• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. RichE

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I have always used the Millers Nanodrive 0w 20, no issues and doesn't seem to use a drop. This includes a bit of track use.
  2. RichE

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

Out of interest, have you had the brake fluid changed? Often a bit left in the nipple gets hot and runs down onto the caliper starting the lacquer peel. Lightly sand the edges and apply some vht lacquer to fix.
  3. RichE

FK2 Shifter cable bushes

A few have fitted the Acuity bushes with some noticing a difference and some not. I suppose with some FK2's coming up to six years old the condition of the old bushes will make a difference.
  4. RichE

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Yeah still got it, no plans to sell really due to the low mileage and high residuals. Maybe looking at a retirement special in a few years, Cayman GT4 would be nice [-o<, Sounds like yours just needs some TLC. Take care mate.
  5. RichE

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Hello Rob, sorry to hear your having problems and hope your well mate. If i can be of any assistance just give me a shout mate.
  6. RichE

EP3 Boost Blue

As said i got full front, wing mirrors,a-pillars,rear arches, outer sills and door sills for £1100 in Suntek self healing film 4 years ago and it still looks excellent.
  7. RichE

EP3 Boost Blue

I paid £1100 to have my FK2 ppf'ed and it would be the first thing i had done if i got a new car. How many times will you be washing the car and think "wish i had the ppf".
  8. RichE

EP3 2020 grille

What tyres did you run?
  9. RichE

What did you do to your Type R today?

Really, has this always been the case? The first bit lol.
  10. RichE

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Grantham have always been excellent for me over the last 10 years or so.
  11. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Not just me then, thought it was my driving style [emoji16], what tyres have you had success with on track in the FK2. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  12. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Have you used them on track at all?
  13. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

PS4S's have been faultless for me a fantastic all-round tyre even cope with light track use and excellent wear rate. Slightly softer ride which isnt necessarily a bad thing for most occasions and you've always got +R for those occasions when you fancy it a bit firmer.
  14. RichE

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I have the carbon wing vents, not blocked like oem, and have removed a lot of the plastic trim around the engine bay in my FK2 which allows heat to vent from the engine bay nicely.
  15. RichE

FD2 rear bumper

To the chap pm,ing me yes I still have it but you can't receive pm,s for some reason Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  16. RichE

FK2 Best semi slick tyres year 2020

A lot of us look for the holy grail of tyres but it doesn't exist, compromises have to be made somewhere. I run the MPS4S and do the odd trackday on them but they overheat in warmer temps but are an excellent all-rounder. May go for Cup 2 next as the R is a second car and can be left garaged in...
  17. RichE

FK8 Hard Braking : Rear end instability

There must be very little weight over the rear wheels under heavy braking so any steering input is likely to cause a loose rear end. As said once you ease off the brakes a little more weight is transferred back to the rear and restores grip.
  18. RichE

FD2 rear bumper

Last shout before it heads for the tip.
  19. RichE

interesting, cant seem to find the page, any chance of a link please?
  20. RichE

I don't get this rally red thing, i personally think the darker red of the badges would look much better.
  21. RichE

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

If you go on track the Hammerite doesn't fare too well.
  22. RichE

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

GT with the wheels has to be the winner for me, wonder if they will be available, probably at a grand a wheel?
  23. RichE

Just been told its a case of sell the old stock first but as mentioned if i was buying in March i would want or wait for a revised model. Suppose there could be some discount available for an older model.
  24. RichE

FK2 Recommended Honda dealer - South Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Notts

Grantham Honda have always been excellent for me if it's not too far, i have been going there for years and had zero issues. That includes EP3, FD2 and now the FK2.
  25. RichE

On my FK2 i have suffered bad graining on the last two trackdays i have done on the PS4S which pretty much ends the day. It then takes about 500 road miles for the tyre surface to flatten out. I think a combination of high temps and over driving are to blame.
  26. RichE

FK2 aftermarket suspension

Another vote for the responder, such a shame we can't mix and match on the options.
  27. RichE

