• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Ruxpin

1. Ruxpin

What did you do to your Type R today?

Stelvio Quadrifoglio....as you need 500hp on the school run [emoji23] Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  2. Ruxpin

Not been using it quite as much recently but only went yesterday. There is a white 69 plate about 50m from our house, I also see a blue and red one occasionally. Still not sure I can remember seeing another Sonic Grey one on the roads Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  3. Ruxpin

Yes, I let the plate go as part of the deal. Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  4. Ruxpin

So after 2.5yrs and 17k miles of fun it was time to say bye bye to the FK8 yesterday. It was our first TypeR and first Honda. Thoughts: Good Brilliant fun to drive when 'on it' Great value for performance offered Good mpg (has averaged 32.5mpg) Depreciation (or lack of) - it retained over 70%...
  5. Ruxpin

It was dark but dry when i had the wheels off, but doesn't look right. Looks like a leaking rear damper. Anyone else had to have one replaced?
  6. Ruxpin

Didn't expect to see that on a 2.5yr old 17k mile honda... Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
  7. Ruxpin

FK8 Corroded OEM wheel nuts and alternative options?

humm interesting. I have the OEM 18" winter setup and was considering buying another set of the alloys or just changing tyres to try. TBH on the road i find it is a nicer car to drive on the 18" winters, quieter, much better ride, ultimate grip is clearly lower but the transition between grip...
  8. Ruxpin

Humm... Black ones would look nice, but £180 :eek: I think it will have to wait till after the cost of the first tyre change. I'm still to be convinced by the 20" wheels and what to do when the original tyres wear out. The difference in price of 2 sets of 18" vs 20" tyres pays for the 18" alloys...
  9. Ruxpin

So wheel nuts....how do other peoples look? Ours started to corrode within months and at just short of 2yrs old and c13k miles they look pretty tatty. Honda are refusing to accept a warranty claim...saying they have been damaged by cleaning products or stone chips [emoji1787] Anyone else's...
  10. Ruxpin

FK8 Hot weather and boost pressure observations

So this week in the UK we are experiencing 30C temps and it happens to be a week the wife has taken my car and i have her FK8. Yesterday when it was c30-32C the car would only peak at 1.4bar on the dash readout in 2/3/4 gears where as normally it would hit 1.6bar. This was confirmed this...
  11. Ruxpin

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

Found the annoying rattle from the rear everytime you closed the boot.....gravel trapped in the exhaust tips...seems an odd design to be open at the front to collect any gravel that is flicked up.
  12. Ruxpin

New tyres

Just changed back to the OEM 20" Contis after running the Honda winter tyre setup for 4.5months - Continental WinterContact TS 850P - 234/40 R18 95V XL. Gosh the ride and road noise is bad on the part worn Conti 20". Having got used to the plush ride on the 18" setup I now find myself driving...
  13. Ruxpin

FK8 Winter tyres

Until you drive them yourself in "winter conditions" - heavy rain, cold, greasy conditions, not just snow, you won't believe the difference. I found them incredible in my RWD BMW 335D - stability on m-ways in heavy rain was far better, much less risk of aquaplaning, and grip on snow was...
  14. Ruxpin

FK8 Winter tyres

The technician who fitted them to my car said the type R does not have a specific winter tyre setting for the TPMS. He said the system is calibrated for 18" to 20" wheels but he didn't sound too convinced himself. I haven't driven it far but so far no warning lights.
  15. Ruxpin

FK8 Winter tyres

Balancing weights are still on the inside. Clearance isn't as bad as the photos look but there isn't a huge amount of space. I thought about the FK2 wheel option but eBay wheels come with their risks plus 19" winters are going to be $$. The looks of the 18" are growing on me. I think the silver...
Back