• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. WelshyWelsh

FL5 New Civic Type R

£33k I paid for mine and PCP % was pretty low if I remember correctly.
  2. WelshyWelsh

FL5 New Civic Type R

£47k is ridiculous, especially if you've got an FK8, even more so if it's paid off. Might go give mine an actual wash as it's going nowhere :)
  3. WelshyWelsh

FL5 New Civic Type R

My FK8 was in for a service last week and two people went to sales to ask if it was available. Definitely a market out there, which will only increase if the FL5 is £45k+
  4. WelshyWelsh

FL5 New Civic Type R

Sat in a Civic Sport last week and was expecting the interior quality to be a step up from the FK8, especially with the whole range being a big jump in pricing. It really wasn't very special at all. Assuming the new one is £45-46k as is likely, I'd be looking at best, at a cost of change of...
  5. WelshyWelsh

My Polished metal metallic FK8

Congratulations mate! Looks lovely, enjoy!
  6. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

That's awesome mate, best year and colour certainly ;) I'm not at all biased.
  7. WelshyWelsh

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Woah, this is an absolute stunner!!! :smt060
  8. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

That's awesome! Remember you saying when I got mine you'd get one "in 10 years" so you're well ahead! What year/colour?
  9. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Firmly tongue in cheek mate! Can't afford it until it's out of warranty :p Nothing wrong with the ST estate, look good!
  10. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Thanks mate. Done a bit of lurking, but nothing to report, so been quiet! How's things, what you driving now? Still looking at £40k for a 3 year old one, so need to wait a bit longer on depreciation and just to make properly sure that the Ferrari engine is out of warranty.
  11. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

It's a stunner, really like it. Having both is doing life properly.
  12. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

3 year PCP. I'm definitely keeping it rather than handing back. Currently on 28k miles and dealer offered me £23k p/x. Private sales seem to be at £25k, so not bad in terms of depreciation. Still keeping an eye on a Giulia QV but would be at least another year in the FK8 before then. Still love it!
  13. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Can't believe I'm a week away from 3 years with this. Had a service and some warranty work done this week, new front grille the main thing, to hopefully sort the parking sensors going off in the rain. Hope everyone is good!
  14. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

It would probably stay on the Wolseley longer too.
  15. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Ha, just stopped modding when I got the FK8 and before I knew it a year had gone! Hope you're doing well!
  16. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

I've asked my local salesman to give me a shout when the 2020 demo comes in and give me a price to swap and would go boost blue. Suspect changes and offer won't be attractive enough and I'll be sticking it out for the Alfa.
  17. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

A lovely! It's such a capable car, still turns heads and pretty scarce on the roads. What colour?
  18. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Ha, that is spooky. Although to be fair it was such a nightmare sourcing those parts that it probably sticks in a few minds! Do miss it a bit, looked and sounded awesome. What do you think? Closest I'll get to a Ferrari with that engine being from a California I think.
  19. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Well, I haven't been on here for ages. Still got the FK8, still love it. Had some warranty work done on a suspension squeak, otherwise all good. Reckon I'll hit 3 years ownership and then giving serious consideration to a Guilia Quadrofoglio. They've lost £30k in two years... :eek: Hope...
  20. WelshyWelsh

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Things that are better than the Mugen concept, #1,000,000:
  21. WelshyWelsh

Ouch, 10k depreciation in just over a year for me then! Still love it and no plans to change for years yet so all part of buying new. Merry Christmas everyone!
  22. WelshyWelsh

Definitely FK2 wheels on it.
  23. WelshyWelsh

Loxy's Type R #6

Black! Will fill the arches more with one colour between wheel and tyre too.
  24. WelshyWelsh

Have they made the screen smaller to accommodate those buttons on the left?
  25. WelshyWelsh

Pretty relieved, super minor changes.
  26. WelshyWelsh

Loxy's Type R #6

Karl, is that you?
  27. WelshyWelsh

Loxy's Type R #6

With all that's going on in the world currently, there's something very calming about seeing you spending out on your Type R! Like the early 2010s again, before everyone went mad.
  28. WelshyWelsh

