• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. EP3 Pete

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

For sale thread updated and now a bargain at £2,500!! Advertised outside of the TRO forum for the first time now too so be quick if you want a ridiculously clean EG :D
  2. EP3 Pete

EP3 Pete's... FN2 (awkward)

Been a while since ive updated the thread, since my last post I have done the following few jobs:- 1) Replaced tatty gear gaiter with new oem item. 2) Full service and FRSU by Grinspeed. 3) Removed and polished door kick plates. Looking at getting the car professionally detailed and a HKS...
  3. EP3 Pete

Another couple of bits ticked off the list. I removed the front grille to have a proper nose around the radiator/behind the front end and fit a new badge at the same time, everything bar a couple of rusty bolts looks in good order and straight, managed to give everything a good wipe over at...
  4. EP3 Pete

Last Sunday turned out to be a lot drier than the forecast had given out, so I decided to replace the rear light clusters and get rid of a couple of Honda boxes that had started to take over the dining room :D The two rear quarter lights were a piece of cake to fit, two bolts and a locater tab...
  5. EP3 Pete

Thanks Ed I'll see if he's got anything left :)
  6. EP3 Pete

Do love that rear bumper with the round exhaust outlets!! once I've fitted the trolley full of parts from Cox the to do list might look something like the below:- Full service/health check from Stevie at Grinspeed Mugen front bumper Mugen grille Mugen bonnet Mugen rear bumper Mugen spoiler Team...
  7. EP3 Pete

Collected the two rear quarter lenses and Type R badge from Telford Honda yesterday so just need a nice weekend now to replace everything and give the car a good clean. looking at the weather forecast I'm anticipating sometime during July!! ffs did start looking at mugen parts using paul at...
  8. EP3 Pete

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Great thread this, superb attention to detail!!
  9. EP3 Pete

as far as I know it's on standard springs, I'll take a look at the photos and sort them out, on my laptop they look the right way up lol
  10. EP3 Pete

Haha I thought you would be pal! The FN2 did surprise me it's a very good car and once I've replaced the bits I want to it should look the part too :)
  11. EP3 Pete

Standard 'buy a new car and then spend a small fortune on parts' update. So after buying the FN2 I went over the whole car and came up with a list of bits and pieces that I wanted to add/replace, being honest I probably went over the top i.e. algae in the light clusters? equals buy new light...
  12. EP3 Pete

As a few of you might have known I had been on the hunt for a DC5, however, the two issues I came across was firstly, to import one of these from Japan is getting pretty damn expensive and secondly to find an already imported DC5 in amazing condition is even harder. After a couple of months of...
  13. EP3 Pete

For sale section now updated.
  14. EP3 Pete

Car now available for sale, will get a thread put up in the for sale section during the week. Asking price is £3500 if anyone on the forum is interested.
  15. EP3 Pete

Thanks lads, everyone advising to keep the EG rather than buy a DC5 is telling me something. I'll get an email off to Ben at TDI and drop Tom a message too.
  16. EP3 Pete

Thanks Darren, briefly mentioned it to Ben at TDi during the week and said I might drop an email into the shop. A K20 with bolt ons and a map in an EG would be sh1ts and giggles thats for sure. Never owned a DC5, hard to find a good one but there's one at Torque GT that looks nice and one at...
  17. EP3 Pete

Indecision has started to come knocking and after moving house and not really having the space for two cars here's my options:- 1) Keep the EG as my daily completely original. 2) Keep the EG as my daily and throw some money at it with a k-swap 3) Sell the EG and buy myself a DC5 Open to the...
  18. EP3 Pete

Sadly (for me) the EG might be up for sale in the near future, its genuinely the cleanest original EG you will find in the UK so if anyone is interested by all means drop me a PM. Would love to see it go to a fellow Honda enthusiast.
  19. EP3 Pete

