• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. F

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

well mine went to its new owner on saturday. Nice chap from doncaster way. Said he is going to track it, so some may come across it. Its been an enjoyable ownership experience. So i probably wont be on here much anymore (not that i posted all that often). so cheers to anyone who answered my...
  2. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

thanks for the recommendation.
  3. F

Yeah, an EP3 can do it, but like i said, putting a dirty mountain bike in the back of it a few times a week soon takes it toll, especially with the risk of damaging the interior or filling it with mud. Almost feel disrespectful to the car! :) Plus after a couple of years ownership, its time for...
  4. F

well if its a van, its not a problem. Or if its a car, it will be one that can run a tow bar and a bike rack. Fear not, i know what i want.
  5. F

Jdm ep3 suspension refresh

i was looking into this. Bilstein B6's or B8's are a good shock with standard or slightly lowered springs. I would go OEM top mounts.
  6. F

yup, fully aware of this. But you do have to take the wheels off, worry about handlebars scuffing panels and rubbing on seats. Not to mention mud etc getting everywhere. So whilst it can be done, there are easier and better solutions to meet my needs. Hence why my EP3 is now sold. I appreciate...
  7. F

i do a lot of cycling, so want an estate or van. So a very dull reason. I will miss the car, assuming it sells, but needs must.
  8. F

What did i do to my EP3 today.....Put it up for sale..... :(
  9. F

What's it worth? 2005 JDM Type R - 35,000 miles

I am also thinking of selling my JDM EP3. Its not quite the low mileage example like yours (mine is on 87k), but in a conversation with Torque GT recently, to import a similar condition car would cost a customer close to 10k today. Probably a combination of rarity and the world having gone mad...
  10. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Ok cool. And yeah, once you are in the realms of 18k-ish, there are plenty of options, Golf R, I30N, WRX STi, S3 to name but a few. I will definitely try and get a test drive. Thankfully i am in no immediate hurry, so the delay in the return to normality isnt so bad.
  11. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Good stuff. Defo sounds like an FK2 will suit me far more. Cheers for all the feedback.
  12. F

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

bloomin splendid!
  13. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Whereas my EP3 is 19 years old, and i am not sure i would struggle for spares.
  14. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

so are you saying the FK2 is almost a poor choice too with regards to spares etc? Or is your comment regarding the FD2? As you say with the FK8 being sold in the US, there will be endless mods/spares/upgrades for many moons to come. Damn shame they are a bit out of my budget, unless i hold fire...
  15. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Hey Wilmo. I would rather just stick with my EP3 i think than go to an FN2. A mate had a Mugen FN2, and it was a pleasant vehicle, but it doesnt get my juices flowing.
  16. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Interesting. I appreciate the info. Well that's put a cat amongst the pigeons! ** starts looking at FK2's**
  17. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

ok, so it sounds like its a weekend toy much more than a daily driver. I hadnt really considered the sourcing of parts, so i appreciate the feedback on that. Would you say the FK2 is £10k more car than the EP3? I guess it is hard to quantify, as we are all after different things! I assume the...
  18. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Hi Alex, many thanks for the feedback. i assumed that the ride/stiffness wouldnt be a country mile from my JDM EP3, which i can live with. But if its considerably worse than that, then it could become tiresome. And you are correct, for what i am looking at paying for a fresh import FD2, is...
  19. F

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Hi chaps, I currently own a pre facelift JDM EP3, which has been a real joy to drive over the last 2 years. I have always fancied one from many moon ago, and when i sold my clio 182 race car a couple of years back it gave me the opportunity to own one. I have recently been promoted in work and...
  20. F

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

ok cool, i appreciate the reply! Sounds like the sort of thing i want for my JDM EP3, especially with the ability to stiffen it up for the odd track day.
  21. F

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

How is the Tein suspension on the road? Compliant or is it hard/crashy and more suited to smooth track tarmac?
  22. F

K20A2 DIY Rebuild - How Hard Can It Be?

Not entirely sure its related, but me and a friend rebuilt the engine in his DC2 ITR a good few years back. Neither of us mechanics, but both mildly mechanically minded and happy to do other jobs like change suspension, brakes etc. He managed to get hold of a manual that listed all the torque...
  23. F

Tuning - does it make a real difference?

subbing to this thread to hear the results. i have an 02 JDM EP3 and i am so torn over tuning it or leaving it totally standard.
  24. F

Type R #4

utterly awesome!!!
  25. F

Here we go again

good stuff! you got any other plans for it? I am toying with putting eibachs and new shocks on mine, but I love the way it drives at the moment, I really don't want to compromise the ride! (although it could improve it further!)
  26. F

Here we go again

very nice. I have a pre-facelift JDM and really enjoy it. First Legalise-R I have seen in the wild. looks good, how does it sound?
  27. F

Black Friday Mega Deals - What have you found

so with all the black Friday/cyber Monday deals flying around, its hard to either work through them all, or know if they are actually a deal. So, what have you found or bought that is a genuine deal/result?! Post below (ideally with links)
  28. F

