• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Bazzagt4

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

I have the same problem with mine now, A job I plan on doing very soon, Will the Lacquer need to be heat resistant I wonder? Good to see you back young man :)
  2. Bazzagt4

Another FK8...

Nice one Tim, enjoy the new car
  3. Bazzagt4

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Beautiful, just beautiful :)
  4. Bazzagt4

370z Nismo

superb choice young man #driftking
  5. Bazzagt4

FK8 Owning a FK8 during the Covid Lockdown

Mine is my daily so gets used but work is only 20mins away so not great, I just want to do some rd trips but can't, took my lad back to uni after Christmas so 200mile round trip, nailed it down the A1 , god I love this car, would only sell to release the money nothing else I drove comes close to...
  6. Bazzagt4

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

Hi Buddy, Still very happy with the car and its current mods, Since fitting the Remus with front pipe it has once again transformed the car , Way more power than I need esp this time of year, I have no issues with Hondata and don't regret my purchase, all mods seem to work together well in my...
  7. Bazzagt4

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Not too shabby. Best colour in my opinion :cool: Enjoy the ride Baz
  8. Bazzagt4

My Polished Metal Metallic FK8

Thats awesome, I hope it lives up to your expectations, mine makes me smile every time I get in it , not many cars have done that so I know I chose well. regards Baz
  9. Bazzagt4

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

This made me spit my coffee all over the mouse mat :eek::eek: Thanks
  10. Bazzagt4

only been on for 3 weeks now, it has become slightly louder as its "Bedded in".I also start early (leave at 5:30am) and don't open the valve until I have left the village , so easy to use with the booth button or have the app on my phone. The carbon tips are are over £400 more than the standard...
  11. Bazzagt4

I love it, great power gain, car feels much more lively, great appearance, love the Carbon tips, sound controller is a great investment, OEM sound with valve closed but nice and roarty with valve open, Mrs hasn't even twigged the car has it on its so good :D Negative side is the cost but you...
  12. Bazzagt4

EP3 Back with an FK8

Nice one, I had an EP3 , the engine blew so sold it, Picked up a Mini Cooper as a stop gap, loved it for 2 years then needed to be back in a R so grabbed a cracking FK8 They are so much fun and like you say grab loads of attention, enjoy, I've had mine since March and still look forward to...
  13. Bazzagt4

Untitled by Barry Cross, on Flickr Untitled by Barry Cross, on FlickrUntitled by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  14. Bazzagt4

EP3 Side Skirt Removal

Hi, From memory with the plastic rivets removed from underneath the Skirts then slide forward, Mine were full of a silty mud and were very heavy :eek: The clips do get brittle and can break to worth getting new before you start. Good luck
  15. Bazzagt4

Latest mod is a full Remus system with sound controller and Carbon fibre tips option.347F036F-CA59-4E2E-816B-9D42014151A8 by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  16. Bazzagt4

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Exactly , I'm getting fed up at work of all the Non car lovers saying my car will be scrapped in 8 years, are these people really that stupid, even educated sensible people appear confused, They wont just ban cars. Folk will believe anything these days
  17. Bazzagt4

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Well I put mine at the bottom of the steering wheel spoke, Idea was its easy to tap without my hand leaving the wheel, I haven't caught it yet while steering but may move it if it becomes annoying. Regards Baz
  18. Bazzagt4

EP3 FK8 exhausts

The top pic should play a video of cold start up at 50% valve , Hopefully get the Whole range on video when the weather is better. As usual though the Sound quality is rubbish and it don't really sound the same, This was the problem I was having when trying to choose the exhaust, you just cant...
  19. Bazzagt4

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Well went ahead with the Remus inc sound controller and carbon tips, fitment is superb, quality is superb and sound is addictive 74BC8EB1-F561-407B-8077-468170E1A597 by Barry Cross, on Flickr 0AC453A1-48DC-4D84-B48F-663379451FEA by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  20. Bazzagt4

What did you do to your Type R today?

me too now, thanks for the spot, gonna remove it all, a job I've been meaning to do for ages Baz
  21. Bazzagt4

Not too loud even with valve open 100%, build quality is superb, tips are beautiful but never worth £700 rrp. Moving from 60mm did tube to 76mm makes such a huge difference in the pull of the car through the gears, just shows how restrictive the standard system is. overall love it as it gives...
  22. Bazzagt4

