• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. dweezle

FK2 FK2 general discussion

No one posting anymore ☹️
  2. dweezle

FK2 FK2 75k/6year service costs

Depends what service schedule your car is set up on, I had my 6th year one at honda expecting big bill.. Low miles, valves done last year, So was advised basic 6th year service with health check, health check they throw in screenwash etc. If you're low mileage go with standard 12+ with health.
  3. dweezle

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

8:30 in hands up
  4. dweezle

Car collected yesterday, 2 issues tyre repair out of date, clutch fluid moisture level was above the required level, Fluid replaced, Ac regassed whilst they had it, £405 all in, I also had the video service for the first time, Surprised me the amount of rust starting to show, the chap even...
  5. dweezle

FK2 Satnav in fk2

I change things then sit there for 20 minutes trying to figure out how to change back, Yesterday I noticed for the first time that if you press info on the infotainment it brings up fuel averages etc on big screen Only took me 6 years to find it :rolleyes:
  6. dweezle

I usually just message Cox Honda, they usually reply with Honda parts sheet attachments
  7. dweezle

FK8 New FK8 - Paint & Running In Questions

6 different tones of Cw if I remember correctly
  8. dweezle

Booked in for the end of July, I was told because I had the minor service last year this one will be a major + valve clearance, Valves were done last year so just £310 for the service, Service manager deals with all warranty and he's on holiday that week so body shop will take a glance at the...
  9. dweezle

Wow, I remembered the service manager saying a few yrs back the 6th is where they make some money back on these service packages, Valves were done last year, I think fuel pump is on the 6th year, I can probably save a bit buying through Cox, It's all on this rust whether I keep it, if its a no...
  10. dweezle

Anyone had the big 6th year service yet and how much, And is anyone else seeing roof rust appearing under the windscreen rubber, noticed a small fine rusty orange line on the drivers side corner 3wks back during its wash and I'm now starting to see little pin bubbles........ I can already...
  11. dweezle

FK8 FK8 Oil?

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/re-new-forum-loyalty-scheme.66350/
  12. dweezle

FK8 FK8 Oil?

I'm surprised a main dealer didn't use it's own Honda oil, which is Castrol made, I know Helix 5W30 was listed as a go to oil on the release of the FK2 type R but that was mainly due to the limit of Honda Castrol available at the time (was many months before that became available) Cox Honda do...
  13. dweezle

FK8 Rattle/scraping

All sorted, it indeed was a decent sized stone by the clunking it made, Full lock, pushed the splash guard a bit, heard something give, went opposite full lock "clunk", bit more pushing on the guard, "clunk clunk" quick reverse loads of clunking then noise stopped. Been around the block snaking...
  14. dweezle

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Hey Rich, good to see you still have yours, I do pop on and off the forums but posts are scarce now. Car is now sorted so back to peace of mind.... For now :D Think this whole lockdown thing has took its toll, car isn't getting any TLC, MOT is 6mths late due to last lockdown, the recent lack of...
  15. dweezle

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Already been out and had a play nothing dropped out but booked the day off in case :D Yeah it's been a while, been on redundancy alert since September ish so just trying to get through all this lockdown stuff, Still debating where to go with the car, that **** head bumping it annoyed me, then 2...
  16. dweezle

FK8 Rattle/scraping

I found and fk8 post with a YouTube link with a similar sound and that was a collection of stones, This sound is horrendous, it reminds me of a heat shield dragging along tarmac and that's what I was expecting to find, MOT booked today as well :rolleyes:
  17. dweezle

FK8 Rattle/scraping

Any ideas what this could be, Pulled off a junction plodding along and heard a loud scraping noise (assumed it was outside) but as I slowed to another junction the noise got quieter, I dropped my passenger window and noticed it was definitely me and coming from the passenger side. The noise...
  18. dweezle

Finally getting the Fk2?
  19. dweezle

EP3 FK2 Rev Hang

Flywheel for the FK2 is £1080.99 Flywheel for the FK8 is £365 Straightforward swap from what I remember
  20. dweezle

Tyre pressure warning popped up this morning the repaired one was showing 24psi, Since the service the car has only been used twice a week so the repair hasn't lasted long, Mobile fitter hopefully fitting 2 rears later today Also been debating chopping it in and going practical, ford ranger or...
  21. dweezle

What did you do to your Type R today?

