• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Mebz

Type R #4

Colour change and new center caps (no pics with new center caps) Did some track days...
  2. Mebz

Type R #4

Some updates.... Sold the se37k wheels Managed to damage my spoiler by reversing into the garage.... in front of the se37k buyer [emoji2359] Found a J's racing spoiler... Bought some new wheels, advan 9js at the front and 7.5j ce28n for the rear...
  3. Mebz

EP3 5.3 final drive too short for supercharger?

Accrington! Torque from the charger, not sure what you mean [emoji1787]. I cant say I noticed a massive difference in traction with the different final drive, in the wet it will spin up in first but it would do that before as well. I've got a couple of videos on Instagram that show how you...
  4. Mebz

EP3 5.3 final drive too short for supercharger?

I've got a jrsc dc5 with 5.8 final drive. 5.8 is one of my favourite mods.
  5. Mebz

Type R #4

ITB'S gone and replaced with a charge cooled JRSC. Fitted some porsche brake cooling ducts and then did some more trackdays.
  6. Mebz

Type R #4

And finally Donington: A few random drives and a solo road trip to Scotland as well: Back to the plenum airbox, I finally got round to getting it checked out on the dyno, the results were a bit surprising. With airbox it made 211bhp. Without airbox it made 229bhp. It was an expensive...
  7. Mebz

Type R #4

Cadwell: Wet Croft: Anglesey again:
  8. Mebz

Type R #4

Quick update, mainly just been driving it but with small mods. First up, fitted some mud flap type things to stop tyre rubber splattering across the side of the car. Work a treat and look ok too. Been watching the ITB intake temperatures so decided to swap the sausage filter for a plenum...
  9. Mebz

Type R #4

Just before Christmas, got the car back. Few niggles to sort. With the cage its nearly 70kg lighter than when it was stock. It feels quick, a lot more drama. Trackdays for the new year already booked!!!
  10. Mebz

Type R #4

Not the best quality pics but progress.....
  11. Mebz

Type R #4

12. Mebz

Type R #4

Thought I'd do an update. First up... Did a thing with the kpro Then I got a bit carried away and decided to get a cage fitted. Went for custom cages cage, all prep done by grinspeed. Cage was fitted by sw motorsport.
  13. Mebz

Type R #4

Performance wise the brakes have been spot on. The only minor complaint I would have is because of the design of the caliper, you do get pad rattle. It's a weekend/track car only but I could happily drive it every day.
  14. Mebz

Type R #4

Thanks. Yes it's the reyland motorsport kit. Throttle bodies were a bit of an impulse buy. As with everything else really. Toda bodies dont come up often, so thought why not. I think I've lost about 10bhp and 10ftlbs, I cant say I've noticed the difference to be honest. The biggest...
  15. Mebz

Type R #4

Also did anglesey pre covid...
  16. Mebz

Type R #4

Some random pics from the pre covid lockdown trackday at croft. Can confirm the rumours are true, it's a fast and bumpy circuit. Great track.
  17. Mebz

How much is a dc5 manifold and cat worth

I recently sold my 4-2 section for £100.00 and the cat section separately for £220.00. The cat section prices fluctuate quite significantly, couple of weeks after I sold mine same guy was offering 320 for one. Brad_ep3 is the guys username on Instagram.
  18. Mebz

Type R #4

And made a few more changes... Made less power and torque compared to the 70mm rbc and arc intake but it still feels great. Again, the map from efi is so smooth.
  19. Mebz

Type R #4

Did Curborough recently, best time was a 1.32.9 Link to an on board video (still lots to learn): https://youtu.be/_k_zF7cB_m8
  20. Mebz

5.1 vs 5.3 final drive - road car (no motorways)

Clutch and flywheel.
  21. Mebz

Small world. Top end or bottom end? My car is currently at grinspeed. When it's back and weather is dry, I can take you for a spin in it.
  22. Mebz

Where in Lancashire are you?
  23. Mebz

I've got a 5.8 in mine with full solid fab system including 3 inch exhaust. It's at 4.5k revs at 70mph. It's not a daily but drove it to Belgium this year and noise wise it's fine. Can easily make a Bluetooth phone call in it.
  24. Mebz

Europeam cover for over 15 yers car - Recommendations

Have you tried a European company? Not sure if you can. Opteven are greenflags European agent, again I got great service.
  25. Mebz

Europeam cover for over 15 yers car - Recommendations

Highly recommend greenflag after a personal experience. They go up to 16 years old. I couldn't find any UK breakdown company that covered cars over 16 years old.
  26. Mebz

Type R #4

Did another track day... Blyton Park Eastern, not the best weather but a nice little track.
  27. Mebz

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

You'll have to let's us know how they compare to the rs29's
  28. Mebz

C30 rotrex supercharged or the usual bolts&mods?