Finally got my Remus fitted 76BD5867-87FA-480A-9497-3BB7D7A7928B by Barry Cross, on Flickr 0AC453A1-48DC-4D84-B48F-663379451FEA by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  23. Bazzagt4

EP3 Windscreen delaminating

I'm currently going through a warranty claim for the same thing, been waiting for a response for a couple of weeks but due to lockdown it may take a while to get back to me. I will update you on the outcome of my case., Mine is top corners aswell Baz
  24. Bazzagt4

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

just beautiful :cool:
  25. Bazzagt4

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

Main reason I got a full size spare, jack etc......It may be a pain lugging it about but at least I am in full control if I get a flat/damaged alloy. Baz
  26. Bazzagt4

EP3 Tyre Trouble & Jacks

My FK didn't come with a Jack, Brought one from Amazon that fitted in the compartment on the left in the boot. Regards
  27. Bazzagt4

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Great result. Great choice on colour, I'm sure you wont regret it, they are amazing cars Take care, Baz
  28. Bazzagt4

I initially had the Heko ones as I didn't want to pay £200 for the Mugen or OEM ones, I ran with the Hekos for 2 months and hated them, they were a bad fit, noisey and looked odd. I ended up buying the Mugen ones and they are a world apart in design, quality and no wind noise, there is a moral...
  29. Bazzagt4

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Well I'm speaking to "AReeve motorsport" from kings Lynn and they are costing me up a Remus system. They are big into Minis and race in support of the BTCC so know the FK8 well. Good vibes so far and only 10 mins down the rd from me. Regards
  30. Bazzagt4

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Well i'm in the market for an Exhaust and love the Remus with valve controller but don't love the cost, are there any other valved exhausts out there or will having a resonated system allow for quiet around town but loud when blasting around the local B roads. its a lot of money and don't want...
  31. Bazzagt4

and get a re map from Paul at the same time :twisted: Good shout
  32. Bazzagt4

Thanks for that, yeah, I've been quoted over £2,600 fitted and seems pretty high, time to shop around I think Regards
  33. Bazzagt4

Hi Mate, Did you get the remus fitted by Dream? if so how much did they charge for fitting. Regards
  34. Bazzagt4

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Nice day for it, Enjoy Regards
  35. Bazzagt4

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

I hope Dotty doesn't mind me answering your question :D I fitted the Mugens and amazed at how well made they are and are perfectly shaped to the window, I had Heko before and these are worlds apart in design, fitment and wind noise, Only down side to me is cleaning behind them and getting all...
  36. Bazzagt4

90D2C9B0-318F-43E4-8ACA-981116650972_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr 7DF1A777-5B70-4D71-9A40-9AD86F569AA0_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr 663F4A19-8CD9-4FB2-AA69-864D7EAD05A9_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  37. Bazzagt4

Last update for now........ Well I finally hade the time and location to get some good solid Data logging done and safely away from heavy traffic (early morning runs on the only bit of dual carriageway for miles) some good data collected allowing Paul to finish fine tuning the map then uploaded...
  38. Bazzagt4

FK8 Illuminated door sills - worth the money?

I have them along with the interior pack , They came with the car and are a nice touch but I wouldn't have paid all that money for them, better things to spend money on really. Probs not a great answer but everything is a personal choice on these cars. Baz
  39. Bazzagt4

exactly that Chris Baz
  40. Bazzagt4

****UPDATE**** well we are now onto V2 of the remote mapping and the car feels way more powerful again, this has given me huge smiles but has also thrown me some dilemmas, to get the Datalogging required involves some serious speed and hard driving, this is really hard to do living in rural...
  41. Bazzagt4

The final Honda?