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

Mine occasionally grumbles going into 5th when cold but other then that silky smooth, 16 plate with 12,000 miles.
  28. RichE

FD2 rear bumper

Any of you guys want a spare rear bumper, having a shed clear out and have one in Champ white with 3 small scuffs in one corner.
  29. RichE

FK2 FK2 Track Day Discussion

I'm going to have a good think about my approach and where i want to go with it. I have been trying to keep costs down but as a second car i could now fit a road legal more track focused tyre. I will have a look through my dashcam footage but first thoughts are i'm maybe a little late on the...
  30. RichE

Well good day and epic circuit but again I was dogged by graining on the PS4S's. You end up feeling like you're riding on the extra rubber especially during heavy braking. They either can't cope with the heat or I'm over driving them but it's difficult not to when everything else is flying round...
  31. RichE

Snetterton booked for Thursday, anyone going or about that day. Great circuit, hope the forecast is correct.:rolleyes:
  32. RichE

FK2 FK2 Sat Nav Update - How to Video

I get spoken alerts with the pocketgpsworld database bit of a faff but worth it.
  33. RichE

CW FK2 Type R - Build

I convinced myself to buy from the fact it is functional and you pay more than that for a bit of carbon engine bay dress up.
  34. RichE

FK2 free neg camber?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2gnbj3UyFs&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0uSFJdUMQDTdqX0upZSZyF5SIEpo1HLqL0FP4ZmyWdgB78LihDp_L0vKo Somebody has commented this is the same on the FK2 but i haven't checked, interesting.
  35. RichE

FK2 FK2-R Changing Gear Issues

Yes would do that for the time being, these boxes are great but do seem to have their idiosyncrasies. EP3 box was funny into second, fd2 could be a bit notchty occasionally into 3rd. I occasionally can't get 1st and seem to remember reverse being the same once or twice also 4th to 5th when cold...
  36. RichE

I'm sure i read somewhere you could adjust the brightness of the drl's is this the case as i can't find anything?
  37. RichE

I had the PBS smoking at Donington and they are still spot on now, worth speaking to one of their guys before stumping up that kind of money on pads Tim.
  38. RichE

I,ve removed the plastic trim around the engine and this definitely allows more hot air to escape via the vents in the wing, particularly helpful when on track.
  39. RichE

FK8 Corroding wheel nuts

I bought the black Honda nuts for the FK2 and they too have started to corrode after only a year. So to refurbish them is it enamel paint and then in the oven maybe?
  40. RichE

FK8 FK8 in the wall at Anglesey...

You're just thinking of getting the car home in one piece when it's worth 20k, i reckon i would be faster in the works van, lol.
  41. RichE

No it doesn't matter the 10th gen has got the blame for Swindon closing, :lol: https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/honda/106156/ugly-designs-and-f1-failure-are-taking-their-toll-on-honda
  42. RichE

I think we all accept the FK8 is the more rounded car but there are still plenty of folk who prefer the looks and the rawness of the fk2, horses for courses and all that.
  43. RichE

FK8 FK8 in the wall at Anglesey...

Hope he was insured, gutting for the owner. Wet trackdays aren't really fun but you still want your money's worth and can easily push too hard.
  44. RichE

FK8 Strange FK8 video

https://www.instagram.com/p/BuenXe_jtn6/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1afx2xx5m0ukz Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  45. RichE

A-plan with Eventuri and other light mods £650 including 5 trackdays. :)
  46. RichE

And next year in at no8? [emoji23] Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  47. RichE

D3an0’s 2016 FK2 (The Dream)

Cheers thought it was a .5 sure it will be 5.5, strange size though. Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  48. RichE

Was going to fit mine today but couldn't undo the screw / nut is it a 5.5mm socket? Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
  49. RichE

Have you driven it with the new intake pipe on yet, any difference in induction noise?
  50. RichE

FK8 Thoughts on Nanolex (Detailing)

Gtechniq crystal serum light about £70 and apply yourself, it's a bit fiddly but follow the right procedure and it's not too difficult.
  51. RichE

