Search results

1. Mark Bevan

Donington 18th Feb

Cracking day yesterday, though the front pads only lasted 3 sessions - thanks to my son's mates for bringing a set of PBS 991 Prorace pads. I shared the day with my son who paid the £30 to be an extra driver. The new slider in the steering column has sorted the vagueness in the steering and a...
  2. Mark Bevan

Donington 18th Feb

I didn't do Donington - I will book another date. Definitely (paid up) to go to Oulton on Sat 7th Mar.
  3. Mark Bevan

Rusty chassis bar alongside the rack EP3

Not any that I have noticed.
  4. Mark Bevan

Rusty sills Ep3

My car has some of it's earl life in Scottish winters - i'm currently looking at sorting the front end some time this year. I have a front sub frame being plastic coated and looking at a pair of new OEM honda R/L shocks, pair of drop links, /L lower arms. I hope to salvage the top mounts...
  5. Mark Bevan

Donington 18th Feb

Some of my most memorable track days have been over winter.
  6. Mark Bevan

Donington 18th Feb

Any one booked? - Circuit Days event.
  7. Mark Bevan

hesitation from start-up

Hi All. I have recently re-commissioned my car after a 15 month period. I have changed the air control valve (new Honda). Every now and then the car will not accelerate properly from a cold start and sometimes the engine warning light will come on - then after a while go off. I have...
  8. Mark Bevan

Interior roof light

Thanks Chris. Yes - 4 no bolts for the seats once the plastic covers have been removed and a 14mm socket.
  9. Mark Bevan

Passenger seat removal

Update Thanks Stu. On with it now. 14mm socket BTW. Does anyone know of a seat that will fit into an EP3 that has a height adjuster on it. It does not have to look the same - my wife is struggling to get in/out and a higher seat may be better for her, being partially disabled. Thanks...
  10. Mark Bevan

Passenger seat removal

Hi, Can anyone go thro. the best way to safely remove the passenger seat please? :lol: Regards, Mark.
  11. Mark Bevan

Interior roof light

Interior light Thanks lads - done.:D https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19983&d=1577616846&thumb=1&stc=1 I need to know how to remove the passenger seat now - will do another thread. Regards, Mark.
  12. Mark Bevan

Interior roof light

Hi All, Hope you are all well. The interior roof mounted light has never worked since I have had the car. There do not look to be any instructions in the manual and no holes in it to pry it off to check the bulb. Can anyone help please? Regards, Mark.
  13. Mark Bevan

2003 ep3 self cancelling indicators - not self cancelling any more

I need to sort this for my MOT.
  14. Mark Bevan

You should use new Honda bolts not S/S. S/S will react with the mild steel thread in the chassis.
  15. Mark Bevan

When you get it I recommend you rub it down and add some more paint. Hope you can get the bolts loose as it's a bad spot for holding water.
  16. Mark Bevan

Rear suspension rebuild

Hi All, I am re-assembling my rear suspension. I have had the main parts plastic coated and I have lost the marks to align the push in inserts into the large bush (the ones closest to the front of the car) to get them flat to the body. Can anyone help please? I am replacing with OEM bushes...
  17. Mark Bevan

Fitting rear bushes

Thanks P. Looks like they go in this way.
  18. Mark Bevan

Fitting rear bushes

Hi All, L have lost the photos/marks for installing new OEM bushes into the rear suspension arm. Poly bushes don't need to be specific I'm told but the OEM type do. Can anyone help please? Regards, Mark.
  19. Mark Bevan

Rear lower control arm - socket required to remove the 3 bolts.

Thanks - Laser tools do one, impact quality for not much money. Thanks. One now ordered.
  20. Mark Bevan

Rear lower control arm - socket required to remove the 3 bolts.