Glad it stayed with an enthusiast, will be following your progress, my son has a silver FN2, lovely cars. Enjoy Baz
  42. Bazzagt4

Thanks Mark, I love it, It hasn't disappointed me in any way so far, im currently Data-logging the Hondata ready to send to Paul West so he can fine tune my base map for a bit more power then im gonna just enjoy it until I can save for a nice exhaust. Baz
  43. Bazzagt4

Mugen Deflectors fitted, superb fit and feel solid compared to the Heko ones 86B511D1-8DE2-4DF9-8763-45C2CAD3B3DF_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  44. Bazzagt4

Hi, Bad rubbing on door trim and never fitted correctly, there is a small tab on the front windows that had no recess on the Hekos so they were forced out all the time, also the rears seemed too short and would fall when the windows were opened, tried using the clips but the window wouldn't...
  45. Bazzagt4

Hi Mark, Paid £200 from Tegiwa using their discount code so not too bad, I looked at the OEM but preferred the shape of the Mugen ones Regards Baz
  46. Bazzagt4

That's a tough one, I have to say it has a harder pull in 2nd 3rd and 4th , better pick up in 5th and 6th without changing down, Car feels rocket powered from before and its quick out of the box anyway. I only have eventuri induction and always run on high octane fuel, the difference is very...
  47. Bazzagt4

My Heko wind deflectors are ***** and damaging my window trim so will be fitting a set of Mugen ones tomorrow, should not have been a tight fecker in the 1st place. I never learn. that's all Baz
  48. Bazzagt4

Sorry for the lack of update, I have been on holiday and work is now very busy, excuses excuses I know. I am currently Datalogging the base map so Paul will have more info for a better tune to my driving style and setup, Paul never really pushed K tuner and to be fair I was wanting to go with...
  49. Bazzagt4

Well I took the plunge and went with Hondata through Paul West and paid for a remote tune. It was more complicated than I thought but im rubbish with computers so for most its a walk in the park. So ECU jailbroken and new map up loaded and what a difference, night and day different, more pull...
  50. Bazzagt4

FK8 Insurance ...

Hi, I know insurance quotes use many variables to reach a figure like location, driving history, modified etc, but I was very impressed with the Saga quote and had to ring them to check all was correct. I never seem to renew with the same insurer for more than a year so shopping around has...
  51. Bazzagt4

FK8 Insurance ...

Hi, Im very lucky as im old (55) so have just moved over to SAGA :eek: they were the best deal at £302.00 for the year with no excess, protected NCB what with that and only £145 tax this is a very cheap car to run for the power it has. Hastings were my previous insurer but were £395 for the...
  52. Bazzagt4

I always use the Genuine 3M 1080 wrap and its never pulled any paint, If you want to remove its always a good idea to use heat and remove it by peeling back at 180 degrees to the painted surface. Baz
  53. Bazzagt4

Hi Chap, Well I just laid a large strip over the area and flattened it out using a felt pad , this time of year its warm enough to make the wrap very soft and pliable, then with a very sharp scalpel followed the line to cut, you just "lay" the blade, never force or push as it will score...
  54. Bazzagt4

Just a cheeky little mod this weekend. Carbon details by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  55. Bazzagt4

Thats real spooky as I did the same to mine over the weekend, looks ok to me. https://www.flickr.com/photos/188440047@N03/shares/fnTMC7
  56. Bazzagt4

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

So pleased you are keeping the FK, I know I have only had mine a short time but I really couldn't see me having anything else right now, I just can't find one real thing that ****es me off at the mo, it's a superb B road blaster and living in North Norfolk there are plenty to play on. I'm yet to...
  57. Bazzagt4

Turns out you need to pay this $250 on top of the price of the hardware so raises the cost significantly, for some reason I didn't twig this at the time so pushes the price way over £1,300 inc a remote tune, thinking maybe better to use this on a nice exhaust instead, decisions decisions, can't...
  58. Bazzagt4

I am hearing what you are saying, but my mods will be minimal compared to that FK , Im not looking for huge power just good solid map that will work with maybe intake and exhaust and sit me in the mid 350bhp. I will trust Paul to give me the info and support he is renowned for Baz
  59. Bazzagt4

changing signature

Thats great, Thank you, all sorted now;) Baz
  60. Bazzagt4

changing signature

hi guys, my sig still shows my old EP3 and I want to Add my FK, I have looked but can't seem to see away of changing it, is it locked? Thanks in advance Baz
  61. Bazzagt4

many thanks for your input gents, I have made contact with Paul and see what can be done, it sucks living in north Norfolk as you are miles from anyone but maybe stuff can be done remotely nowadays or its a great excuse for a road trip. Baz
  62. Bazzagt4