TDI North Stage 2 drop in cams

what sort of gains are you expecting to see? I take it with the name 'drop in', you don't need supporting mods or changes? Pocketed pistons etc.
  29. F

EP3 Windscreen - 3 door vs 5 door

Bit of a random one here.... just had an attempt to change my windscreen on my JDM EP3. Unfortunately the windscreen he has arrived with is approx. 20mm too big. Could be he has the wrong one, or is there a size difference between a 3 door and 5 door civic screen (2002). As my log book...
  30. F

2019 Supra GTS

tasty! Love the back end on these (the rest of it is pretty cool too)
  31. F

EP3 engine mounts

nice one, cheers buddy.
  32. F

EP3 engine mounts

did you consider any others before going with the vibratechnics? I had some on my megane endined clio a few years back and liked them.
  33. F

FN2 Nürburgring Bridge to Gantry FN2

i am yet to go in my JDM EP3, but hope to get out next year. Havent been for a while, but used to go a couple of times a year. Only documented fastest time was an 8:34 in my megane engine'd Clio 200. Possibly went a bit faster in an Impreza Spec-c I had on one trip, but cant say for sure...
  34. F

EP3 Rear Brake discs

haha, yup, im fully aware the fronts do the brunt of the work, but hey... if it means I get laid.... just don't tell the wife!
  35. F

EP3 Rear Brake discs

good stuff, I will take a look. cheers buddy.
  36. F

EP3 Rear Brake discs

Hi chaps, The rear discs on my JDM Ep3 need replacing. Whilst I am aware the rear brakes on most cars don't need to be too jazzy, I want to put something half decent on there, as the car will hopefully see a track day or two this year, and many next year. Is there any standout...
  37. F

Boosted Ep3 R track car aka Black Dog!

Is that a front left tyre? Thruxton is a killer on front left's... the track is basically one long right hander and abrasive as F......
  38. F

K20 Bottom End Failure

out of interest, is there a certain model or engine code to look for when going K24?
  39. F

H's JDM Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 6/VI - Scotia White

utterly delightful!
  40. F

My 2005 Vivid Blue Pearl EP3 Type R

very nice! I see the centre console heater controls are different to other EP3's too. Or was this a later update too?
  41. F

Oddly enough, my EP3 has just ticked over 70k miles, so sounds like it could do with replacing. Thanks for the info on the engine mounts, I suspect these are the original ones, so well past their best. Hopefully that will be a fairly easy fix. I appreciated the feedback.
  42. F

excellent stuff, car looks awesome. you clearly know what you are doing. With regards to the clutch, is that the signs of it being worn, hard to get into gear at high revs etc? As my JDM EP3 is hard to change 3rd to 4th at the top end of the rev range, and when you come out of 3rd, it has...
  43. F

Type R #4

Good stuff, I appreciate the reply. Happy with the Reyland brake setup? Interesting about the ITB's. Not sure if I missed it, as you may have already said, but is this just a weekend/track car, or do you drive it daily?
  44. F

Type R #4

Great looking car, and good to see it being enjoyed to its full. Your brake setup, is that the Reyland Motorsport AP setup? Or a different one? What was the decision behind going for throttle bodies over your initial setup? Can you feel the 'loss' of power?
  45. F

filled up this morning. 365 miles from a tank, the lack of other cars on the road is doing wonders for my mpg!
  46. F

Matt's JDM EP3

Very Nice! Out of interest, what does your car redline at? I know the rev counter shows 8400 as the redline, but my JDM EP3 rev's another 500 rpm past this. I was wondering if that's the norm?
  47. F

Meister R CRD vs HSD Monopro vs Bilstein and Eibach

And should one choose to go the Eibach route, would they purchase the 'Pro-Kit' or the 'Sportline' springs?
  48. F

EP3 Squeaky rear EP3

So after some further investigation, it appears my brake pads are fine. and I cant feel any play in the bearing. What I did notice is the rubber rings that sit on the tight coils of the rear spring have perished. Leaving the spring to make contact with itself. I am thinking this may be the...
  49. F

EP3 Squeaky rear EP3

Hi Loxy, thanks for the info, I will take a look at the pads. I replaced the droplinks a couple of months ago, so would be surprised if it was those.
  50. F

EP3 Squeaky rear EP3

Hi all, I have developed a squeak from what I think is the driver side rear wheel. It was intermittent, but is now fairly constant. It increased when I turn left, so as the driver side wheel is slightly more loaded. So I am guessing this is a wheel bearing? Unless I am missing something...
  51. F

EP3 Radiator

yes, the upper and lower tanks are plastic or a composite material of some sort. turned out that mine had just cracked and perished over time, rather than the radiator core being punctured.
  52. F

EP3 Radiator

went with this rad, fitted it Saturday morning, all went well. impressed with the quality for such a cheap price (I am a stickler for buy cheap, buy twice!) cheers for the help!
  53. F

