• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FL5 New Civic Type R

Whilst I’m waiting I bought a Porsche GT4, was looking at Alpine and Emira but neither in the end ticked the boxes I wanted. Mega excited.

To be honest I’m a bit underwhelmed , will wait to see some pictures of it on the road. First look though Vectra VXR, not great. Interior I'm sure will look better in person but not overly impressed for a 40k car.

I put money down very early on, but may pull out tbh. I’ll wait until we get firm information on the specific spec. Maybe it will grow on me but usually decisive with stuff like this, didn’t want FK2 as was underwhelmed compared to prototype, FK8 bought as soon as I could, the sacrificial lamb was my Focus RS.

With a wider track at the rear you’d expect it to be quicker on track, 325bhp isn’t noticeably different and I suspect only minor tweaks to the mapping, one would hope a more aggressive diff, one of my early criticisms has been addressed. It looks like all other ares are mildly improved, delighted you have an individual mode.

Maybe its me, but as it stands I’m thinking get another FK8 In Boost blue once the prices have dropped somewhat.

From a reasonably reliable source, it's going to be more than £40k and will be priced closer to £50k than £40k.

My dealer has 4 x £1k deposits and expects to get 6 cars in total.

Chris.

From a reasonably reliable source, it's going to be more than £40k and will be priced closer to £50k than £40k.

My dealer has 4 x £1k deposits and expects to get 6 cars in total.

Chris.
I only put a deposit on one yesterday, but if thats the case I will be keeping the FK8 & getting my deposit back.

From the conversation I had, I don't think it will be that much, but expect it to be over £45k.

How much is a spec'ed up Golf R nowadays?

Chris.

A regular Golf is more expensive than a Civic. To me it’s crazy money for a Civic no matter how good it’ll be.

Remember the days where hot hatches were affordable if I remember the EP3 was £14k brand new, now looking at the FL5 potentially being nearly £50k.... Madness.

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Back