Hi Loxy, that's great info, thank you, I have read a fair bit about Paul West so think he will be my 1st contact to pick his brain. Baz
  63. Bazzagt4

evening chaps, i'm carrying out some research into the ECU tuning and everything leads me back to Hondata , I know this may sound basic but does it need Mapping after install or do you just Jailbreak the ECU and then do it yourself, this would scare me as I would be playing with parameters I...
  64. Bazzagt4

2011 FN2 Deep Sapphire Blue

Hi Jon and welcome, that is one fine looking FN2, love the colour and the rages look superb, great combo. look forward to your updates Baz
  65. Bazzagt4

couple more shots after a good detail last week, Untitled by Barry Cross, on Flickr 6C67DC4D-9093-43BE-82DB-AE8D76BD93D0_1_201_a by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  66. Bazzagt4

Also fitted this cheeky little oil cap from my friend at CTC Performance Untitled by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  67. Bazzagt4

Finally fitted my Eventuri induction kit, looks beautiful and sounds superb. Untitled by Barry Cross, on Flickr
  68. Bazzagt4

FK8 Hardwired dash cam Whats good to buy FK8

Just for reference if anyone hunts for info on dash cams for the FK8 I piggy backed fuse number 1 10A for the acc 12v and fuse 16 20A for the perm 12v fuse box located by drivers right knee (uk car), all works superb and camera now records if car senses any movement etc whilst parked. Regards
  69. Bazzagt4

Luke's FN2

great update, looking good, super clean headlamps really lift the front of the car.
  70. Bazzagt4

Hi Mate, yes fitted myself and had a few niggles to be fair, lower scoop was a pig to fit and needed to completely remove the earth lead out of the way, refitted later once scoop was in place, smeared lots of silicone grease over the bottom of the scoop and the oil feed pipes to help it locate...
  71. Bazzagt4

Thanks for all your help, I have gone with the Road angel Halo pro system front and rear camera , hard wire kit and 128gb card. My next question is what fuses to piggy back onto can someone let me know what ones they connected to for constant 12v and acc 12v. thanks again
  72. Bazzagt4

Hi Folks, Well I have had her for a week now and due to Lockdown I haven't done more than 10 miles , but the 10 I have done have been superb and I find myself smiling just sitting behind the wheel, I will update this thread with the small and large mods I do along the way, I plan to keep her...
  73. Bazzagt4

Fitted this little beauty, she now sounds lovely and can hear the dump valve
  74. Bazzagt4

Thanks for that, great info, I want to keep the camera on when the car is off as I like it monitored when parked up etc, I'm sure I will need a permeant live for that. Regards
  75. Bazzagt4

Hi folks, I'm looking for a hardwired dash cam for the new car, what are people using, where is the best place to locate it on the screen and how have you hardwired it in, what fuse to piggy back etc........ thanks in advance
  76. Bazzagt4

Hi Mate, well I had paid a deposit for a red one at Vertu Honda Boston and then they went into lockdown before I had even got to see it, it had done 25k and was £25,000, that was back in late march. fast forward a few weeks and a guy comes onto a Facebook page looking to sell his FK8 for...
  77. Bazzagt4

Hi David, well I went for the cheapo Heko ones as I had just spent over £1,200 on a Eventuri induction and it was a bad move, they don't fit well and the rears are just not long enough, gonna leave it a while then go for the Mugen ones I think. Still got the Eventuri to fit on Monday so looking...
  78. Bazzagt4

Well it took me over two year but I now Have my own FK8 so can legitimately post in here now :cool: Fitted some wind deflectors and my typeR owners club stickers ;) that's all for now , there will be more, lots more regards Baz
  79. Bazzagt4

finally back in a R

Its been 2 years in the making but I'm finally back in a TypeR and what a beast she is. more pics to come and let the modding commence
  80. Bazzagt4

Hi guys, Well I put a deposit on a lovely red FK8 10 days ago and then the dealership went into lockdown as they were carrying out the PDI, so she is sitting in the dealership waiting. Even if she was sitting on my drive at least i could sit in it and clean it. No news on when they may continue...
  81. Bazzagt4

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

This colour is really growing on me now, need to see it in the flesh but looking at prices of 2nd hand FK8’s this colour always seems £1k on average lower than the others, Is it metallic/pearlescent ?
  82. Bazzagt4

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

WOW, didn't know You had this, awesome for Jamie and you, will be be watching your progress :cool: regards
  83. Bazzagt4

EP3 Carbon dipped dash

That looks awesome, great job regards
  84. Bazzagt4

EP3 Has anyone fitted these to their EP

it would appear people think they are Adrian Newey and have a degree in airflow dynamics :eek: would look crap on a standard road car, the things people buy , just my opinion of course, we all have different tastes Laters
  85. Bazzagt4

Newby!