Right, finally found the place and price that I am happy with for the respray, downside is that it might be a 6 month wait due to pre booked job commitments and the need to book in a 4 week window to get the respray completed. At least it gives me a bit longer to keep changing my mind about...
  20. EP3 Pete

thanks for the input lads :) I'm now leaning towards cosmic grey as my first option with a tasteful set of gloss black wheels. also considering putting the 335i up for sale to fund a bit of a larger project with the EG, will probably miss the luxury motoring but will give me some pennies to...
  21. EP3 Pete

WelshyWelsh's FK8

stunning mate, enjoy!!
  22. EP3 Pete

glad I opened the question up now thanks lads, Ed think you're the winner so far mate totally forgot that limited colour they did on the FN2.
  23. EP3 Pete

Right lads and ladies I need some inspiration. Thinking of having a full respray on the civic as haven't warmed to the Harvard Blue. So far my shortlist is NHB, CW, CG and MR what do we think??? edit: this could just be the start of a big build FML lol
  24. EP3 Pete

A few photos from the Midlands Breakfast Club meet held last Sunday. Definitely worth a trip out if you are within a fair distance of the Shrewsbury/Oswestry border, held every 2-3 months, free entry and a couple of bits onsite for the kids so can be a real family morning out. Great to see a...
  25. EP3 Pete

NYA's Supercharged R53 Cooper S *work in progress*

modern day motor or a classic??
  26. EP3 Pete

Got the car back last night and really happy with how it's turned out. absolutely covered in dust including in all the sills so back to the drawing board with another deep clean but will get some pictures up post wash and polish. 22 year old EG now has less dents in it than my 3 series haha
  27. EP3 Pete

lol unable to confirm the presence of said child. have to admit I presumed they had parked there to give themselves some extra space but obviously could be wrong. not the colour/wheel colour I would automatically choose but was a stunning car, interior looking lovely, loads of carbon fibre...
  28. EP3 Pete

Haha, already got 3 cars on the drive - think the neighbours would ask if I was setting up a dealership if another one rocked up :D Managed to get some really rubbish photos of a few of the bits that are hopefully going to get sorted tomorrow, might even have the car back on Tuesday evening...
  29. EP3 Pete

Good shout/spot Karl, lovely little build that. A really clean Kswap is the route I would go down if an engine swap does happen, leaning far more towards the K rather than the also popular B series swaps. Stevie at Grinspeed would definitely be the first call I'd make too. The only thing...
  30. EP3 Pete

I'm not sure if an FK2 engine in an EG chassis would even be possible but would certainly tick the sh*ts and giggles box :D K20 swap still seems to be the weapon of choice and would be easier to source (although finding a good one is the key) damn you all for throwing engine combinations and...
  31. EP3 Pete

:D :D Git, don't say that!! haha
  32. EP3 Pete

wings and front bumper are being resprayed and dent in passenger wing being filled, partial rear quarter respray and dent in wheel arch being filled, bonnet dents being popped out and sunroof rust being treated and sprayed. really good price for all that too and the guy dropped out he used to...
  33. EP3 Pete

EG off to the body shop on Monday. quite a few bits being given a freshen up so can't wait to see how well she turns out
  34. EP3 Pete

good news buddy and fingers crossed, loved this at JAE 2015
  35. EP3 Pete

not quite in Karl territory but the old EP3 had a few quid in it :D
  36. EP3 Pete

Cheers pal, how's the 32 coming on? still hoping to make JAE?
  37. EP3 Pete

Pretty boring update, but an update none the less lol. Decided to get the wiper arms freshened up after Honda confirmed (unsurprisingly) that replacement parts have been discontinued. Got myself a can of Halfords Satin Black (cheers Darren for recommending) and gave them four light coats...
  38. EP3 Pete

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Absolutely in for this one, just yes!!
  39. EP3 Pete

also saw some carbon fibre body parts on the Internet the other day and had to click back before I started pricing things up haha
  40. EP3 Pete