17k offered for mine, would probably go either way with added extras but will be a nice pocket filler if work goes tits up
  22. dweezle

15 plate, 32.6
  23. dweezle

Mines gone up £235
  24. dweezle

My mate has jumped on this with his 2 or 3 prev owned 16 plate fk2, high 50s on the clock and offered him 15 something, 3k less than he paid for it
  25. dweezle

Pffft I did 14.1 in reverse with the Fk2
  26. dweezle

FK2 Climate control - dual zone issues

Are they set at the same blowers, I know if my drivers is set at the footwell the front vents blow slightly warmer
  27. dweezle

FK2 Radio/unit issues

I'm ashamed to say mine only gets used once a year :lol: I've only had to do 1 reboot in 5yrs and that was due to my reversing lines disappearing
  28. dweezle

FK2 Radio/unit issues

Have you tried rebooting it
  29. dweezle

You're looking just shy of a grand for a professional ceramic coating, pending on stages of polishing required. They look good but can be a problem when washing, especially in the sun, the ceramic disperses water that quick the shampoo dries pretty quickly leaving unsightly water marks...
  30. dweezle

FK2 Climate control - dual zone issues

Quick Google throws up temperature door actuator, not saying that's your problem but different temps is a symptom
  31. dweezle

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

Black circles have an offer on the Goodyears, buy 2 save £10, buy 4 save £25
  32. dweezle

FK8 Service Pack FK8

Soon as I saw your name the words cool story bro popped straight into my head, scrolled down and yep :lol:
  33. dweezle

Peterborough, They've always looked after me and I've had no problems with them so I can't complain there, It's the being left confused that grates me, In their defence there has been confusion from day one with these cars. Service 1-3 faultless, It started last year with the valve confusion...
  34. dweezle

Car was collected earlier £329 all in with valve clearance and tyre repair, valves £90.90 Car is running smooth again, had 3 red alerts, 2 for back tyres and the other for tyre gunk out of date, Looks like they gave me the Honda 12 service which is fixed price for cars over 3 years, different...
  35. dweezle

Phone call #1 already :rolleyes: "Do you know your tyre pressure warning is on" yes I had new fronts fitted and it came on coming to you, I forgot to mention it, "Oh do you know you have a puncture in your offside rear and also your other is low" Ok not a problem I'll have them replaced when I...
  36. dweezle

FK2 Headlight

Here's Cox lighting options https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda/honda-civic-type-r/2015-2016-civic-type-r/2015-2016-civic-type-r-lighting/ If it's not listed then email them and they will send you a parts diagram
  37. dweezle

This is my 2nd, been using this one since my 2012 Fn2 gearbox & oil overfill nightmare from the other dealer, This is the one where I purchased the car from it's over an hour round trip, booking days off and relying on lifts so every visit leaves me confused and frustrated. I know VAT has...
  38. dweezle

Just dropped the car off for its now late 5yr service and valve clearance (flashback to last year's fiasco), well it was certainly an odd experience, I sanitised going in, approached someone YEP a life size cardboard Ant Mcpartlin, looked to my right YEP another cardboard cutout, now confused...
  39. dweezle

The story behind the pic https://www.motor1.com/news/434741/honda-civic-falls-off-lift/
  40. dweezle

My guess would be because it's hotter over there, looks like hot air would flow straight out to the fender vents?
  41. dweezle

3yrs from registered I'd have thought, but they might be generous and turn a blind eye
  42. dweezle

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Had the Assy 5s fitted to the fronts earlier, mobile fitter zero contact, paid over the phone, locking nuts left behind wheel etc, no interruption with work so will do me. Went with the 5s as I have the 3s on the rear and also no one stocks the 3s online, I asked over the phone on condition of...
  43. dweezle

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Might just replace the fronts now, rears look ok. Ive got the car booked in for service and valve clearance on the 22nd, mot the following week so wanted to get them swapped. The car is also feeling a bit meh on acceleration, some days it feels a bit laggy even with +R, So I'm wondering if it's...
  44. dweezle

