Search results

1. Azazl187

Knocking K20 Engine

Sorry bud we didn't. The car went to the scrapheap in the sky in the end
  2. Azazl187

Cars for Sale section only for Members

But they need to see it first to reply or PM someone selling the car in the first place. I completely understand what you are saying and respect that, I just wanted to ask if there is another way the advert can be seen so that they have a reason to create a login to then make further enquiries
  3. Azazl187

Seems like a sensible suggestion....
  4. Azazl187

Is there no way of allowing guests to view posts but not post there? If they then join to post on something they have seen or a new post ensure that the 50 post rule is still in place for that section. Most members will already have a car so seeing one for sale is more of a interest rather then...
  5. Azazl187

Hey all. Any specific reason why the cars for sale section can't be viewed by Guests and only members? Seems to narrow things down a little. Thanks
  6. Azazl187

Exhaust Fitment EP3/DC5

I like it, it looks kinda neat
  7. Azazl187

Does this normally light up? EP3

Yep! Mine lights up too! :D
  8. Azazl187

Does this normally light up? EP3

Jesus! Now im going to have to go and check mine! Ill be back in a few minutes......
  9. Azazl187

HID kit recomendations for an EP3

Novsight here. Around 30 quid from Amazon. I'm prefacelift so high and low beam. They can be a bit pricy but should last ages! Get ones with heatsinks built in rather than fans as the fans can fail and then the fitting overheat. Another thing to consider is the fact LEDs can give off a...
  10. Azazl187

05 civic ep3 type r cold start noise

I find that this is a better position for me to start the car from. If I have the front higher it rattles more
  11. Azazl187

Pahahaha "vajazzle"?! Cheeky bugger. Just because you get to enjoy a supercharger and vtec at the same time doesn't mean you can make fun of us mere mortal folk. Oh btw you can get as low as 5000k on leds. Mine are 6000k :P
  12. Azazl187

I had hid for years (ebay set). they were fine but i was forever buying new bulbs. I now have LEDs and wouldnt change them back
  13. Azazl187

Not a bad shout. If i park on my drive where the front is higher than the back i get the same rattle on start up until the oil gets upto pressure.
  14. Azazl187

Jesus that alot of money! May car is only worth 2x that price haha
  15. Azazl187

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Sorry dude, only just saw this message. Ill take a picture of mine later when its dark. I just went out and its far too bright to see anything barely light up haha. It does look like its a common "bug" that is part for the design on the EP3 looking at stu1873s picture. Ive always wondered if...
  16. Azazl187

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Take it back out and check the bulb dude. That's not right. Nice work on the car. I actually love this thread :D
  17. Azazl187

How much did all that cost mate?
  18. Azazl187

Loxy's Type R #6

You just cant stay away from the VTEC can you?! ;)
  19. Azazl187

Jimbothemagnificent's Zenki

Well done Jim, its good to see you working on something else. Are you going to do something about the up sweep of the rear bumper? It always seemed a little odd to me on the S14s... Like the front is from a different car than the back :). Dont get me wrong, it looks great, you have done...
  20. Azazl187

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Oh dear, what if all that stuff scratches up the plastic interior?! :eek:
  21. Azazl187

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

I'm liking the key cover!
  22. Azazl187

DG's Cosmic EP3

Looks awesome bud. I also replaced the headlights on mine and it makes a world of difference!
  23. Azazl187

Spark plugs - To grease or not to grease?

Correct. If they seize they were done up too tight. Otherwise there is no reason for them to seize
  24. Azazl187

EP3 EP3 Engine Mounts

Im thinking of getting rid of the poly bush from the front one in mine. Vibrations do my head in and i cant see how it makes that much difference...
  25. Azazl187

Burning oil

The internet seems to suggest that there is an oil seal ring in the impeller shaft that is leaking oil to the discharge pipe and oil is entering the cylinder head chamber. You might have to start checking in the throttle body and inlet manifold for oil. The people that fitted the super charger...
  26. Azazl187

Burning oil

Have you done this ^^. Are you able to provide more info? Was it professionally fitted?
  27. Azazl187

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

How does the song go? "money money money" ;). Fair play to you buddy!!
  28. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Yea that too. Cheers mate. I prefer the headlights on the preface lift.... sorry :P
  29. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Just to close this one off. At the weekend the leaks were resolved and the car now sounds 10x better than before with no farting!! Less vibrations in the cabin too. Thanks for the pit usage Norv, it made the job much easier :)
  30. Azazl187

What did you do to your Type R today?