Thanks guys, I'll have a look at the halfords satin black or hycote as options if honda can't source me a new set (very unlikely) can't say turning into a monster hasn't crossed my mind but it's hard to justify pulling apart such a clean original, if it was a bit rougher it would be an easier...
  41. EP3 Pete

Another small job sorted this morning, doesn't look perfect but is 10x better than it looked before I started. Don't think the Honda parts department opens on a Saturday but might swing by on the off chance to see if I can two new wiper arms ordered, not holding out too much hope so will...
  42. EP3 Pete

Initial exterior deep clean, polish and wax done! actually turned out a lot better than expected, body shop chap coming over next week to quote for all the odd little bits to be tidied up. Engine bay is next on the list for a clean.
  43. EP3 Pete

Something along such lines mate... lol
  44. EP3 Pete

Thanks mate and trust me it's not my usual style but is just too clean to start pulling her apart lol Re the exhaust potentially mate, the only reason for considering a stainless system is due to the current mild steel system showing signs of rust so thinking of longevity really.
  45. EP3 Pete

Thanks Darren, hoping to get to JAE this year so put me down for a passenger ride in the skyline if you are going :D
  46. EP3 Pete

Thanks everyone, safe to say I am really pleased with her. No, not purchased to be used as a daily and keep the mileage down on the BM, complete opposite in fact and only planning to bring the EG out now and again when the weather is good and to keep everything moving - be surprised if she does...
  47. EP3 Pete

Started off the task of giving the EG a proper deep clean today, in general its in superb condition but does have two decades worth of grime and dirt inside some of the sills that needs getting at. Didn't spend a great deal of time this afternoon, but managed to get the boot well, tailgate...
  48. EP3 Pete

I thought it would be good to start a new thread for the EG and keep my original thread specific to the EP3 and 335i. 22 years old and the cleanest original example of an EG I have ever seen, had no choice but to buy her and bring her home there and then. She's got 30k on the clock and a...
  49. EP3 Pete

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

and you definitely don't have any reason not to do a crazy K20 swap lol
  50. EP3 Pete

To be fair Hazz I've seen a lot worse first cars lol I remember buying a pair of lexus rear lights for one of my early cars :D
  51. EP3 Pete

spent the weekend pondering what to do with the EG and initially I think I'm going to keep the mechanical parts as they are (whether this changes or not is a different story haha) the engine/gearbox is absolutely mint so my thoughts are it seems sad to change it with only 31k on the clocks...
  52. EP3 Pete

Quick photo from yesterday, still cannot believe how clean she is under the bonnet, inside and underneath. The exterior needs a bit of work to remove some dings and scratches that have happened over the last 22 years and potentially might go down the full respray route yet and get the bottom...
  53. EP3 Pete

Got her home and she's all tucked up in the garage, did put another 80 miles on her today lol Drives like a new car, the 1.5 engine is pretty responsive in a car that weighs around 980kg.
  54. EP3 Pete

Yes mate it is Ben's, off to fetch her from TDi on Friday :) quite excited as I've always loved the EG chassis
  55. EP3 Pete

Tom and Ed you evil temptresses!! Haha Its a 1.5lsi and absolutely mint only 31k on the clock from new, thinking of keeping it completely standard and only bringing it out for shows but then the other part of me wants to go full retard and go down the K20 swap route.
  56. EP3 Pete

Picking her up on Friday, still haven't decided what I am going to do with her lol Not an FD2 or FK8 :)
  57. EP3 Pete

So, looks as though I will soon be re-joining the Honda party!! :D :D :D
  58. EP3 Pete

Long overdue and relatively boring thread bump. Dropped the 335 off with BM Euroservice this morning for a service:- oil/filter, air filter and spark plugs. Also has a small gremlin where the I-drive is flagging up a driver side indicator fault, although everything is working fine so looks just...
  59. EP3 Pete

