• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by VTECMattC

1. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

So my story is quite wordy, so those that don’t want to read everything overall I thought the FL5 was a big enough step up from the FK8 despite the extra money. bit about me, I’m late 40’s owned many Type Rs over the years and driven all performance Hondas except NSX Type R and new NSX. I feel...
  2. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Happy to share my experiences, overall brilliant car. Managed 6k miles, took it around Europe, Nurburgring, trackday, b roads you name it in the short period I owned it. I’ll write up my thoughts when I get a spare 30 minutes, but in summary best Honda car I have owned and arguably best Honda...
  3. V

FK8 Front number plate black plastic mount removal ?

its difficult to tell as I’m seeing from memory.
  4. V

FK8 Front number plate black plastic mount removal ?

You will need to remove the bumper to get rid of the plate holder, the holes are inline with the fixings, I suspect with a smaller plate the edges might be on show.
  5. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Had some issues with my order, will post more once I get mine delivered.
  6. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

You did well to get a February order, must have put a deposit down very early. I wanted I4 and quite late to put deposit down so looking at Q3 2024!!
  7. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

I’d be wary or bank on values of FK8 or FL5 will hold, we are very early into the worst financial period in my lifetime (47 yo btw). Genuinely believe the car market is going to take a bath next year. Don’t know if anyone has tried to get a new mortgage rate yet but mine will increase more than...
  8. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Blue for me, was white but never had a blue car so why not!
  9. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

At 50k yes at 40-45k not.
  10. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Its hinted on the Top Gear web page about this Sundays program.
  11. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Yup so looking at 44995, think I’ll still get one, fingers crossed I do!
  12. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

So apparently FL5 on Top Gear on Sunday, Spec sheet below. Here’s hoping we here the price on Top Gear.
  13. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

I agree but what else is out there?
  14. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

Wow, all manufacturers are having challenges, you wonder whether these shortfalls have caused them to go to companies who aren’t tried and tested and as such finding issues causing delays. remarkable it is nearly mid November and nothing on the Honda front. Worrying if you want a new decent...
  15. V

FL5 New Civic Type R

My Emira is now due February 2024, so I think I’m pleased I didn’t pull my deposit on the basis the Civic will arrive. My dealer said he had more than 15, I’m thinking of taking my car if I get one (number 1 slot) keeping until Emira arrives and sell on if so few are coming in doubt I’ll lose...
Back