Shocks to suit eibach pro kit on my ep3

B4 bilsteins rather than B6?
  54. F

Jakabi's FN2 (2011) Build

great looking build with some choice mods. what is the advantage of the FD2 oil pump? More flow? Is that a mod to just FN2's or will it work on an EP3 as well (seeing as they are the same engine, I would assume so).
  55. F

EP3 Radiator

Thanks for the feedback and info guys! I will get a replacement one ordered.
  56. F

EP3 Radiator

Hey guys, I managed to get a small hole in my rad at a Brands track day yesterday. Appears to be pretty small, behind the grille. I am going to rad weld it and hope it holds for now. But long term I want to replace the rad (plus its also 17 years old!). whats the best choice? Something...
  57. F

my type r premier edition

wheels look awesome, what are they? Also, your AP brake kit, is that an off the shelf kit? Or a custom setup?
  58. F

EP3 JDM championship white

I paid £8500 for a 2002 car with 67k on it via Torque GT, so I would imagine you can get one for under 10k ? what is your budget?
  59. F

my type r premier edition

nice brakes! do you need to run spacers to clear the wheels!?
  60. F

filled it with fuel.... 389.1 miles out of the last tank, very pleasing!
  61. F

EP3 EP3 Wheels Specs - Track Day Use

Hi guys I am looking at buying a set of Team Dynamics wheels, do I need spigot rings with these? If so, what size? Thanks!
  62. F

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Mulberry.. great establishment!!
  63. F

EP3 Knocking from rear of car... any usual suspects?

Changed my drop links on the weekend and...…………. knocking gone! A very happy camper! Thanks for al the tips and advice guys!
  64. F

Thanks for the info guys. -4 degrees of camber.... damn! I ran -3 on my clio 182 race car, and that felt pretty mad!
  65. F

Hi guys I tried searching for this, as it must be common information, but I came up with nothing (most likely user error!) Anyway, I want to get a set of wheels for my JDM EP3 ready for a few track days this year. I was going to get a 2nd set of standard wheels and use those, but I...
  66. F

EP3 - Road Compliant Lowered Suspension, That Can Do Trackdays

How much does that lower the car? How do you adjust front camber? Bolts or do you have adjustable top mounts?
  67. F

EP3 - Road Compliant Lowered Suspension, That Can Do Trackdays

Hey guys, So I have a 2002 JDM EP3. I am planning on doing a few track days in it this year and maybe a Nürburgring Trip. So I am wanting to lower the cars centre of gravity, add some camber and make it more track focused. Having said that, its a daily driver and I don't want a sump...
  68. F

Haha, good stuff. something to look forward to!
  69. F

sounds like a bitch then?! Does it make any odds that its a recent JDM import… so no salt corrosion?
  70. F

good news. I will look at some replacements! Any recommendations?
  71. F

good news. I will look at some replacements! Any recommendations?
  72. F

Not that my quick check could see, although one of the arb drop links was solid and the other had a bit of wiggle in it, so possibly this could be it? I assume they both need to be rock solid?
  73. F

Yeah, I appreciate that. I guess for a quick initial look, it allowed me to establish there was nothing broken or that had clearly failed. Hopefully on the weekend I can do as you mention and get some force onto the different components of the suspension.
  74. F

Took a look, nothing immediately obvious. Nothing broken. So going to jack it up again, get the wheels off and look more thoroughly.
  75. F

Best Brake discs and pads for ep3?

what would you say the best for track/nurburgring but still on a road car? I used to run CL RC6 when I raced Clio's and loved them. Worked well on the road too from memory!
  76. F

OEM system on it. Partvan… good shout! cheers
  77. F

I thought it might be. So I am going to look at droplink, play in shock, make sure the springs look ok. exhaust rubbing maybe?? All suggestions welcome!
  78. F

yup yup, got all the needed equipment.
  79. F

Hey guys, I have a knocking sound coming from the rear of my 2002 JDM ep3. It sounds like its getting worse with time/miles. Its a fairly loud knock as I go over any bumps in the road. I am planning on getting under the car tonight, but as I have not owned an ep3 before, is there any...
  80. F

EP3 Bike racks

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I will use the roof bars for now and maybe look at other options in the near future.
  81. F

EP3 Bike racks

Hey guys, I have recently taken delivery of a JDM ep3 (2002). I love the thing! My other passion is mountain biking. I used to have a car with a tow bar so just used a Thule rack. That's not an option on the ep3 as far as I can tell. I have purchased a used Thule roof rack, but would...
  82. F

EP3 Track Day Exhaust

Ok, thanks for the info.
  83. F

EP3 Track Day Exhaust

On a similar note, does a cat back Toda system or j's racing system come in under most 95 or 96db track limits?
  84. F

Username Change

Hi guys Can mine be changed please? Can you change it to: fmp Thanks, mat.
Back