I will be refitting my leaking M2 exhaust and attempting to get rid of bush creak on the rear control arms. Wish me luck.......
  31. Azazl187

EP3 ran on very low oil

Thats good news. Thanks for coming back and closing off the thread.
  32. Azazl187

Installing A/C into a none A/C EP3 model HELP!

winter is coming......
  33. Azazl187

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Simply awesome and i would not have done it any different myself. The car looks awesome in black and i personally wouldnt go for any other colour. Enjoy it please as there is a very jealous EP3 owner typing here haha.
  34. Azazl187

EP3 ran on very low oil

I was only messing fella. Good luck. If it sounds alright and your oil change doesnt spit out nuts and bolts you should be fine, as the guys have said, the K20 is a tough old engine.
  35. Azazl187

Hahaha i think a Ferrari needs to be parked in your front room or the garage needs to be heated.... I think the step up to an M3/M4 is a sensible move though ;)
  36. Azazl187

EP3 ran on very low oil

I have a question..... was it really your "friend" or was it you ;) ?
  37. Azazl187

Restoring headlights?

You are completely correct. Try using this stuff https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A3S1RGU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have been putting a coat on my new headlights each time i give the car a wax.
  38. Azazl187

Well i cannot say i blame you, that M2 is a beast and will knock the socks off any type r. I am interested to know why you went for the M2 over the M3 through..... the rear end of the M2 is just well..... not right in my opinion. The M3 has a better interior and over all aggressive look if...
  39. Azazl187

K100 and Remap for an EP3?

Do TGM Sport do remaps? They have race cars there....
  40. Azazl187

Restoring headlights?

Fair comment. I just found that restored ones never really give the finish I wanted and can quickly turn again even with protection. SK-R may have better materials to use
  41. Azazl187

Restoring headlights?

I just ended up buying new ones mate. https://www.driveden.com/car-parts-c2/car-lighting-c14/headlights-c133/replacement-honda-civic-mk-7-hatchback-2001-2003-left-hand-n-s-headlight-smoked-chrome-inner-p7394 These were a prefect fit. Arrived well packaged and nice and clean. Makes a huge...
  42. Azazl187

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Flipping hell!!! You are going full on retard with this build!!! (thats a good thing by the way) :D. Nice work!
  43. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Nice one, cheers buddy :)
  44. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

The exhaust is fine I'm sure ;). I'm away on Saturday day time but might be back in the evening. If not we could meet up on Sunday? As you say, I'm sure things just need a refit and smear with gasket gunk :P
  45. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Cheers guys. The plan on Sunday (weather permitting) will be to take the whole exhaust off including the cat and inspect for cracks. The exhaust should be fine but the cat is the original and currently on 136K miles so it's getting on. If all is well I will replace all gaskets and use some...
  46. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Id say about 5 months old.... I think the bolts are pretty tight... i used a 400nm gun on them and then did a little extra with my hand wrench... Post 1000!!! Just saying...
  47. Azazl187

Blowing/Farting Exhaust

Hey all, My M2 exhaust makes a blowing/farting sound when the car first starts up and it seems to get better but i can almost hear the sound bouncing off walls and stuff as i drive past with the window open. Ive tested for leaks by shoving a towel in the end and running the car. Im getting...
  48. Azazl187

Sounds like a loose chain tensioner to me and the chain is slapping about until the oil pressure has built up. Does it happen if you run the car for a bit and then restart it?
  49. Azazl187

Spark plugs - To grease or not to grease?