I turn my back for 5 minutes (okay 4 months) and the thread goes to sh*t :D Dank in all fairness the old girl looks great, awesome job on the correction something I always meant to do (or re-spray) at some point. Bonnet would have been bad as it spent a year or so in my folks shed after...
  60. EP3 Pete

Couple of photos of the business end too ;)
  61. EP3 Pete

Went and had the 335's alloys refurbished this week, absolute steal at £280 all in and they look as good as going and buying four brand new wheels off the shelve. No brainer really considering one new wheel would be around £380 from BMW, anyone in the West Midlands area looking for somewhere to...
  62. EP3 Pete

Made a start on cleaning up the BMW exhaust tips, bl00dy nightmare job but can see the difference between passenger and driver side already, most BMW's have push on replaceable exhaust tips but the 335i is all one system. Also booked in for the alloy wheel refurb and bonnet re-spray early August :)
  63. EP3 Pete

lol still hoping to make JAE with the genuine chance of rocking up in my dad's CR-V haha on the plus side will have my own picnic table win!!
  64. EP3 Pete

3 series sailed through it's first MOT under my ownership on Wednesday with zero advisories so as a treat im going to throw some money at her and get a few small jobs done, including a bonnet respray and alloy wheel refurb. apart from that a new set of mats, a couple of pieces of replacement...
  65. EP3 Pete

Look forward to seeing the photos from Spa :cool:
  66. EP3 Pete

The Bikerat

Loving this thread Jamie, glad to see you back tinkering about with a new project
  67. EP3 Pete

Ed, hope you and the family are okay pal? When you say a few bits need finishing how close is it to being complete?
  68. EP3 Pete

Been away for most of the weekend, but managed to give the inside of the 335i a good clean when I got home. Planning to go to the BMW show at Santapod next Sunday to scout it out so might not use the car much this week and just give the outside a good detail (weather dependent) on the Saturday...
  69. EP3 Pete

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Looks a cracking example mate, very clean!!
  70. EP3 Pete

Congratulations on the new purchase fella, enjoy it!! nice car history you've got too. Obviously being very biased but you couldn't of bought a better example, its been out of my ownership for about 6 months but it literally didn't go without anything during all the years I had her, really glad...
  71. EP3 Pete

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I saw my first one in Black yesterday afternoon, have to admit it looks very aggressive in Black. Still cant be tempted away from the rep mobile at the moment though!! :D
  72. EP3 Pete

Oil change day for the 335i which doesn't come in cheap when it takes 6.5ltrs of the stuff lol General service schedule is 2 years or 16k which in my mind is ridiculous so garage have tweaked the CBS to show 07/17 11k as the next interval, either way it will get changed next February though for...
  73. EP3 Pete

Type R #9 CW FD2

The car is just getting better and better dotty looks superb with some quality upgrades too!! Would be very tempted if you or Sims ever got bored of either of your car's.
  74. EP3 Pete

Walkden's Motors

Another one for the Lexus, does look very nice!! I used to own a IS 200 and they are very well built cars.
  75. EP3 Pete

McSherryMan's EP3

Nice mate, look forward to seeing some photos
  76. EP3 Pete

Loxy's Type R #5 - Milano Red FK2 GT

Your lucky my current average is 18.7mpg over the past 120 miles lol
  77. EP3 Pete

Watch "Ep3 hunting. Any advice?" on YouTube

Hi Jono No K20 engine likes to be left standing for more than a few days and idle hunting is a common problem if the car is left unused, hopefully a good couple of blasts will sort the hunting out (it did for me when I came back from holiday) but if not then the IACV strip and clean out should...
  78. EP3 Pete

Quick photo after yesterdays wash, didn't turn out too bad considering it was a bit of a rush job, alloys actually look pretty good :D
  79. EP3 Pete