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Working and turning in to a miserable cnut :lol:
  45. dweezle

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

The PS4s were going to be my next purchase but the Assy 5s are coming in cheaper and rated higher than the PS4s in reviews
  46. dweezle

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Anyone tried the Goodyear Assy 5s yet?
  47. dweezle

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Genuinely made me smile :) I have no idea why :smt102 but in a good way, Sticking with Honda or moving on again?
  48. dweezle

7hrs and still missed the dirty number plate
  49. dweezle

FK2 P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction

Yes very lucky, all dealerships are now closed, my service is due but no bother. I still can't believe that price to replace injectors, seems excessive to me but then again I'm not a mechanic
  50. dweezle

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

Honda's pads are about 20 quid from ECP, same part, If you go on Brembos site you can cross reference Honda's part numbers, You then realise you are being robbed left right and centre
  51. dweezle

FK8 Front brake discs - Brembo replacements

OEM are Brembos
  52. dweezle

FK2 P0203 – No 3 injector circuit malfunction

3.5k for what?
  53. dweezle

FK2 Oil level raised above max

5w30 I think they recommend as well, 0/20 is mainly fuel efficiency
  54. dweezle

Not all bad Fred as said some dilution is normal in modern day cars, 6mth changes will continue for me then, or go up a grade, I also recommend switching the stop start off every time, I'm sure this don't help cars
  55. dweezle

FK2 Wheel corrosion

Nope, You have more chance of finding a leprechaun riding a unicorn, Someone challenged it and was basically told poor maintenance
  56. dweezle

Thought driving home, piano black might of been Mugens colour
  57. dweezle

Usually piano black but not sure if it carried over to the fk2
  58. dweezle

So it's now become a Civic Sport :lol:
  59. dweezle

YUASA on ebay starting at a tenner, collection only
  60. dweezle

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

He's not or you're not :lol: I had 2 names you were the other but I assumed not as you have already just purchased
  61. dweezle

EP3 2 NEW type R Models confirmed ! LIGHT WEIGHT & SPORT Line , black seats back too !

Don't underestimate them selling quick, these will be purchased and either stored or used for minimal miles, True Honda diehards will probably be already enquiring and dropping deposits, Soon as I read it someone's name popped up in my head but I'll keep it to myself for his discretion
  62. dweezle

FK8 Modified clutch slave cylinder

And upgraded suspension
  63. dweezle

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

Jack the front up and spin one wheel
  64. dweezle

Rubmifer's FK2

TPS was an issue for quite a few at the beginning, it would pop up for the majority on long straight runs, not had mine pop up for some time now
  65. dweezle

Rubmifer's FK2

You need to reset the TPS after pumping them up, Pics not showing for me :(
  66. dweezle

FN2 FN2 GT 'Plus'?!?

Wasn't there an fn2 released that is quite rare, possibly stripped down
  67. dweezle

Sounds like you should have got the FK2
  68. dweezle

I should have said, It's an outside smell not inside, when I fall out of the car I catch a waft in the air nothing to worry about. It retains a lot of heat under the bonnet, sometimes I pop out in my dinner to dip oil and you can still feel warmth
  69. dweezle

It's only the normal waft of hot engine smell, it's the turbo area that gets hot and that's all I'm smelling, I've good a nose :) All temps are fine, been the same since day one. Car is paid off now so I'm 560 a month richer, so plans for me, alloys, bonnet, boot skin, wrap/protection and...
  70. dweezle

Not seen the blue one, I've seen the white one in the area and also spotted it driving through my home town, been told about the red one and also a black sporting full on Halford decals
  71. dweezle

700 odd, but would help the heating issues, Even in winter I'm smelling hot engine when I get home, and that's plodding along behind slow drivers
  72. dweezle

I've not seen your car for a while now, I did wonder if you had sold up already, I think there's 3 knocking about the area now
  73. dweezle

Bonnet pics on here https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Customization-Shop/hzperformance/posts/ You will need to scroll down, they have a 2nd version in production which they posted in December so further down the page, that's looking like end of February release
  74. dweezle

