• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Recent content by Wattpilot

1. Wattpilot

FL5 New Civic Type R

First FL5 popped up in NZ (Honda RRP in NZD$75k (GBP39k)) https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/cars/honda/civic/listing/3956211968 Can't recall the numbers coming here but somewhere I recall 150x for 2023 ?? Sadly I am currently selling my FK2 (GBP23k) as has become surplus - can't keep 3x cars...
  2. Wattpilot

FK2 What to look out for when buying

Here in New Zealand - I am just hitting 52000km, stock set-up nothing but general oil/ filter/... service. rear brake pads are due in July - otherwise I think the only replacements have ben wipers and tyres !!! NEVER had any gearbox issue, overheating/....... Never tracked. Very reliable tbh...
  3. Wattpilot

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2016 FK2 (CW); R-0663 in New Zealand. One of the 750 from Japan. Bought at 32km in Oct 2017 and now 52,000km troublefree motoring :cool:
  4. Wattpilot

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

Hi again - a slightly better shot of the engine bay. Cheers for the comments, she's a right beastie okay. Looking at the problems you have I would suggest the Haltech would be the way to go. Sad you have to sell for a house deposit but that is the way it goes sometimes. My car started as a...
  5. Wattpilot

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

Hi guys - sorry had to chip in with my 1994 Nissan Silvia S14 "Zenki" with genuine Rocket Bunny Boss V2 kit. From a SR20DET to a 550hp+ (on BP 98 at 17psi) RB25DET (Series 2) with Holset HRC35/2 Turbo, Haltech Elite 750 ECU, 320LPH fuel pump, Sinco T3 twin scroll manifold, Bosch1000cc...
  6. Wattpilot

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

Thanks for that. Yes I paid NZD$55,000 (£28,200 in todays exchange rate) in 2017 for my 2016 model. I've done 50,000km as a daily-driver with no issues. For the record, the one above at $65,000 has done 20,000km. Happy to hear any other experiences out there.
  7. Wattpilot

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

Hi; I have one of the few FK2's in New Zealand and am reading plenty about the price of FK8's in the UK and the values (whether that holds remains to be seen). I am interested in what the market is doing in the UK for FK2's. Is there a resurgence in interest/ values there given the more limited...
  8. Wattpilot

FK2 Buying an FK2 - What should I look for?

Hey Beaglebass Sorry I should right a wrong - economy wasn't THAT good at 6.1 ... was 6.9L/100km (Still great though) Mine is Championship White. The dealer had 4 white ones and one black. I was actually interested in the black one which went between my first look and when I went back to buy...
  9. Wattpilot

FK2 Buying an FK2 - What should I look for?

Hi NZ from NZ I have an FK2 (one of the 750 Japan models which arrived here brand new (one of 5 x MY16 models in a batch with zero mileage)). I purchased it at only 60km on the clock in October 2017. At that stage there were no FK8s in NZ either. My car is now at 23000km and has had 2 x...
  10. Wattpilot

FK2 Driving Position and Getting in and out

I'm 6ft5in and like Dweezle, seat right down, right back, steering wheel right up and I CAN see all of the gauges without obstruction. Never struggled to get in and out of the drivers seat - haven't really thought about it !! However..... if you are a passenger in the LH seat and try and get...
  11. Wattpilot

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Highly likely (!!!!). Haven't had to do anything yet but if they are to be imported from the UK and under exchange rate of 2:1 ....... yes !
  12. Wattpilot

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I've got my FK2 in Tauranga, New Zealand. I have NEVER seen another one in New Zealand on the roads yet (there are maybe 5-7 total so a big ask !! Only ONE FK8 in Tauranga (pensioner owned !) and I have never seen one in Auckland yet on the roads in the time I've owned my FK2 since October...
  13. Wattpilot

FK2 Owners Manual in ENGLISH !!!

Yay - Hi Tim and welcome! I've had mine since October (60km on clock and now at 10590km absolutely trouble-free motoring!!). They are super-rare here and certainly turn heads!! Go to Cox Motor Parts via this forum site. Andy Haley was really helpful. At the time I ordered: Wallet -...
  14. Wattpilot

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Absolutely - median income in NZ is NZ$48000 (25000 pounds) - so tyres would be a fair whack. But we have a great landscape to go driving in.
  15. Wattpilot

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

Hi - might as well be .......NZ$2600 a set ............ no thank you :-)
Back