• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Vitka

1. Vitka

Vitka's left hand drive NHB EP3

Mine burned 1l in 500 kilometers before the engine refurb. Oil consumption depends largely on the way the car is used, of course. And as I found, K20s don't like ester and poliol based oils.
  2. Vitka

I thought I'd share a few photos of the car and myself, that were taken on the 2nd of september on the track called Kakucsring. TV_06430 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr TV_06418 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr TV_05970 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr TV_05940 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr KG_08940 by Gergő...
  3. Vitka

EP3 - what handling upgrades to get done at the same time

If you are just starting trackdays, then perhaps you don't really need to upgrade your suspension this much at first. I track mine still on stock springs and dampers, EP3s have really good suspension out of the factory. Yes, it could be, and will be better, but if you are just trying out track...
  4. Vitka

Yeah, after doing some reading, I found out, that the oil should not be too cool either, because sulfur and other contaminants will not burn away, and water will have an easier time staying in the engine as well, so an oil temp of 100 C is recommended as minimum. Otherwise, the oil will build up...
  5. Vitka

Best pic from the trackday. We had a brief shower, and I thought I'd slide around a bit in the wet, it is great fun! 285457902_10159816438633905_2454055833210059466_n by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr
  6. Vitka

An issue I found after putting the engine back together was an oil leak. The guy who did the cylinder head put the VTEC valve gasket back in the wrong way, or maybe the gasket failed, so I put in a new one and the leak was gone. I had to do this before the first track day of the year...
  7. Vitka

The 1000 km running in period had been done a few days ago, this is how the oil looked like at the end. Hardly a drop was missing, so I think we did a good job. 2022-05-16_09-57-58 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr I still need to do the valve clearances, set them up to be the tightest according to...
  8. Vitka

This is how the exhaust valves looked after disassembling the head. This is why you don't mix up the valve stem seals Some random pictures of the cylinder head being worked on 278449320_256445906627696_8984559577066833485_n by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr...
  9. Vitka

Thank you for the kind words guys! Yes, I have a tendency to talk/write a lot, but in this case it might even be a good thing, I like to document the journey of the car in detail. And, as you all know, this isn't my first language, I think it's quite obvious for english people due to the set of...
  10. Vitka

Friendly reminder: make sure you put on the crankshaft position indicator with the OUT-SIDE label being on the outside and save yourself 4 hours of extra work. 1650396306456 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr It wasn't a fueling issue. Derp. Fault code said there was something wrong with the...
  11. Vitka

She's finished! We worked on her all day today, and we really did progress fast with 2 guys. After the serious bits, so the connecting rods, ring alignment, torquing the head and cams down, as well as the timing, it was only a question of how fast can we bolt her back together. When we were...
  12. Vitka

Thank you! I pumped 12 hours into it today, and fortunately made some major progress. Every internal component has been cleaned, pistons and rods went in, then we did a static run with continous oiling and cleaning of the cylinders to get rid of metal shavings. Head went on, then the rocker...
  13. Vitka

Status update! Unfortunately progress slowed down a bit, due to the fact, that I had to wait on the cylinder head to be done, and also, my mate who's helping me got sick. We were done with the disassembly anyway, but we ought to continue now, because I am occupying my friends' garage. The...
  14. Vitka

Oh, hello bottom end! 1649322656526 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr Conrod bearing sequence was a bit difficult to read 1649322656515 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr Where the sun doesn't shine usually 1649322656504 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr Pistons are in suprisingly good condition. We thought we...
  15. Vitka

It's been quite a while, since the last update, but I'm happy to say, that the engine refurb I've been yapping about for 3 years almost is finally underway. This was a bitch to get out, as with every Honda. 1649149572479 by Gergő Vitányi, on Flickr I dropped the cylinder head off on sunday at...
Back