Hi, Can anyone point me in the direction to purchase the socket needed to remove the 3 bolts please? :D Regards, Mark.
  21. Mark Bevan

2003 ep3 self cancelling indicators - not self cancelling any more

Has anyone had/resolved this problem please? :) I have to manually turn the indicators off. I need to get this sorted. Does anyone have any experience of this lease that they can share? Regards, Mark.
  22. Mark Bevan

2003 EP3 new brake calipers - paint?

If these rear calipers are useful to someone please let me know & I will post at cost. Removed from my 03 EP3.
  23. Mark Bevan

Rear arb question

I originally re-fitted the ARB upside down when I replaced the drop-links. I have removed it and fitted it properly - as shown in today's photo. It's easy to install it upside down with the car jacked-up - I forgot to take photos before I removed it originally - DOHH!!
  24. Mark Bevan

Rear arb question

Re-fitted properly!
  25. Mark Bevan

EP3 front ARB question

ARB positioning. Sorted.
  26. Mark Bevan

EP3 front ARB question

ARB upside down! Yes. Just looked and I have it upside down - or is it the chassis fixings are upside down, or both? Doh!! I have the chassis fixings (9 & 10 in the diagram) are the right way up.
  27. Mark Bevan

EP3 front ARB question

Have I put this rear ARB back on properly please, anyone?
  28. Mark Bevan

Rear EP3 caliper problems!

If anyone wants my old rear NISSIN calipers (not sliders) let me know your address and I will post to you at post + £5
  29. Mark Bevan

Rear arb question

ARB positioning. Hi All, Have I fitted the ARB correctly please? - I forgot to take a photo before I removed it!
  30. Mark Bevan

Ready for installation.
  31. Mark Bevan

Grinded-off the old drop links and removed the sway bar so i could safely remove the rust from both ends, treat and repaint with POR15 Painted the rear calipers and sliders. Hope to fit everything this w/e if the weather permits! Fitted the drop links and sway bar - is the sway bar fitted...
  32. Mark Bevan

Rear callipremoved Only managed to remove one caliper untill the weather/ light lost. I need to get the slider blasted to match the new then paint. Removed the other caliper today and fitted the new braided flexy brake hoses to both rear. I now need to get the sliders blasted ready for...
  33. Mark Bevan

Have any of you who have painted your own calipers ever done trackdays? Has the paint coped with the heat? I have just bought some two pack paint from my local auto paint supplier Weather permitting I hope to get the rear of the car in the air and replace the rear calipers & flexi hoses along...
  34. Mark Bevan

Yes. Many thanks Norv. I phoned them to confirm they are refurbed Nissin's!
  35. Mark Bevan

£148.55 for both rear calipers (nissin) inc delivery - scheduled for this Thursday. Need flexi hose kit (will call in to Tewiga) later this week and some red paint. Already got Motul brake fluid. No surcharge too! so I keep the existing ones.
  36. Mark Bevan

Hi Norv, Did you paint them?
  37. Mark Bevan

I could only see an add for n/s only. I need both sides so will speak to them. I need to remove them to check there ok for getting the surcharge back!
  38. Mark Bevan

Hi Norv, Thanks for the info on BI. I get there info; Budweg re-manufacture OEM NISSIN calipers for around £71.78 each? Postage is £4.99 + postage to send them the old caliper (for the return of the £30+ surcharge) So that will come to around £82 (as long my calipers meet their returns...
  39. Mark Bevan

Hi All, I will be replacing my calipers with OEM Nissin (rear at least). They come with a bright anodized (I think) finish - so I'm looking to paint them red. Can anyone let me know the best way/paint to DIY please. Anyone know the RAL colour? Regards, Mark.
  40. Mark Bevan

My rear calipers need replacing - looking at OEM Nissin from Tegiwa @£440/pair inc VAT. A pair of fronts are £363.
  41. Mark Bevan

Code reader for 2003 EP3

I pulled the fuse in the engine bay that resets the ECU/engine light. It worked - went for a 250 mile blast with some other type R owners on Sunday and it has not returned. Still need to plug in a reader to get the code.
  42. Mark Bevan

