• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by stu1873

1. stu1873

Facelift badgeless front grille

https://www.parts-honda.uk/honda-cars/CIVIC/2004/TYPE-R/UPHOLSTERY/FRONT-GRILLE-2-/17S5S01/B__4501/5/10349
  2. stu1873

AutoGlyn Headlight lens restoration, anyone done it?

Aye, done my EP3 headlights last year and they came up like new using the Autoglym kit. Need to polish them again as they are starting to yellow again though.
  3. stu1873

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

Since returning to work after being furloughed and not being able to car share i have had to take my EP3. For the first month i thought i would try and see what sort of MPG i could achieve by driving at around 60mph for the 38 mile trip both ways which was around 80% on dual carriageways. I did...
  4. stu1873

FN2 What's your MPG?

5. stu1873

FN2 What's your MPG?

Deleted and moved to the relevant section i hope!
  6. stu1873

MOT - EP3 - Headlights badly corroded

Have you tried to sand and buff them? I did my Facelift one's last year as the UV layer was disintegrating and looking patchy/cloudy. They came up a treat tbh. I used the Autoglym kit from Halfords with the drill attachment.
  7. stu1873

EP3 P0138 code

I replaced one of my O2 sensors with an NGK one a couple of years ago and it is still working fine.
  8. stu1873

EP3 EP3 Headlight Washers Don't Work

Only Euro EP3's (outside UK) came with factory headlight washers and HID's.
  9. stu1873

Fitting facelift foglights

indeed the USA Civic Si EP3 shape was only released in pre-facelift guise but the lamps fit facelift foglight brackets. I may not have been too clear in my post above. I was able to source used brackets but no lamps. I had to resort to ordering ones like i posted as the OEM kit is like trying...
  10. stu1873

This is more like the kit i bought for my CTR. The fog light lenses fitted to CTR fog light brackets and loom fitted as well. The loom is in two parts. If your loom is in one part then it may be easier to just snip the cables here and re-connect them inside the car. Have you looked to see...
  11. stu1873

if i remember correctly (it was around 10 years ago!) i connected to the brown plug and fuse box inside the car under the dash/centre console and then to the brown plug that is located to the right side of the battery on my RHD CTR. I have just checked and there is no loom going through the...
  12. stu1873

I did connect the brown plug under the centre console. It has a blue/brown wire going to it. It is the brown plug on the right hand side in the picture below.
  13. stu1873

I bought a kit from the USA and it fitted my RHD CTR with no problems. So i would have thought a RHD fog light loom would fit a LHD CTR as well tbh as you are just flipping the loom to come out the other side of the car. It was probably 10 years ago i fitted it but there was a plug for the...
  14. stu1873

FN2 Wind deflectors...?

OEM will be the best you can get but they will be hard to find. I have used both Heko and Climairs on my EP3. The Climairs are around double the price of the Heko one's but they are miles better for fitment. I would expect the FN2 to be about the same experience tbh.
  15. stu1873

Have I caused lasting damage?

I have used Fuch's Titan Pro S 5w-40 many times in the first 3-4 years of owning my EP3. Never had an issue. Never had an issue using cheaper oil like Shell Helix 5w-40 in the last 7-8 years either tbh. As Chris above said, save your money and not waste it on over expensive oil. Pretty much...
Back