Mark's FK2 Black Edition

Weirdly I had similar about my M200 last night! Do miss the Mugen airbox and Toda cat back at 9,000 rpm :(
  29. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

At least you knew who did it. £2k of damage to my Mugen and still got bumper damage on this one, both times when the car was left for no time. Getting it sorted next month finally at my friendly body shop who have done me a deal.
  30. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Best way. Other cars like hitting mine in car parks over the past few years!
  31. WelshyWelsh

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Nearly a year already, time is flying.
  32. WelshyWelsh

Just checked. Didn't know there was a difference until now. They definitely have a slightly smaller lip than the rears, but still overhang wheel so looks fine to me.
  33. WelshyWelsh

Needed the fronts changing, so Conti Sport 6 to keep OEM and matching. I was going to say something about the 16 miles, but my average MPG actually went up whilst they had it...! So I'll not bother, although I'll make the point next week that they really, really, REALLY don't need to go out...
  34. WelshyWelsh

It seems the £30K+ Civic is a rare beast in general. You can see why, unless you're a Honda/Jap enthusiast, saying you spent that on a Civic seems madness to the casual observer. I do a fair bit of driving and I've seen one other FK8 and probably 4 FK2s in total. Had my first service Monday...
  35. WelshyWelsh

Yep completely agree. Other than the noise, I wouldn't have anything from the RR over my car. Weekend car/collectable would be a different argument of course. I was very close to buying an FD2 but the lack of toys and parts made me go for a M200 instead. Turns out they couldn't get a bumper...
  36. WelshyWelsh

Any good? https://youtu.be/DvZDllLE6sk
  37. WelshyWelsh

Nice to see the two of them together, but disagreed with nearly everything the reviewer said :lol: Rear of FD2 is so much nicer I think, but rest of FK8 looks great next to it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvZDllLE6sk
  38. WelshyWelsh

Nice isn't it :D I reckon I'm still averaging 3 out of 7 days a week someone screams/cheers/thumbs up/talks normally to me about the car. All really positive.
  39. WelshyWelsh

Mugen 200

Sold it 9 months ago bud :)
  40. WelshyWelsh

Mugen 200

Was always tempted with a Mugen spoiler, but never got round to it! They do look good.
  41. WelshyWelsh

Mugen 200

Nope, no details left yet again. Had to park in a multi-storey as was at a work conference. Literally only twice I’ve not parked miles away in three years and twice I’ve had damage now. Still onto Warwick Uni for CCTV but they’re worse than useless so will cough up myself I suspect. Fuel is...
  42. WelshyWelsh

Mugen 200

Loving it thanks mate. 9 months on, 9k miles done. The good stuff is too long to list, it’s just incredible at everything. Taken all my Rs to North Wales and this on the evo triangle made me feel about 10 years old. Few niggles which are well documented, brake squeal, tyre pressure sensors...
  43. WelshyWelsh

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

1. Driving modes configurable as others have said 2. No fake mesh on rear 3. Mugen tuning package Really happy with it after 9K miles. Had a lovely person drive into it in a car park last week, so in process of sorting that, otherwise all good!
  44. WelshyWelsh

Everyone mate :D
  45. WelshyWelsh

EP3 Hillclimb Project EP3

This looks a lot of fun! Some nice driving in that video, hill climbing is tricky to say the least.
  46. WelshyWelsh

This month they moan about the brake squeal....
  47. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Intermittent rattle from front brake/hub, NOT brake squeal.

Had this too. 11pm, Monmouth services, iPhone torch, much swearing, fixed :D
  48. WelshyWelsh

Type R #14 - CW FK8 GT

Stunning angle this one, same colours coming through in the sunlight as Button’s Raybrig NSX.
  49. WelshyWelsh

Krzys' Nissan Stagea S2 RS Four S - Steve

Love it. Like that the upgrades are subtle and OEM, classy. Even the writing in the dirt :p
  50. WelshyWelsh

Or we could focus on the lap record... :D
  51. WelshyWelsh

It was the 1.5L Civic Sport that convinced me to try the FK8 having been underwhelmed by the FK2 and initially the FK8 styling. The Sport handles superbly and is a lot of fun, so it was a no brainer to get the FK8.
  52. WelshyWelsh