I've got a 5.8 in my dc5 and I have a circa 3.5k rpm vtec point. It's annoying on motorway cruising. I have to do 60 and be really gentle with the accelerator. It's fun when you are on a spirited drive or track though.
  29. Mebz

EP3 Ep3 down on power, what to do next?

Yes
  30. Mebz

I have a DC5 manifold lying around somewhere......
  31. Mebz

On my first fn2 I was in a similar predicament with the car not making the power it should. It had all the bolt on's (rrc, hks rsk, tegiwa exhaust manifold, toda catback) plus the tdi north stage 1 cams. Made 230bhp where others where making over 250. People said numbers don't matter, pub...
  32. Mebz

Type R #4

Went to Spa, great track, best I've ever been on. First time around on the sighting laps when you go around the first corner and look up to eua rouge.... just wow. No picture or video has ever done it justice. Highly recommend to any petrol head.
  33. Mebz

Type R #4

Few pics from a track day and unfortunately another purchase.
  34. Mebz

Type R #4

Few updates.... The day I bought it vs today. A few changes made.. Ycw suspension Swift springs Rotawheels with 255f/225r ad08r Shg rack slider Mfactory 5.84 final drive Mfactory plated diff AP racing brake kit with 330mm floating disc Solidfab 3" exhaust and exhaust manifold 70mm rbc Arc...
  35. Mebz

K100 ECU and Remap

I sent my ecu in the post to cpl for them to fit the kpro4 to it. Fitted the ecu back myself and uploaded a generic hondata map to the car. Didn't thrash the car, kept it closed loop and no WOT until efi mapped it. I went for kpro4 because I liked the idea of the bluetooth gimmick. Don't...
  36. Mebz

K100 ECU and Remap

If your willing to travel, I would go to EFI Parts in Runcorn. I've had maps from both with no complaints whatsoever but with EFI cruising around on part throttle you can't tell it's been mapped, it's very smooth.
  37. Mebz

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

I saw this when I was at grinspeed last year. Both stevie and Dom were scared to test drive it on completion of their work. Mental is not the right word.
  38. Mebz

EP3 Brake Setups

Freaky parts to a brake kit for the ep3/fn2/dc5 utilising the Renault brembo.
  39. Mebz

Type R #4

No worries. Message sent.
  40. Mebz

Type R #4

Race and Rooms. Looks to be a decent place close to the circuit.
  41. Mebz

Type R #4

Great stuff. Looking forward to seeing you fly past. Anything you wish you knew before the first time you went across? Any tips for the ferry, driving in Europe etc? Also noticed circuit days require you to have a fire extinguisher, how have you mounted this?
  42. Mebz

Type R #4

Thanks mate. Who else is going? Got two spare garage spaces going if needed by anyone.
  43. Mebz

Type R #4

Yes I got it from Bristol. I didn't know you wanted it. I think the new owner has broken it and is selling the bits. I bought the kpro from CPL Racing. Put my ecu in the post and a couple of days later CPL returned it with a kpro fitted.
  44. Mebz

Type R #4

Thanks mate. Will do.
  45. Mebz

Type R #4

Thats all upto date now. I'll carry on updating if you deem the car worthy. All credit to Grinspeed and EFI parts for sorting the car out for me. Going forward the cars booked in for a 5.8 final drive and a plated m factory diff. Also booked onto a spa track day with circuit days in march...
  46. Mebz

Type R #4

12 hour round trip to Chelmsford to pick it up. It was totally standard and the plan was to keep it standard and learn how to drive properly. Did a track day at Oulton and then unfortunately the plan to stay stock didn't last. First mod was a bride seat, followed by arc intake, 70mm rbc...
  47. Mebz

Type R #4

Been a long time lurker on here and finally thought I should give something back. All started back in 2010 when I bought my first Type R, a millano red FN2. It was my daily drive and didn't really know what I was doing. Inspired by Loxy's original FN2, I did the usual bolt on's and Tdi North...
  48. Mebz

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

Normally a serial stalker on this forum but its a real shame to see this, saw you at cadwell last time, looked really good. Onwards and upwards.
  49. Mebz

Milano help

Thanks for the support chaps, I've spoken to the dealer who's looking into it for me, he's had a week so will be chasing him up again today
  50. Mebz

Milano help

Hello Chaps, New member and its my first post. Hope i'm in the right section. In June 2010 I became a proud owner of a 2007 milano red FN2. I bought it from a Honda dealer used approved, I decided I was happy to pay a little extra to get a perfect car. After a couple of washes I have...
Back