FK2 Need a bit of advice on what to do at the end of my PCP

Bottom end of the market to be fair both high milers. FK8 is the more rounded car no doubt but there's obviously still a lot of potential buyers who prefer the FK2 for whatever reason.
  52. RichE

Who knows but if demand stays high it will certainly help. The key question is as FK8 values drop will the FK2 drop accordingly or will some buyers be prepared to pay more for an older albeit rarer ( better looking, cough)model.
  53. RichE

I think it does have the potential to be a sought after car in years to come as the first turbo-ed R, low numbers and many preferring the looks over the FK8. I am pleasantly surprised at how well residuals are holding up.
  54. RichE

FK8 Wheel Kerbing

We need pics!:o
  55. RichE

FK2 Driving Position and Getting in and out

Getting in i place my right hand on the door catch to take some weight so as not to stress the bolster, getting out i swing my leg round to the back of the side bolster, it's lowest point.
  56. RichE

Skunk2 shift knob, very happy with it.
  57. RichE

FK8 Brakes

I find the PBS pads an excellent all-rounder on the FK2, great on road and track.
  58. RichE

FK8 Show me your creaminess!

What i found was that swirlmarks made the paint look considerably creamier and once polished it was much better. He must have been letting the dealer wash it.
  59. RichE

Where they have got us in these gearbox issues is that it has to be the dealer to diagnose the fault and perform the strip down so when the warranty is refused you get stung with dealer labour charges.
  60. RichE

Anyone for extended warranty? :D
  61. RichE

Some kind of social media protest could help there even turning down alloy wheel corrosion and blaming it on poor care. Surest way to **** your owner base off by blaming them for every fault that occurs, it just makes people move from that brand and not return.
  62. RichE

Aren't Eventuri bringing out a pipe to compliment their intake?
  63. RichE

Ecu info gathering is a bit worrying Tim given some of the other stories that have floated around like "driven hard" and "user error" but hopefully you'll be fine. Regarding changing the gearbox oil i run Amsoil in mine after it coming recommended and improving a notchy 3rd gear in the FD2.
  64. RichE

New tyres

Would anyone have any thoughts on how the AD08R compare the MPS4S's and the cup 2's in terms of track performance, i'm guessing somewhere in-between?
  65. RichE

I stopped reading when i got to the bit about it being built properly this time.
  66. RichE

Am i missing something, :confused:
  67. RichE

FN2 Official UK/European owners manual

Can't seem to open this to save on my mobile thought it could be handy sometime.
  68. RichE

FK2 Sports CAT yes or no?

I've thought about it but chasing a few more horses versus the possible issues going forward ruled it out for me. Personally intake and a cat-back maybe with a custom map will be where i go.
  69. RichE

Biggest danger to the calipers is brake fluid after changing it. It sits in the bleed nipples and then when hot runs down the sides starting the lacquer removal process. When you have the fluid changed roll a small amount of tissue and poke down the hole in the nipple and remove the excess. If...
  70. RichE

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

I think if it were me i would stick the Conti's on the front if you need to use them up especially with winter approaching. I find the PS4S respond well to a couple of psi more at the front. Also i was under the impression that our nuts were 122nm but i could be wrong.
  71. RichE

FK2 T valve delete

With the Eventuri i have seen 1.7 at about 20 C so yes. Unfortunately Tim must be a sign of the times but there is a lot of interesting stuff on facebook and a full pic by pic guide to the t-valve delete. As it is found on the FK8 i would assume it is one of the little tweaks performed by Honda...
  72. RichE

FK2 T valve delete

Bit more info on the Hendy site, https://www.hendyeshop.co.uk/civic-fk8--fk2-air-bypass-conversion-kit-323264-p.asp
  73. RichE

FK2 T valve delete

Stumbled across this on facebook and wondered if anyone had any views or experience with it. https://www.facebook.com/groups/726470460791668/ scroll down for post, bits available here at Tegiwa, http://www.tegiwaimports.com/genuine-honda-fk8-upgrade-air-bypass-valve-kit-civic-type-r-fk2-15.html
  74. RichE