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Sounds like another fart can to my ears. Could be an EP3.
  53. WelshyWelsh

Unless you drive to North Wales! Plus the speed limit to twisty stuff ratio is pretty generous, so you’d never be much over or you’d crash. Badly. I didn’t go over once of course.
  54. WelshyWelsh

First North Wales trip for work in the FK8 today. Has been a bit of a rite of passage with my previous EP3 and M200 making the trip too. Frankly the car is ridiculous. I’m not anything special behind the wheel (as far as I know!) but the speed it handled everything at was unbelievable. My...
  55. WelshyWelsh

EP3 FK8 exhausts

Get some clips up Stu!
  56. WelshyWelsh

Unless you're buying a limited edition Ferrari, you will always lose out buying new or nearly new. Buy for the car and the enjoyment you'll have, or wait a few years, but then there will probably be something else new and better!
  57. WelshyWelsh

I’ve been in +R all day and driven like a tw@t
  58. WelshyWelsh

FK8 MyHonda dongle thing?

Based on how I drove when I saw an FK2 last week and we convoyed for 50 odd miles, I’m glad I don’t have one of these. I regressed about 15 years.
  59. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Had my wheel nuts replaced last week, so that joins the short list of alignment and a paint blemish being sorted by the dealer quickly. 4th gear feeling slightly notchy on occasion when shifting down from 5th, so will keep a close eye...
  60. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Tiago Monteiro Type R FK8 limited edition

How much extra are they charging for that? Looks like the carbon pack is included, could be a nice saving. Interesting the Remus is fitted as standard too, wonder if it’ll be a warranty friendly option over here.
  61. WelshyWelsh

We’re a good bunch on here, all jealousy is good jealousy! Feel free to be liberal with pics. Love the 355, was my dream car as a kid.
  62. WelshyWelsh

FK8 4wd next edition?

Is it just me, or is Honda ‘Pro’ Jason just annoying?
  63. WelshyWelsh

Preeeeeetty sure I've only seen a pic of the 360. You're not holding out on the Ferrari picture goodness are you?! ;)
  64. WelshyWelsh

"crashed into Halfords" - tick "looks like a transformer" - check "touring car for the road" - BINGO! Has the world run out of words?
  65. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Discounts on GT

It's an ok deal. I bought mine in October and had the same deal near enough. As an in demand car, you're never going to get thousands off anyway, so every little helps.
  66. WelshyWelsh

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I left a brick on my brake pedal all night just for you Ron :p
  67. WelshyWelsh

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I use brake hold all the time and genuinely didn't know the brake lights are on, assumed it temporarily engaged the handbrake. Are we 1000% on this?! And if it is putting the lights on, are the brake lights all of the devil horn shape, because if so, that's really cool, even if it does blind...
  68. WelshyWelsh

FK8 The compliments have started

The compliments have been an almost daily thing since getting mine. Leaving the house to find a guy lying in the road with his DSLR camera to get the perfect shot of the car genuinely wasn’t a surprising thing the other day. It’s been madness for 5 months and stuff like the above is crazily...
  69. WelshyWelsh

I actually quite like it now, even the honeycomb. Lots of lovely angles that I'm still only just noticing, like the boot line running through the rear lights, spoiler perfectly following rear window line when viewing side on. Nice stuff.
  70. WelshyWelsh

Sure the bumper would be available to slap on, rather than get the rest of the car with it
  71. WelshyWelsh

FK8 SportContact 6 Tread Wear

I drive like Button. Smooooooooth!
  72. WelshyWelsh

You’ve definitely disengaged the electronic handbrake, yeah? :p
  73. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Yep, stock suspension. Did 30,000 miles in it too! I'll take your word for it mate!
  74. WelshyWelsh

I'm now at 5000 miles. 5mm fronts 6mm rear Even wear
  75. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Everything is refined to me since driving an FN2 on 19s :)
  76. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