Just torque them down the right NM load. No need for copper grease at all.
  50. Azazl187

DG's Cosmic EP3

That is a crazy amount of money. Standard clutch and fitting should be 500 absolute tops. Get more quotes. How far away are you from TGM?
  51. Azazl187

Ep3 fault codes appearing

This is a very good point. Was the timing chain you had fitted genuine or a fleebay special made out of chineseium?
  52. Azazl187

finding a decent EP3

Why not go for a prefacelift?
  53. Azazl187

Ep3 fault codes appearing

The cam shaft position sensor must be still playing up. Did you connect it up correctly when you replaced it? Faulty wiring?
  54. Azazl187

DG's Cosmic EP3

Welcome to the club buddy! Treat her well with regular oil changes and she will run forever. Obviously NHB is the best colour right? ;)
  55. Azazl187

Getting a little more ground clearence

This ^^ After going back to 45s from 40s my car never scrapes.... Thats if you have 40s on now of course. If you have and you have standard suspension then you are kind stuck with the wrong car for London... Buy and SUV like everyone else ;)
  56. Azazl187

Silenced m2

We need to sort out a road trip at some point. I wonder where the next meet is in the south......
  57. Azazl187

Silenced m2

Hey bud. I have the silenced M2 b pipe and Spoon style back box as Norv has mentioned and its ok for me. When the car starts up in the morning it can be a little loud but after the car has warmed up the sound is deep and nice without rasp. Its not riicer at all either in my opinion. If you...
  58. Azazl187

EP3 Facelift alarm problem

Good stuff. Time to replace the bonnet sensor then...... ;)
  59. Azazl187

Strange noise under throttle

Check that the drive shaft cover isnt slightly loose. I was getting a similar noise and it was that. I just tightened up the bolt and it was fine..... Assuming that the FN2 has one of these which im pretty sure it does.
  60. Azazl187

Brake pedal goes to floor overnight... any ideas?

Good advice. If the pressure suddenly drops without warning while driving then you will only be left with a handbrake.... That could take a while to think about and then stop and by then someone will be dead or your car written off.
  61. Azazl187

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

Quite agree. Nothing like getting your dick out in the sun hey guys.
  62. Azazl187

Haha i know bud ;)
  63. Azazl187

Brake pedal goes to floor overnight... any ideas?

Sounds like a seal has gone somewhere to me and the brake pressure isnt being kept up.... Im not that versed in the brake system beyond the calipers though unfortunately so i cannot offer more. It also sounds like to me that the system has air in it. I would start with bleeding the calipers...
  64. Azazl187

Easy for you to say Jason! Your car cost more than twice as much as the EP3 did new and is worth around 10x as much second hand. Im not sure it would be twice the car on the track, let alone 10x the car........
  65. Azazl187

Oi!!! Thats just not true! Most chavs cant afford to fuel or insure them haha.
  66. Azazl187

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

I thought I was bad with mine lol. Great work buddy
  67. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Oh thats a shame about the inserts. Never mind, the oem ones are still good enough to hold that engine in place.
  68. Azazl187

Ep3 swapping rear lights to pre facelift

Pre facelift lights look so much better than the facelift ones in my opinion. Plus i think they add 10bhp..... :lol:
  69. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

I have the inserts collecting dust in the shed so I'll prob just relent and do it on the weekend lol. I just need to make sure the engine is held in place and I should be all good lol. I need to get a better socket set mind.... I broke both my 19mm ones this weekend on the breaker bar getting...
  70. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Yea ive dont the front one but im a bit scared of doing the back one on my drive way lol. I dont like dropping out the subframe.....
  71. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Good choice buddy :)
  72. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

You have to admit that having inserts that make things firmer can cause more vibration right?
  73. Azazl187

Square number plates

Nice one thanks. I like that look I must admit. Interesting numberplate btw.... :)
  74. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Lol I wondered when you would pipe up. Yes we all know you don't care about rattles cus well.... You have random holes drilled in your interior ;). In regards to the insert. You should replace it and use the inserts, you will still get excessive movement with just the incerts in a split...
  75. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Dude dont do it..... replace the mount with a new one and put the inserts in that. The inserts will not do a proper job if you put them in a split mount i promise you. I assume its the front one that has gone which is pretty common. Mine went not long ago and after having a good look around...
  76. Azazl187

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Please be aware that those inserts will make the cabin rattles even worse. Be prepared to start inserting foam to places where it rattles like the steering wheel airbag attachment. Some people are fine with cabin rattles.... i personally hate them!
  77. Azazl187

Square number plates

Has anyone gone for a square one at the back and rectangle at the front? I like the Square look at the back but not the front lol
  78. Azazl187

