• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by SuperFLY

1. SuperFLY

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Why is it that a volume knob and new steering wheel buttons are getting me so excited??
  2. SuperFLY

FK8 Squeak in drivers door when listening to music

eugh. no chance. Nah I don't think the speaker's knackered. Was my 1st thought actually but as I said, if I brace the door with my hand it stops so it is just a rattle. Funnily enough I've already gone back about the front speaker rattle and they sorted that one. Told me they put a little foam...
  3. SuperFLY

FK8 Squeak in drivers door when listening to music

The drivers door has developed a rattle/squeak when listening to music at a 'normal' level which is very annoying. anything over 9+ on the volume will start it off, sometimes lower depending on the song. It's been doing it for a while now but certain songs do it more than others and it's now...
  4. SuperFLY

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

35 miles away.. ouch. i did lik bracknell being close enough they offered a pick up and drop off service. willl keep them in mind though, cheers :)
  5. SuperFLY

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

I know there are a few locals on here and they've had questionable experiences with one or two in the area so I was wondering what ones do people recommend instead? Just had my 1st service at bracknell and although they were polite enough to me I have some concerns. Just reviewed my...
  6. SuperFLY

FK8 To run in or not?.

From what I know, no there isn't. The engines are bedded in at factory before you get anywhere near it. Only thing that could need to 'bed in' are the brakes really. Just be sensible though, don't bounce it off the limiter every time you get behind the wheel, let the oil get up to temp before...
  7. SuperFLY

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

had that more than once on the motorway. cruise control on, clear road ahead, no one indicating into my lane yet suddenly the brakes come on hard. first couple of times i presumed it got confused with the lane divider or something but it's happened enough to make me wonder wtf is going on.
  8. SuperFLY

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

yeh it's a usb cable but it plugs into a dual socket adapter. wired down under the trim behind the glovebox etc.. as you mentioned. The amazon link I said in my post it wasn't the one I bought, it was just showing the same model. The gps unit is the mount so technically you could get the...
  9. SuperFLY

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?102727-What-did-you-do-to-your-Type-R-today&p=1362569&viewfull=1#post1362569 This is what I did. the cabling fits nicely behind the trim without any hassle. I haven't hardwired it yet, it's just plugged into my 2nd socket at the back. It's out...
  10. SuperFLY

What did you do to your Type R today?

:O Done 5.5k and mines still saying 3-4k before a service is required
  11. SuperFLY

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Hairline fractures in drilled discs has always been a problem (reportedly) I'm surprised honda went with them. Grooved make so much more sense and would probably greatly reduce the squealing issue as well by giving a channel for the brake dust to fling out from.
  12. SuperFLY

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

pretty much the above yeh :)
  13. SuperFLY

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

Been mentioned already but for me.. 1. Personalised damper/steering/throttle settings. - this annoys me as it would be as simple as a software upgrade to implement. 2. twin side or single exhaust (I've never been a fan of centre exhausts) 3. 3 door version. Only picking 3 wasn't easy, I'd...
  14. SuperFLY

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

nice review/comparison :)
Back