Search results

1. Carl Hammond

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Yeah poss mate, I’d call around and ask for sure as that’s a massive hike
  2. Carl Hammond

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Honda used to do a “ Honda Happiness “ set price thing, maybe the lower priced one is that as I’m sure that’s about the right figure from memory
  3. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Love that colour and the orange on the M4
  4. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 vs Cayman GTS on the ring

Exactly this, brands is my local (literally 20 mins away) and I’ve been driving the indi and gp tracks since 1998 and am the same), my fastest laps are in the cars I can afford to risk and as I have to drive them too and from I normally only push the car 70% for safety reasons to ensure I and it...
  5. Carl Hammond

Porsche driver could be new to the car also but he was pushing the FK pretty hard tbh and near it’s limit for sure Not sure it would have been close if the Porsche was in the rights hands however
  6. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Awesome, glad to hear it, are the service costs (if you’ve encountered any yet) as bad as they say?
  7. Carl Hammond

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

This is a stunning car, been looking at them myself but was a little put off by the servicing costs, how you finding it as a car to live with and is it a daily?
  8. Carl Hammond

Apart from his driving etiquette (at the start for sure), its not a race event or day so it's no wonder people have so many accidents there nowadays from in the past with driving like that...
  9. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I also had an HF, red, but the head gasket started to go so I converted it by fitting a grale 8v engine, have to say that car was amazingly fun I spent circa loads building that car also as I had it fully stripped and restored and everything replaced, 16v bonnet and spoiler, custom made wheels...
  10. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I got lucky but had BarryWaterhouse at evo engineering build me a race engine for it as I turned it into a hill climb race car. Never had any oil leaks but the best fail I ever had was the passenger door randomly opening (as the latch failed) mid corner lol. My mate caught it but had to tie it...
  11. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Id be very surprised if the new car is 40k+ as other considerations have to be made by Honda for cars costing 40k and upwards due to the new tax rules which would impact their sales. Vehicles with a list price of more than £40,000 You have to pay an extra £335 a year if you have a car or...
  12. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Thanks for the confirmation, I find it hard to ever say a car is great, but I have to have one to find out. and as you say one thing that appeals is the boot space and internal space also for passengers as this would be my daily. I think it could be a better car with a few extras (e.g better...
  13. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Shows you know nothing, it’s my line of work and I see the impacts of such things so get your facts inline before making accusations maybe
  14. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I feel for them as when the finance deals over they are at a loss as the value of the car won’t be anywhere near where it was, so yeah I will feel for them as that sort of situ can cause hardship to people
  15. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Yeah, as they have been for sale for months and not moved so to date the evidence shows 100% people are not paying it. I am in the market for two or three cars at present and have the cash waiting for all of them but I wouldn’t ever part with 35+k for an FK8 ever, the market has far far better...
  16. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Whats your question? I think my reply was very simple to understand. Dotty said “Does anyone actually pay £47k for an FK8???” I replied “100% a no to does anyone pay it and if they do they are off their heads” What’s not understandable there, seems like a simple thing to digest lol
  17. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

100% a no to does anyone pay it and if they do they are off their heads I’ve not seen any fk8’s move off of the mainstream selling sites for weeks now as they are good cars but not good enough for the prices they are up for lol Same for many males and models though, not a lots moving now and...
  18. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Exactly this, the markets stuck as dealers paid way too much and the demand lower as those who are looking for them don’t want to overpay just so a dealer can recoup their losses
  19. Carl Hammond

Vibration/rumbling noise HELP

Have you tried swapping the wheels around to check it's not a buckled, damaged or very out of balance wheel, or even a bad tyre on the wheel? If none of them maybe potentially a damaged/bent or imbalanced driveshaft Then you'd be looking into alternatives like worn shocks or a loose part in...
  20. Carl Hammond

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

Generally the mapping will define the best ron e.g JDM imports are from factory mapped for higher Ron and so it’s recommended unless you get it mapped for lower Ron, never happens as once modded it’s generally mapped on higherRon for higher Ron. UK cars aregenerally mapped for 95 Ron (unless...
  21. Carl Hammond

FK2 Fk2 &Fk8 Ron Value

You can use E10 in your car FK2 or FK8, if a car is tuned and mapped that’s when it really matters. Online search easily shows the below: All Honda cars with fuel injection are compatible with E10 petrol (HONDA PGM-FI). All Honda cars that do not use fuel injection should continue to use E5.
  22. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Yeah tell me about it, my biggest regret, but at the time I had a 1000hp GTR for sale so didn't have the space for both :-(, they were the days an NA1 manual NSX with low miles was 17K lol, and an NA2 was circa 25-30K - damn those days are well gone. Yeah it will be interesting to see what...
  23. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