They have dealt with the cooling issues that they originally said weren't an issue :rolleyes: I'm liking that blue though, looks good, secretive interior, suspension tweaks, could be worth holding out for if in the market for one
  75. dweezle

Bonnet will be one of HZ dynamics, I did fire off an email querying possible fitment issues with the GruppeM but still haven't received any kind of reply, I would usually say your loss and purchase elsewhere but seeing as they are in my county and the only ones making them I'll wait. Wrap won't...
  76. dweezle

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Yeah read that, took 9 grand with them to purchase a Mercedes pulled up at the registered address within minutes their phone rang asking where they were and seconds later a transit pulled up blocked them off and pulled guns out, bloke got a massive beating as well, Manchester area and apparently...
  77. dweezle

FK8 New Owner

You don't get many car thief's carrying spare gearboxes
  78. dweezle

Decided on going for a full wrap maybe this year at some point, quick wash of the car today and I noticed loads of new stone chips have appeared on the bonnet and quite a few are going orange already. Vented bonnet is happening and maybe a complete colour change wrap
  79. dweezle

You need to lose those rose tinted glasses :lol:
  80. dweezle

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Be wary with the Albanians, they thrive off gumtree. Turn up in groups and play the distraction purchase (oil in coolant bottle is the usual trick) They scammed my mate with his Q7
  81. dweezle

FK8 New Owner

The fk2 has it, It knocked my male ego when I found out, I thought I was a hill start god when traffic stopped halfway up a steep hill
  82. dweezle

FK8 New Owner

It should have hill start assist
  83. dweezle

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Cough cough same engine 2017 Type S :lol:
  84. dweezle

It's the interior on the black edition that makes the car, vent trims and those seats :cool:
  85. dweezle

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

That's what I love about the fk2, they look good all year round :lol:
  86. dweezle

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Don't want any, if there's no pics it didn't happen :smt022:smt022
  87. dweezle

FK2 rear wheel arch protectors

Ceramic certainly hasn't stopped chips on mine, I noticed too many last Friday, bonnet, roof, doors and those rear arches. I'm tempted in the future to try that new healing wrap and go for an all over makeover, The firm isn't that far from me but the whole procedure is so clinical, the car has...
  88. dweezle

FK8 FK8 Pop up hood sensors

The above rings a bell, I can't remember if it was an fk2 or an fk8 owner but it needed the lot replacing
  89. dweezle

Forgot to add the link :freak:
  90. dweezle

Read this yesterday (I know the bloke can be a bit...) but it explains oil dilution in modern direct injection engines and how it happens, I'm glad I stuck to 6 month oil changes with this 0/20 https://autoexpert.com.au/posts/engine-oil-diluted-with-fuel-the-facts-for-2018
  91. dweezle

Just goes to show how these fk's have affected Honda's reputation we instantly assumed a fault :lol:
  92. dweezle

Surely still under the 3 year warranty?
  93. dweezle

I think it's first Honda nerves :) I questioned everything with my fn2, even to the point of having the box refurbed, now It's more "MEH" it runs fine
  94. dweezle

The dipstick is terrible, you have to be quick to read it before it runs everywhere and I'm sure it reads higher one side. I think I suggested it before but buy a 2nd dipstick and strip the orange plastic off and use that for your dips, you're left with bare metal and the original min and max...
  95. dweezle

FN2 Is the Mugen edition FN2 worth the extra money ?

Correction 45k https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/honda/civic-type-r/honda-civic-type-r-mugen-20-fn2/10216980
  96. dweezle

FN2 Is the Mugen edition FN2 worth the extra money ?

Or buy a Cw fn2 which is also limited edition, same spec as the Mugen 200 just different splitters and alloys. I'd say go for the Cw edition as it will be cheaper leaving you money to mod. The Mugen 200 is just an fn2 with a diff (same as the Cw edition) it's the Mugen 20 that is totally...
  97. dweezle

And your engine :lol:
  98. dweezle

If you're well-hung, attractive and have a muscly body then we're far from similar :lol:
  99. dweezle

I took mine out that morning and hid it under my microfibre towel in the lower compartment just in case they marked it on record. Mid service a tech approaches the head service chap, having a discussion looking my way, I'm instantly thinking they've found problems, head honcho comes up and says...
Back