FK2 Clutch bleed Nd gearbox oil change

Been running the Amsoil for a while, as i did in the FD2 and no problems at all, touches wood.
  75. RichE

Yeah i managed to get one and boost was straight up to holding 1.5 on a very hot day from 1.3 and have seen 1.7 so seems to work. With the b-pipe mine now seems to burble almost Subaruesque like which i'm not sure i like but it is growing on me.
  76. RichE

Best value is to pick up a used Eventuri preferably with the V2 filter it does what it says on the tin.
  77. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Pondering removing my PS4S to go with the Cup 2's as we now have a second car so the FK2 will become a weekend/ odd trackday car. Anybody interested in a part worn set around 6-7mm.
  78. RichE

Just to add on the gearbox i have just had a look and it does look like there is a fill plug on top of the gearbox which is confusing as all the boxes i have ever refilled have been as above with the filler on the side.
  79. RichE

I found gravity bleeding the clutch worked well and gave you plenty of time to refill the reservoir as required. Gearbox is done on level ground and fill until it starts to drip from the fill hole. I can recommend the PBS brake pads for track use and please keep us informed of any developements...
  80. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Cup 2's are 80% track 20% road biased whereas the PS4S is the other way round. The cup 2's require a bit more heat in them making them a better track tyre but not ideal for cold or wet, especially cold and wet. I personally would only go Cup 2's if your going to be tracking it and don't want a...
  81. RichE

Considering that Honda has this small loyal type r fanbase it is pretty poor business practice to **** them off with tardy warranty wrangling. Given the power of social media who is going to risk their money on something that has found a new level of un-reliability within the usually top...
  82. RichE

Give me a heads up when you do Donny again and i'll try and get over to say hello and a chat.
  83. RichE

Alloy Wheel Contamination Removal.

Another yay for the Bilt Hamber, atom mac is a must for the winter.
  84. RichE

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

PS4S's benefit from upping the oem pressures slightly to 35/36 front on the Fk2.
  85. RichE

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

1 Rear end sorted, less plastic and quads. 2 FK2 seats and driving modes interchangeable as above 3 Less SUVish front end
  86. RichE

FK2 Locking wheel nut/damaged wheels!!!!

If you have a good dealer it's worth a shot, i know mine would be helpful. Just ask nicely and see what they say, you've nothing to lose.
  87. RichE

FK2 Eventuri intake

Is there much of an induction roar with the Eventuri as the loud phisssing really puts me off.
  88. RichE

One of the replies mentions over-heating of the oem clutch fluid so for a small cost i will replace mine, anybody know the whereabouts of the bleed nipple?
  89. RichE

EP3 FK8 exhausts

There's only one or two that i,d swap the unsilenced b-pipe for on my FK2. Given the cost difference it's a no brainer in my opinion for a better exhaust note. Is there one available for the FK8 yet?
  90. RichE

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Would it be beneficial to fit led bulbs to decrease the heat when these are fitted?
  91. RichE

FK2 Wheel corrosion

To the FK8 centre caps.
  92. RichE

FK2 pipercross arma speed v1 carbon intake

Come sample a pork pie and take in Rutland water.;)
  93. RichE

Really need to hear this, where are you based?
  94. RichE

I'll wait for some vids thanks i wanna hear the noise mainly.
  95. RichE

FK8 Body rigidity & flywheel

Lol no just Kielder water! No phone signal and non-existent wi-fi. They'd both get stuck but you may get further in your comfort mode.:D
  96. RichE

FK8 Body rigidity & flywheel

Just got back from holiday with no internet, come on you gotta laugh, made me chuckle. Take it easy Jay these FK8 boys are very sensitive over their rears.
  97. RichE

Pics and vids please, shall i pm too?
  98. RichE

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Quite simple with a performance car, buy the absolute best you can afford. I can highly recommend the Pilot Sport 4S.
  99. RichE

Lol, if it was made by Mugen you lot would be all over it! :D
  100. RichE

Stick this in, job done, https://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-115236-millers-oils-nanodrive-cfs-0w-20-nt-full-synthetic-engine-oil.aspx
Back