100%, as I have said here before I have been in the market for a few cars since April, I am waiting as I don't need to buy so to speak and am happy to wait. Half the cars (more like 90% of the cars) that are advertised for silly money (not just FK8's have not been selling), been having similar...
  24. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Spot on post
  25. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Deff won’t be a few hundred pounds drop it’ll be thousands, with inflation, fuel prices, costs of living as a whole the markets going to drop. As I said in a previous post an fk8 I have my eye on has dropped 2k in the last week. The dealers contacted me but it’s still too much for me to consider...
  26. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Afraid not as I’m in Kent so stop the search at 150 miles (occasionally look at 200 away) but nothing further mate :-( sorry
  27. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Nope most of the FK8's and I30N's (which are my two fav choices as an everyday car) that I have been watching have either remained on sale and not moved or dropped in price over the past few weeks slightly. The drop on the I30N in the last month has been nearly 2k so I am waiting a little...
  28. Carl Hammond

FN2 knock sensor

Buy cheap buy twice... Just buy a good one and be happy it's fixed and will last mate
  29. Carl Hammond

EP3 values

The markets all over the place, the issue you have is the bubbles already started to burst and people are not willing to over pay for cars with the ever increasing costs of living (which are only worsening as we speak). It would / should be a easy to see if it's the clutch of the master...
  30. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

As has been said by adymi16, I have been in the market for a few cars since April but am not willing to overpay for one (especially an FK8) as their prices are silly now. Literally less than a handful have moved/sold in the past month and I am watching the market and many examples daily, wont be...
  31. Carl Hammond

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

100% mate this is why I have not bought anything since selling my car in April, I am a cash buyer for two cars (track and road) so have the cash just sitting waiting :)
  32. Carl Hammond

Honda are shocking now though also tbh, loads of people I know have had multiple issues and FK8's rusting and them not dealing with it is a major concern I will take a look thanks, I love the look of the I30N and think pound for pound its a better car, however the FK8 would be at it's normal...
  33. Carl Hammond

How come you dislike them so much but had two ? I found they were just as engaging as the FK8 to drive, but value for money (what you get for the price means you get a lot more car), it also looks nicer than an FK8 and one thing I loved is that it actually drives like a rwd car more than a fwd...
  34. Carl Hammond

Cool thanks for the info, will add it to the place to consider then as I always excluded the likes of them from my results by bypassing them straight away due to concerns of not seeing the car in person etc. I guess its a part of being older and old school so to speak lol...
  35. Carl Hammond

Will do mate, I have held off and luckily don't even need a car at present for work or anything :-) Not looked on there but will keep an eye on there thanks, always concerned when I cannot personally view a car before buying it, how does it work with them ?
  36. Carl Hammond

I must have, all had bad bolsters apart from one which had a bad 1st to 2nd shift so walked away. I will keep my eye on the market as I am not going to paying over the odds for one as I am paying for it outright and it's only to be my daily so there's no rush as such. Still torn between one and...
  37. Carl Hammond

We all have our own experiences with all Well so far every FK8 I have viewed the seats have been shocking, so it shows they are an issue (or 99% of owners don’t treat them right) which is a shame Aside from this Honda need to address quite a few things from quality control, to seals, sealant...
  38. Carl Hammond

Is it just me or does the new 2022 Type R closely resemble the I30N Fastback (just with an added spoiler)?
  39. Carl Hammond

Fully get that and being smaller I have no issues but what bothers me is for the price I would expect better quality and harder wearing interior that doesn’t look aged so quickly. They could even have the contact areas strengthened or in leather or something with Alacantara centres and so on...
  40. Carl Hammond

I never found the DC2, EK9 or DC5’s suffered issues and found them to be pretty hard wearing tbh. This was my DC5 drivers recaro the weeks I picked it up, it had covered 88k miles and I repaired it for storage whilst I fitted Pole Positions. The upper cannot be repaired easily without a whole...
  41. Carl Hammond

I am fully aware of the design reasons as I generally pull oem seats out and put Recaro Pole Positions in my cars which are far superior for everything inc comfort. The oem seats are 100% (IMO) cr*p seats. The DC2, EK9, DC5 recaro's were far superior for comfort and usability as a daily carr and...
  42. Carl Hammond

I just hope they don't come with the same seats as the FK2 and FK8 or if they do then they need to revise them as they really are not that nice looking and the bolsters are shocking for wear and look tatty after so little miles it's embarrassing for such a car. Also they need to offer a few...
  43. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Exactly this, I cant see many people thinking paying 40K+ for a Civic Type R is value no matter what edition it is, let alone circa 28-35K for a 17 plate on low miles or an 18 plate on anything up to 30k miles etc. Some makes and models I have been watching are slowly starting to lower in price...
  44. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

yeah it looks great. What make the others not so great at times is the seats. They needed to make the option of black with red or red with black more readily avail for the FK2 and 8 as a lot of colours would look better with the black and some red over the red and some black (if that makes sense)
  45. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