EP3 Valve Clearance

they need to be checked every 25K mate
  79. Azazl187

Snapped bonnet release handle

OK cool, ill take a look at the weekend.
  80. Azazl187

Awesome, thanks buddy. Is the plastic trim a pain to get off?..... Ill get the Dremel out on this one i think....
  81. Azazl187

Ok nice one dude. It looks like this adaptor goes over the plastic sleeve that is left over from the snapping lever.... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Civic-Bonnet-Hood-Release-Latch-Lever-Pull-Cable-Handle-Repair-Replacement/152861932906?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
  82. Azazl187

Thanks Tom, the pliers will have to do for now. It looks like id have to replace the whole cable and everything if i want to use an OEM one at the cost of 30 odd quid. Ive just bought an adaptor on fleebay for 14 quid.... issue resolved.
  83. Azazl187

Hey guys and girls, ive just snapped my bonnet release handle right off in the cabin.... obviously my hulk like power was too much for it to handle... :). Can i just replace it or do i need to do the whole dam cable and everything?.....
  84. Azazl187

EP3 Help needed!!

This is a fair shout. I often take a look at mine and wonder if its worth replacing....
  85. Azazl187

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

I agree but it will never get hot enough to mess with fluids and heat shields are there sometimes due to regs rather than design.
  86. Azazl187

Should I go for a Genuine Knock Sensor?

Dont do it. Ive done this job myself and it is doable from under the car. You take off the covers underneath and then you need to take out one or both of the brackets that hold the mani underneath and then move a few cable clips and you can get to the sensor. You will have to unclip the...
  87. Azazl187

EP3 Facelift alarm problem

Thanks for coming back and giving an update on this one. Far too often people start a thread and then dont finish it wit ha resolution.
  88. Azazl187

The thing weighs a ton and normally the fixing holes are rusted right out so you cant really fit a new one to them. Ive had mine removed for a few years and ive never noticed a heat issue from that part of the car when driving. I dont mind losing heatshields personally.
  89. Azazl187

Finally a type R owner!

Nice one dude. Best colour ;). Enjoy and welcome
  90. Azazl187

Don't take it off, just get under the car and retighten the bolts
  91. Azazl187

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

She will take more than 5L of pre mixed antifreeze mate. Obviously you can top up with water but you'll be slightly short with just the Honda antifreeze. Just a heads up dude
  92. Azazl187

Bilstein B4s

Hey bud. I was lucky enough for a mate to donate some suspension off his facelift EP3 and the difference from my old pre facelift (quite clearly fu**ed) shocks is like night and day. No more knocking and i didnt have to get some Bilsteins after all. I guess im trying to say that its easy to...
  93. Azazl187

FK8 Anyone else falling out of love with their FK8

To get an EP3 to 240bhp only costs around 3k hey Norv!? But totally worth it of course if you can do that to an FK2....
  94. Azazl187

Android head unit

Hey Norv, i have been looking into these pretty heavily over the last few weeks and as long as you get the octa core ones with Android 7.1 the start up time should be pretty quick and as long as you use the expansion slot for you memory it shouldnt slow down too much. I think ill get one for...
  95. Azazl187

Bilstein B4s

Nice one buddy. I'll hit you up with a text tomorrow. OEM shocks and pro springs? Your EP3 is a 2005 plate right?
  96. Azazl187

Bilstein B4s

Thanks. The B8s are at the other end of the scale to the B4s so I'm not sure they are comparable...
  97. Azazl187

Bilstein B4s

Hey guys. Have any of you had any experience with Bilstein B4 shocks? I need to replace my standard ones on the left side of the car and figured I may as well do them all. I cant justify 700 quid on decent coilovers as I don't track the car and won't buy cheap Chinese knockoffs. The same reason...
  98. Azazl187

EP3 dirty headlamps

Buy new ones?.....
  99. Azazl187

EP3 changing headlamps?

I guess you should just ask them first. At the risk of sounding a little unhelpful i cant tell you what they can and cannot do about fitting your new headlights.
  100. Azazl187

Squeaking coming from front of car/Engine bay

OK all, i have now bought a new mount and the inserts are already on order. Screw it ill fit both haha