Glad you liked the build thread mate, hopefully Jon is taking good care of her haha Sounds as though you are awaiting an FK2, enjoy buddy they are very impressive!! make sure you pop a build thread up.
  80. EP3 Pete

Managed to give the car a clean today, too cold to mess about for hours but it will do until the weather improves and it can get the full treatment. 335i badge back in its rightful place...
  81. EP3 Pete

Even though I am planning on keeping this one standard i have to admit i did have a quick look at intakes and exhausts. From memory there is a proper intake kit you can get but it's pretty expensive and then there is the open cone filters option that John has posted the link for and would be...
  82. EP3 Pete

Glad to hear you are enjoying it buddy, you deserve it after all the heartache in getting it haha It looks and sits well on those Team Dynamics wheels, I think the standard wheels suit the car well too so its a good problem to have lol I am sure its a lot nicer place to sit compared to the...
  83. EP3 Pete

Made the short trip over to Wolverhampton on Tuesday morning to get the new radiator installed, unfortunately after waiting around for a couple of hours for the old rad to be removed it became clear the supplier had sent the wrong replacement rad doh!! Mark at BM Euroservice managed to source a...
  84. EP3 Pete

Interior layout looks spot on John :) how's the ownership going overall? any particular good/bad points that have come to light during the early days?
  85. EP3 Pete

N77's gone Supercharged........

Brilliant attention to detail as always pal, car looks very tidy!!
  86. EP3 Pete

Nice Jon!! baffled sump will be a nice addition and looking forward to seeing some photos/videos of her out on track. Just waiting for a dry day (hahaha) so that I can give the 335 a good clean and fit all the new badges/decals, have bought some iron x cleaner and new detailing bits that I want...
  87. EP3 Pete

Danger's new whip - Venom

Looks a different car from the pictures when you collected her, good work mate!!
  88. EP3 Pete

O2 Sensor question.

You Jay is it the primary or secondary sensor that you need? think i may have a brand new unused genuine honda one in the loft if you are interested?
  89. EP3 Pete

Got a few little bits for the 335 for Christmas; - 335i boot decal - BMW bonnet badge - BMW boot badge - BMW alloy centre caps - USB adaptor Going to wash the car and get the badges on and then fit the centre caps post alloy refurb, new radiator going in on 5th January
  90. EP3 Pete

Still a damn good car though
  91. EP3 Pete

Haha love it!!
  92. EP3 Pete

'Vehicle Inspection' reminder popped up on the BMW last week so I booked her in with the guys over at BM Euroservice in Wolverhampton, the previous owner had always used them so thought it would be good to take it to someone who knows the car. Superb service and all ex BMW dealership mechanics...
  93. EP3 Pete

Staffs Deltic Now in an FK8

Nice write up Paul, about time too ;) Glad you are happy with the VXR, sounds like it goes well.
  94. EP3 Pete

Most boring update ever, 2 new Bridgestones for the BMW £320 posts on the civic used to be a lot more exciting lol On the plus side the mechanic at the garage commented on what a nice car the 335i was and how good condition it's in.
  95. EP3 Pete

Hope you have recovered from the train journey Jon lol glad you are happy with the car and I am pleased that she's gone to a good home :) Pretty similar to your old car that chop originally had but with a few additional goodies so should go well on track, a baffled sump would be the next natural...
  96. EP3 Pete

Haha cheers Dotty, hopefully that's not the case.
  97. EP3 Pete

history check

set it on fire and drive it through the sellers living room!! not that it helps now but that's why you should have carried out the check pre-purchase. :(
  98. EP3 Pete

Definitely an investment for £6k and will never lose any money on this car. Could have made more money back by stripping it but that would have been a real shame doing that, money isn't everything ;)
  99. EP3 Pete

Cheers buddy, definitely a bargain as all highly modified cars end up being when you sell them on unfortunately and yes great news that its gone to a fellow enthusiast. Glad to hear you are keeping yours now mate, such a superb example!!
Back