Have to say I didn't like red (when seeing pics of them) but in the flesh I think it's one of the better and nicer looking colours
  46. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

In a similar situation to you, I live 1 mile walk from work and am working from home anyway still so have held off buying a car since April when I sold mine. I am looking for a cheap daily hack as a temp car until I know what the market will do in the late stages of 2021 into the early stages of...
  47. Carl Hammond

Gearbox gone

Sounds like clutch to me, had the same with my old DC5, however mine started in 3rd to 4th then 2nd to 3rd
  48. Carl Hammond

Gearbox gone

Some to sale on eBay or join some Honda parts pages on Facebook. however if you don’t know what’s gone I’d get it checked out first by a pro or call the likes of TGM Sport in Fleet or VTEC Direct etc and see what they think as it could just be the clutch or synchro’s or something and cheaper...
  49. Carl Hammond

Gearbox gone

I am assuming this is an FN2? if so they are easily obtained for cheap or you could just have it rebuilt with better syncro's etc, depends what's gone within it. Whilst you're at it I would (in your shoes) add an LSD to the g.box whilst it's out
  50. Carl Hammond

FK2 Lots of talk about FK8 Values. FK2?

Exactly this (must be the likes of China and Taiwan etc), when I was at Hyundai testing the I30N the guy told me that the chips were being produced by China etc and that they were prioritised for sales based on profits etc and that most are going to companies for their Phones, Fridges, washing...
  51. Carl Hammond

Lol course they would, I guarantee the chips are made in China :)
  52. Carl Hammond

There are a few reasons. Due to manufacturing stopping (covid reasons) there was a low amount of certain chips (silicon chips) which are used on virtually everything from cars to mobiles. Stock and production of these is not back to normal yet and so production of cars is slower meaning less...
  53. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

If it's in your head to do it then its the right thing to do imo, if it's even crossed your mind then you're doing the right thing. I was hesitant to sell the DC5 for a year but I woke up one day and felt it was the right time, advertised it, 12hrs later it was gone. Since that day in April I...
  54. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

See for me the I30N and the Megane 275 Trophy are far better value for money than an FK8, especially with the amount of issues the FK8's seem to have. I have test driven three, one was on 14K and the 2nd gear syncro was notchy, not crunching yet but felt wrong. So I test drove two more and felt...
  55. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 Facelift - does it still have issues?

No I haven't taken them negatively :-) FK8 or I30 were to be my daily (only the Performance I30 not the normal N as that's well down on power). I have considered all kinds from a 911 GT3 down to the Hyundai which wasn't even on the cards until I say one and found I liked how it looked, it...
  56. Carl Hammond

Spot on comment, you say "are they actually selling at that price" the answers no, the DC5 markets flooded with the same, I even viewed an FD2 thats up for 20k, been in the uk a few years and rust free. Well apart form the whole line of rust I found across the top of the windscreen where the...
  57. Carl Hammond

100%, I too have seen this and the other annoying thing I keep seeing is cars in Hong Kong then people saying " look at the values, look at what they are worth now ", these people are clueless and have no idea about the diff taxes, duty and rules in other countries which means the cars prices...
  58. Carl Hammond

See I have never bought a new car, I am from a background of RS's, Integrale, GTR's, DC2 and DC5, GT4's GTI-R's and so on so new so to speak to the new car side of things and no offense taken :-) But for me to put it into perspective is that 90% buy these as they are drivers cars offering...
  59. Carl Hammond

Very true The only issue with buying now for most is the prices. They are well above the true value of a car and for the wrong reasons, but this seems to be a concern and issue across the board on all second hand cars. e.g. I30N 10 months ago could be had for 18k, now they are steady around...
  60. Carl Hammond

FK8 PMM scrubs up well…

Personally I think it's my favourite colour for an FK8, looks stunning
  61. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I am in the same boat as yourself currently and the same age lol. Saved loads to buy a high end NSX after missing out on that NSX-R , however I am no longer willing to pay the price they seem to be demanding (although those for sale are not actually selling so to speak). Considered an R35 GTR...
  62. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

I saw you’d sold it, before the drop which is a good thing mate and I agree as people can put any price they like but that doesn’t make the car worth that, it’s worth what someone will spend on it. I’m in the market but not silly and won’t be paying someone 3-4K more than it’s actually worth as...
  63. Carl Hammond

FK8 Fk8 current values

It's a weird world we are in at the moment as used prices are up everywhere (but for how long), some predict it to fall through the latter part of 2021 into 2022 and being one of those who advertised my car and it sold within 12hrs (not to make a profit but as I had planned to sell it within a...
  64. Carl Hammond

Bought decat ep3, which cat is best for me?

