• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by tenz78

1. tenz78

FN2 2007 type r fn2 intermittent starting issue.

Could be this? 20171128_081413 by matt palin, on Flickr
  2. tenz78

Type r ep3 strange noise video link included

Excellent. Pleased you found it. I first came across this issue around 15 years ago, when these cars were still under warranty. It took a while to figure out what the noise was but got there in the end.
  3. tenz78

Type r ep3 strange noise video link included

It sounds like it's the headlight adjuster motor causing the noise. Try disconnecting the adjuster. I think it's a 3 pin plug on the back of the headlight?
  4. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

It's been a while since I last updated my thread. As I have some time off, now's the ideal time. November 2018: Paintwork TLC. thumbnail_20190330_125142 by matt palin, on Flickr 20181117090558_IMG_1185 by matt palin, on Flickr 20181117133229_IMG_1187 by matt palin, on Flickr...
  5. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

With winter just around the corner, I thought I'd best give the civic some TLC. Work carried out: -Engine oil and filter, using Shell Helix 5w-40 -Gearbox oil change, using Honda MTF -Coolant change -Rear brake service -Painted, rear suspension arms and rear brake discs -Touched up the...
  6. tenz78

EP3 Minted stock EP3

The exterior looks clean enough, a bit corrosion developing on the OSR wheel arch. But it's the underside of these cars that don't weather too well and can potentially cause issues. If the condition of the underside reflects the condition of the exterior, then it might be worth somewhere near...
  7. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

tenz78_BmXxt-cHfWO by matt palin, on Flickr
  8. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

20180810195800_IMG_0016 by matt palin, on Flickr
  9. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

Thank you. The goes for yours, enjoy reading your thread and seeing all the work you're putting in. No plans as yet. I might consider it in the future?
  10. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

Thank you. I am, now I've managed to work my way through most of the niggles. Just a couple of more bits to sort then on to the paintwork. The bonnet and front bumper need painting due to some blemishes.
  11. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

Thank you very much. I've spent a small fortune in such a short space of time. Fortunately, I can do the work myself. Which has helped keep some of the costs down, but not by much.
  12. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

After a break from working on the car, I finally pulled my finger out and few more jobs ticked off the to-do list. Replaced: Front & rear anti-roll bar D bushes. Drivers door actuator, remote locking now works. Clutch fluid. Fitted a spoon sports B pipe. Fitted some K-systems.pro subframe rigid...
  13. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

This Saturday, I was able to spend a bit more time on the civic. This time sorting out a couple of interior bits. I wasn't happy with the driver's seat when I first collected the car. The seat back would move when getting out, and there was a bit too much wear on the bolster for my liking. So I...
  14. tenz78

Trusted garages? East midlands

https://areamotorsport.co.uk/ Not far from you. 30plus miles away from Nottingham.
  15. tenz78

Matt's JDM EP3

I managed to get few more jobs done to the civic last Saturday. Checked and adjusted valve clearances - New spark plugs - Replaced the ELD unit in the under bonnet fuse box. 20180224_081521 by matt palin, on Flickr 20180224_133029 by matt palin, on Flickr 20180224_084307 by matt palin, on...
Back