• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by tom83

1. tom83

Type r ep3 induction kits dyno valve clearances

Have you had had your modifications mapped properly, or just fitted them and carried on?
  2. tom83

LSD ep3 question

I had a Wavetrac LSD fitted to my FI EP3, was excellent to be fair.
  3. tom83

Vibra Technics engine mounts EP3

I had the Vibra-Technics Competition Engine mounts, and they were spot on. Very little vibration through the steering wheel and stopped the engine rocking. Highly recommended by myself.
  4. tom83

FN2 Newbie tuning advice please

I have the shell, motor and gearbox. Plans were to put them in a EG or EK. The dilemma is yours, personally what I really loved about my EP3 was it was a complete sleeper, it was only looking at it from the front you would have known it was different from a standard EP3. The fun I had...
  5. tom83

Problem viewing recent pages of threads

Same problem here. :smt041
  6. tom83

It's not the BHP that will kill a motor, it's the torque. Mine was torque limited to just over 300ftlb. Ben at TDi North was running over 500bhp in his k-swapped EG. There are a couple of reasons I recommend turbo over SC, but the main reason is power delivery. A supercharger delivers power via...
  7. tom83

I was running 460bhp+ and 310ftlb torque on completely stock internals, never had an issue. I also had a wavetrac LSD and Stage 4 Competition Clutch. The car took a battering at Santa Pod regularly, as well as being my daily for a while also. Like I said, I never had any issues with the motor...
  8. tom83

I had both the rotrex intercooler supercharger, and a TDi North turbo kit. If you are worried about being bored in a N/A FN2, you will get bored with a SC eventually. In my honest opinion go turbo, it's just better.
  9. tom83

Boot Lid Digging Into Paintwork

It's not been in a shunt and been poorly repaired has it?
  10. tom83

My EP3, TDi Turbo Kit. 420bhp + 300ftlb @ 12Psi. 12.6s @119mph, Street Tyres

TDI North will build you a kit to your specifications. They are excellent with K20s.
  11. tom83

Want to upgrade power reliably?

To be honest, the rotrex was fine. You have to keep on top of the fluid levels, but besides that it was pretty much spot on. The reason I got rid was I got bored of it after about a month. It acts like a normal motor, only a bit quicker. Its down to this, if you want 300bhp and you don't care...
  12. tom83

Want to upgrade power reliably?

Read through my build thread. I had both on my EP3.
  13. tom83

EP3 Ep3 civic turbo

No, my motor was never split open. Only a new timing chain and tensioner were replaced Mine covered a good 15k miles as a daily, and was thrashed at Santa Pod regularly. Ben Smith at TDI North had his turbo EG, running 500bhp for years. Also the lad who bought my turbo kit is still running it...
  14. tom83

EP3 Ep3 civic turbo

Not necessarily Chris. I happily ran 470 on stock internals.
  15. tom83

EP3 Ep3 civic turbo

Have a read through my build thread. Loads of info on my turbo EP3.
Back