If you plan on going with an aftermarket catback you may as well get an aftermarket cat and save some cash. A guy on the dc5 forum bought an ep3 piper sport cat and exhaust system recently and after fitting found it won’t work with his aftermarket arb or something so it was up for sale I can...
  65. Carl Hammond

Bought decat ep3, which cat is best for me?

The only ones I have experience with are SARD and Piper, they are both very good sport cats. The sport cat will normally be a straight direct replacement fit (the above are anyway) and will mainly benefit the car by means of a much greater flow rate and will have a wider bore capacity to better...
  66. Carl Hammond

EP3 Bulb confusion. Please help.

They are HID's, similar to or maybe even the same as the DC5 ones, I just binned about 10 as I have no use for them. From memory they are D2R Xenon HID Headlight bulbs you need you are reverting to HID again
  67. Carl Hammond

FK2 E10 Fuel launch in September

100%. The only thing that will be happening long term is that anything where fuel (petrol is used) the prices will slowly start to increase and will continue to do so. It's another way of slowly making people transition over, make it harder to run the cars but not impossible, however running...
  68. Carl Hammond

Ep3 Drop links geo question

Even a simple pothole can throw a geo off so as soon as you remove anything and replace things it’s worth getting it re-done mate else you could end up killing the tyres a lot quicker
  69. Carl Hammond

Ep3 Drop links geo question

I would always recommend a geo check or new geo post changing any suspension part
  70. Carl Hammond

FN2 Modding for more NA power on FN2 K20 - 2021

With NA the worst thing people do is chase numbers and want more more more, the best way to get the most out of an NA car is to lighten it where possible by means of buying quality parts, the lightness of the car will bring more benefits than a few hp that technically wont even be noticeable...
  71. Carl Hammond

Windscreen washer nozzles

I have purchased loads of things from Cox, they are genuine. What car? Washer nozzles are generally very easy to replace and remove, on the DC5 (last car I did it on) they just popped out and I put Honda Jazz Mist ones on, all I had to do was take the removable seal off the old ones and put it...
  72. Carl Hammond

Ep3 clutch issues

Sounds Very similar to my DC5 clutch when that went, it was the clutch. Initially from 3rd to 4th, was fine when cold and colder but as soon as it got some heat into it the issues showed. I had a trackday booked and carried on to do it, managed the whole day but by the end it was noticeable...
  73. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

It’s not as simple as that though as anyone can buy a car but running and maintaining is another thing. I was considering an exige or exige s as a track car and was about to buy one when I was offered the dc2 race car (when it’s prep’d) for viewing. Sensible head says DC2 is the best option as...
  74. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

The FK8 I personally felt was a nicer place to be, drove nicer than the FK2 and was easier to get in and out of without future damage being caused to the seat bolsters. I would not be buying an FK2 or FK8 for a track car, the likes of TGM moved away from both variants due to issues with them...
  75. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Look forward to meeting again mate and yeah I would love too thanks, yeah I am doing similar to you, separate cars for separate uses, makes the track one feel that much better and I can then push harder without worry knowing its my only car lol
  76. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Cool thanks for the info as I literally know nothing about them apart from I drove one briefly and it was a really nice car. FK8 viewing tomorrow am and poss the FK2 after but if not on Friday morningg, at least the I will know how those two feel back to back and whether or not I would want one...
  77. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

It's the Dynamic Grey mate, and yeah I would want the Brembo pack just because I would potentially do the odd track day in it for a more civilised track day over a full blown race car offering nothing but smiles. The DC5 I did was perfect but I had that on track for 5yrs so fancied a change :- I...
  78. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

What in the FK2/8 or Seat? I want all oem but if the Seat then it's the 280 in this rare grey colour with buckets as standard, was a really nice car to drive, same engine as the Golf R I believe, only reason I would consider it is they are discrete and capable :-)
  79. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

This was a concern and I know the DC2 race car would be far more fun on track than a track spec'd DC5 like I had or an FD2 also made to the same level, all good otherwise mate just need to find the right car now as the DC2 is being made ready for me to view, then I need to do some work on that...
  80. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Hi mate hope all is well, this is what I was thought and was curious about but the lack of them being available for a viewing let alone a test drive kind of rules them out as I would never buy without seeing and at least going in or driving one myself first to be sure I want and would be able to...
  81. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

I have arranged to view one on Friday and will also be viewing an FK2. I could buy both but deff would not want too, if I was dropping that sort of money I would be buying the 911 GT3 but I cannot seem to find one I like at the moment and it seems half the Exige S's for sale (or that look to be...
  82. Carl Hammond

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

Sorry to revive an old thread but I have just sold my track DC5 to get a race car and a road car separately. The Race car is a full blown DC2 race car whereas my road car choices are very wide from an Exige S and 911 GT3 and also the FK2 and FK8 due to their price, performance for price, smiles...