Welcome along. enjoy the ride :D
  86. Bazzagt4

I'm so glad this forum is still going!

Welcome back Ryan, I have also been away for a while after blowing up my EP3, now looking for a FK2 , I have been attending meets in the interim but its not the same without a TypeR I'm also glad this forum is still as active as it was, way better than the current facebook mess. regards
  87. Bazzagt4

Fk8 nicked

what a horrible thing to happen, I wouldn't want it back if someone has been abusing it , the world is full of scum
  88. Bazzagt4

EP3 no power, sounds like a tractor, misfire on all cylinders help

Sorry I haven’t been replying folks but the whole thing has done my head, I’m not a rich man and I’m not able to install a complete engine on my gravel drive in winter, the whole timing of this has also caused problems as I have my son going to Uni this year and Netty’s car is also on its last...
  89. Bazzagt4

Engine is beyond repair so that’s the end of that, anyone want a superb Prem with blown engine. Gutted Baz
  90. Bazzagt4

Hi Mike, Thanks for your offer of help, the AA man who recovered me carried out a check of the codes and the ecu was carrying misfire on cylinders 1,3 & 4 , these were cleared but as we couldn’t restart the car we couldn’t be sure they had gone but to be honest the backfiring when trying to...
  91. Bazzagt4

Hi folks, Driving to work this morning and the engine just gave out after a spirited bit of driving and dropping down a gear or two, car was reving high and then suddenly I had this horrible sound like a old tractor and lights on the dash. All coil pack have been checked and plugs although a...
  92. Bazzagt4

Where do I find a feed for an accessory to come on with my lights EP3

Update to close this question off. Thanks to Lewis I used the light to the ashtray in the end and it worked perfectly so thanks for you idea, I would never had known there was a light in there as I don’t think I have ever opened it not being a smoker, I even forgot it was there as it’s out of...
  93. Bazzagt4

That’s a good cool but I was hoping to keep the wiring up by the cluster so was hoping someone knew the colour of the wire that entered the speedo cluster on one of the two connector blocks so I can tap into that. Regards
  94. Bazzagt4

Hi folks, I’m wanting to connect an external gauge and want it to light up when I turn my lights on, where would I find the + cable for this to happen, somewhere nr to the instrument cluster would suit me better. Regards Baz
  95. Bazzagt4

EP3 Problems starting the EP3

Hi folks, Not sure what’s going on with my EP3 right now, for some reason the car just won’t start sometime, there seems to be no power in the battery yet it’s fully charged and putting out 13,8v when running, when I turn the key the car has no power and just clicks, not even any lights on...
  96. Bazzagt4

Opps , must pay more attention, I will get back to my EP3 section , it’s way too posh in here, Baz runs out :smt039
  97. Bazzagt4

Fitted the doughnut gasket to my exhaust as it was blowing badly, sounds sweet again now. Baz
  98. Bazzagt4

EP3 Unsilenced B-pipe with OEM backbox.

Hi, I have an unsilenced B Pipe (M2) with a standard back box, if you blip the throttle when the engine is cold it can be a little raspy but not bad by any means, once the system has warmed up its not very loud at all and I use my car daily, for me its a great little mod as the car look...
  99. Bazzagt4

Hard wiring a Dashcam to my EP3

I did think of that but that fuse is located in the fuse box under the bonnet if I remember correctly, thanks for the suggestion. Regards Baz
  100. Bazzagt4

Hard wiring a Dashcam to my EP3

Hi folks, I am trying to hardwire my Dashcam into my EP3, the camera has a park record feature that senses movement around the car and records while the car is stationary. The wiring kit has two feeds via a fuse that sits in the fuse box one is acc and one is constant 12v , my question is...
Back