• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

I did think about spacers but I'm not a big fan tbh...I know slim ones like this are okay but if I can avoid, I would.
  2. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Okay. So to update on my investigations on this. It isn't the disc! If it was the disc making this much noise, there would be something seriously wrong. I've found that the front tyres contact the springs/dust covers and can see the dust cover worn/ripped a bit and there are some clean contact...
  3. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Right a bit of a U-turn here...when I thought this had worked, it didn't. The noise went away and a few drives later, it came back again. Not drove the car much since but did another bit of investigating and now focussing on the disc itself, it is the disc rattling as it is a fully floating 2...
  4. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Thanks! Yeah, I don't blame you.
  5. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Woohoo this worked :)
  6. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Right, so one of the things that has been increasingly annoying me was the rattle/knocking coming from the front. I know the previous owner, Chris, had the same issue, had it checked over and nothing ever came of it. It didn't really bother me at first but now that I do drive the car a bit more...
  7. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Isn't just so reassuring when you know your car is rust free? Decided to get some protection on there as a preventative measure, including cavity wax too.
  8. redH88

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

Great work on this dude. Love a DC2. I would paint that red H on the steering wheel!
  9. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Few pics from Cadwell Park. Went in Jan and thankfully, it was a dry day! Loving this thing. It is SO much fun!
  10. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

So, the track pads have come off and have been replaced with road going Brembo HP2000. The squealing was getting a bit tiresome ha. The track pads have been stored until the next track day in the new year as there is plenty of life left in them.
  11. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Thanks! Just one replacement. In fact, it should be hear soon! I ordered it through driftworks and the delivery was around 6 weeks. Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  12. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

So yesterday I went on my very first track day at Three Sisters. It's only a small circuit but was such good fun! Had 7 x 15 min sessions in total and the car was absolutely flawless. Hats off to Chris for having it set up so perfectly. Although I'm new to track driving, it was clearly evident...
  13. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Fingers crossed! Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  14. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Yes, this was the first thing these guys told me that it would be no problem. It was only when they took it off and said the complete wheel was twisted. It did surprise me tbh. I probably should have gone and got a second opinion but I just ended up ordering a new wheel a couple of hours ago...
  15. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Yes, this makes sense. It probably got caught so cleanly that I didn't even realise! Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  16. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

So some bad news - one of my wheels has buckled on the inside. I must have hit a pot hole and only realised at around 60/70mph when the steering was shaking! Took it a wheel repair place and they said its not repairable and it needs a new wheel :( It didn't look too bad as per the pic but they...
  17. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Excellent, that sounds quite good actually. Tbh, I didn't even know there was such things as mini amps that small lol. I'll take a look! Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  18. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Thank you! I made some mdf adapters, on which I screwed the speakers first. Then screwed this assembly to the rear shelf from underneath in the boot. Ah cool, any ideas where you want to put the mini amp? Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  19. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Some very minor additions to the car. Added some red footwell ambient lights and also some Pioneer 6.5 inch speakers to the rear shelf as it only has the front speakers as standard. I normally like to have really good audio in my car but not going to go any further with this one! Extra weight...
  20. redH88

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Received the kit yesterday, fitted today with no issues whatsoever! Very high quality and easy to read instructions. I wired it to the stereo fuse using a piggy back connector and the earth to a nearby screw so the LEDs stay on all the time with the key in and works perfectly! Thanks...
  21. redH88

Top man, much appreciated. Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  22. redH88

Great, so please can I have the standard 9 LED kit in red please? I'll send you the funds over now. Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  23. redH88

So here is the internal fuse box. Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  24. redH88

Right, nice one! That'll be good. Let me get a pic shortly and send it you. Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  25. redH88

I have an FD2, which currently doesn't seem to have anything? Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  26. redH88

Hello! Are these still available? If so, is there possibility of the footwell lights staying on all the time when the car is on? Sent from my SM-F916B using Tapatalk
  27. redH88

My FD2! RedH88

Hi all, so yesterday I became the owner of a vivid blue pearl FD2 and I am over the moon with it. The car was purchased from Chris on here and as you already may know, it is extremely well looked after example. A lot of mods that I wanted to do have already been done so initially, I am just...
  28. redH88

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Thanks for a great car Chris. Over the moon with it! I'll most likely start a new thread in my ownership too. If anyone wants the private plate currently on the car, please let me know as I don't fancy driving around with FD02 NOB on the car haha!
Back