• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by TuneR

1. TuneR

Recommendatio for discs + pads + brake lines for EP3

How did your brakes fail; mechanical, pads or fluid? Imo Stock but route air ducts as its usually heat that boils fluid and wears pads out. Used PBS Prorace in my EP3 but didn't get to try them on track, used Project Mu HC+ on track before and loved em bar the price. If you want cheap, use...
  2. TuneR

EP3 My First Type R - EP3

I did a few more things afterwards like swapping a cracked brake resevoir extension pipe and putting Bridgestone S001s on it for our MOT equivalent. Then a de-tar, clay, touch up, polish and wax. After that it was to say goodbye as i needed to sell a car and this one was the unfortunate one. So...
  3. TuneR

An update to this. Firstly i finished replacing all the blown bulbs in the interior. 20200514_153022 by Gerard KK, on Flickr Finished product looks quiet well imo, things that i didn't realise light up now work lol. 20200727_230241 by Gerard KK, on Flickr Interior all cleaned up...
  4. TuneR

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Nice job, the engine bay looks nearly new.
  5. TuneR

EP3 - what handling upgrades to get done at the same time

I'd agree with Chris that the LSD would be the first mod but if you have issues that your shocks have failed (knocking & MOT fail) then no point having a car thats not roadworthy. I enjoyed the stock setup on mine, so i'd assume Koni do a shock upgrade with something like Spoon springs i.e...
  6. TuneR

Wiper arms on my EP3

Did mine as well and one was "welded" on with rust, took ages to get it off using a vice-grips and shocking it with a hammer. So a tip: soak it in a penetrating oil the day before and a bit of copper grease (marine if you have it) on the threads on reassembly.
  7. TuneR

EP3 Mystery Bolt and OEM Sealant on Timing Chain Q?

Cheers for info lads
  8. TuneR

EP3 Mystery Bolt and OEM Sealant on Timing Chain Q?

So i was doing a valve adjustment and i thought the bolt, highlighted purple below, looked not fully in. My search of the internet shows hard to see pics (like the bolt in real life!) but it seems ok i think, can anyone confirm? Next up is the red circle, there looks like black sealant as...
  9. TuneR

Going forward: Paint the valve cover but waiting on spark plug seals as i tore one stripping it. I got some RPB front pads and a rebuild kit for them, i have one spare good piston so hopefully that will be all. They'll go with the Ferodo DS2500 rears i have. Also have to get the second rear...
  10. TuneR

So working away on it, its currently off the road. Not that i'd need it atm anyway with everything thats going on and working from home. So work done currently: TB and IACV cleaned 20191120_110725 by Gerard KK, on Flickr Headlights polished, also made a massive mess :rolleyes...
  11. TuneR

Does this normally light up? EP3

Bought a replacement on ebay and same issue so i put in an order for some T3 (as well as some T4 for centre console)on ali-express and will give it a go at soldering one in. Will update this thread with a mini DIY when i do as disassembly of the switch is tricky.
  12. TuneR

Does this normally light up? EP3

Thread revisit as i've been replacing bulbs on my EP3. This one is out so i took it out then disassembled the switch and it seems to be soldered in. Has anyone tried replacing it and know what bulb it is? FWIW getting it out i took out the compartment below which was just two screws iirc and...
  13. TuneR

I already did my welcome but this is my EP3. How i got it is a bit of a long story but the short of it is my brother couldn't insure it so i took it. Its a facelift NH black in ok condition. This is how it looked when i got it, found this pic on FB after finding out you can search regs on it...
Back