This will cause a stir! :lol: I think there's lots of truth in what you say and I bet from the outside in this thread looks frankly ridiculous. From my perspective, my mindset has changed buying a £34K car. Things I'd just deal with in my EP3 or FN2 (see my wheel alignment and wheel nut...
  77. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

It's a lightweight bonnet so needs to be dropped from higher than normal. Mine's the same, but no issues once dropped from a decent height.
  78. WelshyWelsh

Type R #14 - CW FK8 GT

Weird that the locking nut is silver?!
  79. WelshyWelsh

Type R #14 - CW FK8 GT

Looks great! Interested to hear the panel filter. You need to get some black locking nuts from Honda ;)
  80. WelshyWelsh

I felt the same way initially, but am now a regular watcher of his channel. Once you get used to him he’s actually a down to earth guy that makes some decent stuff. This vid however is pretty bad!
  81. WelshyWelsh

Based on the chewbacca noise from the EP3 clutch into the FN2, so 10 years and two models, I wouldn't hold your breath for any fixes on a facelift!
  82. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Honda have accepted the nuts claim. Wait until April as they’re on back order, I wonder why! I’ve asked for black ones, but doubtful that’ll happen.
  83. WelshyWelsh

He’s also incredibly annoying and loves a click bait video title, so a lot of his ‘issues’ aren’t really anything.
  84. WelshyWelsh

FK8 MPG

4600 miles, 33mpg
  85. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Jeez, I remember that Karl. The idiocy to damage one and then just crack on and do the same to the rest is almost impressive. The tyre place in Cardiff is slap bang in the middle of all the car dealers, they handle everything from Ford to Aston Martin, so the risk for major claims like yours is...
  86. WelshyWelsh

You know what, it's definitely improving with age. Had a few at the dealer yesterday and it's quite pretty in comparison to ours. Still prefer the FK8 for its sheer lunacy styling though.
  87. WelshyWelsh

FK8 New Car collection day..... nearly

I spend my time looking at Ferraris on YouTube instead of furthering my career to buy one myself. I'm sensible like that :)
  88. WelshyWelsh

Challenge Stradale wheels too. Very nice!
  89. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

No fear on that, took a photo when I dropped it off (always do!). 3 miles they did which is fine - they wanted to check the alignment fix. There were some basic adjustments they could make which they've done and the steering wheel is perfectly aligned and drives straight, so I'm happy with...
  90. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Dropped mine off this morning for the wheel alignment, wheel nuts and paint blemish I found. Service guy said he's not sure what they can do today as they don't have in-house wheel alignment. The main tyre place that serves all the car dealers in that area is 2 mins away, so.... I mentioned...
  91. WelshyWelsh

Looks stunning. Roof spoiler is a nice addition too, although as you say, the back end will be uncontrollable now :p Enjoy!
  92. WelshyWelsh

Sounds like aftermarket wheels are incoming....?
  93. WelshyWelsh

Looks lovely. Definitely worth waiting a few days - mine is buried in a snow drift currently.
  94. WelshyWelsh

Not me, I love wasting money.
  95. WelshyWelsh

Car booked in next week for the wheel alignment and wheel nuts to be sorted. Pretty painless so far tbh. Washed the car and noticed a mark on the front which looks like bird poo, but seeing as I clean it off immediately, it can't be that, so they're going to look at that too. I reserve the...
  96. WelshyWelsh

I gave in and resorted to that when the road to the Eden Project AKA the biggest attraction in Cornwall was a tiny rutted path according to Honda. Loathed to use data when the integrated system should work. Same! Some of the places we visited/stayed at did have only one track to them, but on...
  97. WelshyWelsh

600 miles down to Cornwall, around Cornwall and back over the past few days. Car took an absolute beating on tiny B roads, mud covered A roads, seagulls sh1ting everytime I parked up, threading it through tiny gaps in villages, but it has emerged unscathed! Full on wash inside and out tomorrow...
  98. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Had a response today from the salesman saying he'll raise with aftersales tomorrow. This thread will be ready and waiting should the response not be a resounding "yes".
  99. WelshyWelsh

FK8 Quality issues

Rusty nuts here too. Just emailed the dealer and mentioned the steering wheel being off centre too. Let's see what they come back with..
Back