and fitted Pagid pads from Euro Car Parts on my old Blob Eye Sti...
  10. R

My Type Rs.. DC5 + FN2

Very nice ! Two stunning Type R's you have there Chief !
  11. R

Cosmic Grey EP3

Thanks for the reply. It's good to hear positive feedback about an item like this. I'll give them a call. Cheers
  12. R

Oh JOBBY ! I was worried that I might have to go down this road ! So, drilling it out is going to be a long shot. I'd probably end up damaging the bushing in the shock and having to replace it anyway. Looks like I better buy a good used shock from eBay. Need to crack out the grinder then...
  13. R

Went to put my Eibach Pro Kit on yesterday. Decided to start at the rear end, as I knew I wouldn't have any issues with the front, having done the top mounts recently. Jacked the car up and proceeded to undo the lower 17mm bolts on both sides. The offside seems ok, so I moved over to the near...
  14. R

Cosmic Grey EP3

Hi Pal, first off, cracking example of a Cosmic Ep3 ! I was wondering if you would recommend Fibreworx for the rear wing that you have fitted ? I know you seem happy enough in this post. I'm tempted to buy one, but I've found that the fibreglass stuff never really fits that well. They do...
  15. R

TEGIWA Cat back thoughts?

I can't really speak for this exhaust, as I don't have it.......yet. If I was to buy an exhaust, this would be the one. It's a larger diameter than the standard one, 2.5 inch, I believe. It shouldn't be restrictive in any respect. If you want a quiet-ish exhaust that appears to be well enough...
Back