Code reader for 2003 EP3

They want £19.20 for two. If anyone wants one? Still looking for an answer to linking the OBD sockets 4 - 9 please?
  43. Mark Bevan

Code reader for 2003 EP3

I've put a bid in for 2 MS309's for £18 inc post though may have to wait for them! Is the 309 able to remove the fault codes? Regards, Mark.
  44. Mark Bevan

Code reader for 2003 EP3

Is that for the MS300. The ones on ebay are £9.66 from Hong Kond inc. post.
  45. Mark Bevan

Fault Code Reader

Can't you wire up 4-9 in the OBD socket and get the dash light to flash the numbers on an EP3?
  46. Mark Bevan

Code reader for 2003 EP3

Hi All. My engine light has come on and I have tried to find out how to get the information on how to go about getting the code read myself. I must be looking in the wrong places as I can't find a scrap about. I am trying to find out if a loop can be used between 4-9 on the OBD connector...
  47. Mark Bevan

polish your knob

Don't you have to re lacquer it?
  48. Mark Bevan

225 45 17 tyres

Just fitted the above - does the pressure differ from using 205 45 17 please? Also, the drivers side front tyre rubs on the plastic wheel arch when braking around a bend and go over a bump. It did not do this with 205's.:(
  49. Mark Bevan

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Just had mine refurbished at my local plastic coaters. Stripped, treated, primed and coated. Also gave me spray primer/paint for the centre inserts - all for £160
  50. Mark Bevan

Wheel inserts

I have had my wheels refurbed in gunmetal grey and I have sprayed the centre caps the same colour. Does anyone know how the original H was applied please?
  51. Mark Bevan

Your tyre reviews

Evo mag has tested 9 makes of 225/40R18 92Y tyres in Sept 2017 issue, on a Mk 7.5 Golf GTi, and Michelin Pilot Sport 4 came out tops. Toyo Proxes Sport last.
  52. Mark Bevan

Relocating battery to the boot

Ditto to noise & camera mounts.
  53. Mark Bevan

Relocating battery to the boot

Wouldn't pass the inspection at track days? I have never had one, other than the noise test.
  54. Mark Bevan

EP3 front fog lights wanted

Front fog lights. Let us know how it goes when you get them please. How good they fit and a photo to see how they look would be appreciated. Removed fog light loom - quality. Temp fitted fog light cover with dome mesh cut from a disposable bbq to see how it will look. Needs s/s close...
  55. Mark Bevan

I have just called my local Honda dealer and they were discontinued a while ago as they are an accessory. I'm having a lot of the bumper parts plastic coated at the mo - so Ill enquire with him as to how to refurb them. Renew the reflector and casing. *** the glass is usually stone chipped...
  56. Mark Bevan

Hi All, I'm on the look-out for some front fog lights please - must be in very good condition. Contact me on markbevan4@talktalk.net Regards, Mark.
  57. Mark Bevan

Braided clutch line

If their isn't one, I will sort a description of how-to when I fit mine. :D
  58. Mark Bevan

Insurance quotes

Yes Dan. At least I can now keep the car as I would not pay more than £250 anyway. I just need to watch the miles I put on it as I only have 2k.
  59. Mark Bevan

Braided clutch line

Many thanks Big Gaz. I go past Tegiwa to get to work so will call in later this month.
  60. Mark Bevan

Braided clutch line

Looks like my clutch pipe is about to give way at the union half way between the res & slave cylinder is well rusty (Under the air box) Where did you get your braided hose from please?
  61. Mark Bevan

Insurance quotes

Hi All, I have just purchased my first civic type R. A 2003 without A/C. I contacted several ins companies direct and they quoted me £800 + which were stupid prices even though I do not have any NCB.mad::mad: In frustration I went on Go Compare and got a quote of £192.50 from Esure...