• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Krzys

EP3 First grand on mods, what now?

5.1 FD and the LSD are the best things I've done to mine while it's still on standard power :D Would recommend the long 6th gear too if you were to go down that route if you use the car on motorways or do long runs.
  2. Krzys

Hazz's 1971 mental Mini Clubman - JDM B18CR engine

Looks awesome mate, love it! Also, a few hours of peace and quiet, another win :lol:
  3. Krzys

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

May have to give you a shout soon as it won't be long before I'm ordering oil for changes in both EP3's and spare.
  4. Krzys

Jimbo's JDM Bugeye Impreza STI

Nice! Looks clean, just keep an eye on the oil level as low oil kills them quickly but otherwise should be good fun when it snows!
  5. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

My clocks look the same, was going to look at replacing the bulbs but I won't being as it didn't seem to work for you! :(
  6. Krzys

Frsu on a non lowered car

Bit late to the table but we did a geo on the track car whilst it was on standard suspension and it was well worth doing.
  7. Krzys

Wheel Clamps Advice for security

Personally I think a wheel clamp would be too much hassle. Imagine you need to leave home in a hurry, say an emergency in the small hours of a morning while it's cold and wet?
  8. Krzys

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

We borrow a trailer off a guy my brother does spanner work for on the side so usually costs us £15 a day or so, £30 with the Disco (truck of doom we call it) as well, or we can hire one for £40 if our guy isn't able to help out.
  9. Krzys

EP3 Do I need a new clutch?

Mine was like that when I first got it, track car is also the same. New clutch time chief :)
  10. Krzys

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Porsches are always in the way! Glad the car seemed to perform well! Did you literally just turn the damping as high as it goes? What pressure do you usually start off with when cold/cool? We seem to do okay around 24/25psi at the start of the day then might check them if the car doesn't...
  11. Krzys

EP3 EP3 Steering

I didn't like mine when I first got the car but adding the LSD weighted it up nicely.
  12. Krzys

Function over form any day for me.
  13. Krzys

EP3 EP3 Steering

I think there was a problem with the early steering racks? Didn't Honda do a recall or something for it?
  14. Krzys

Where to Remap ep3

I'd maybe avoid the pops and bangs mod given that on an NA it's not really natural nor good for the internals.
  15. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Mine will certainly look scruffy next to yours now! Showing its age.
  16. Krzys

EP3 - Best intake for gains/sound

I must be so used to all the rattles of the Teg M combined with engine mount inserts that I forget about them and it's just normal :lol:
  17. Krzys

EP3 EP3 Engine Mounts

I've had mine in for almost three years now. It's the norm for me haha!
  18. Krzys

late 2018 tyre suggestions...

Just ordered a pair of Michelin Pilot SuperSport to replace the PS4's I've now worn down. See how they go but hopefully be decent! Goodyear EF1 AS3 seems okay but it depends what you want from it and the car. Spending more makes a difference.
  19. Krzys

I'd probably have done the same to be fair.
  20. Krzys

Much better and hopefully will nip that in the bud!
  21. Krzys

EP3 EP3 Engine Mounts

Just those mate. Front one is usually the main culprit but given the age of these now probably replacing all of them isn't a bad shout. I've got the inserts on my front, rear and gearbox but wheel hop has since returned.
  22. Krzys

Did they use a gallon drum of it or something!?
  23. Krzys

I want to see archless pics! :D Neutral wants to be a moving gear now? Maybe it's heard about the Volvo of doom!
  24. Krzys

EP3 501 Sidelight Bulbs

I've got a pair of these in mine: https://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-ultinon-led-w5w-6000k?gclid=CjwKCAjwq57cBRBYEiwAdpx0vT9BC07vDJst6YdmQtIYQ8DfRjYvmJnEM1KcpNmAmPCEFRQWnNPVRBoCCM4QAvD_BwE
  25. Krzys

Do I need a BBK at this point

Whilst that's true we did end up with the caliper just grazing the back of the spokes, enough to take the paint off the caliper so we put a 3mm (or 5mm, I forget which) spacer in each side to just nudge it out. But they have been brilliant on track.
  26. Krzys

Cracking on with it now, be worth all the effort and dirt you're covered in haha! I needs me one of those impact guns, and a better jack!
  27. Krzys

Wandering ep3

If it's always been like it then I think your first port of call is the alignment. I know you plan to change suspension parts which will upset it anyway but may be worth getting it checked to see if that's the culprit? What's the wear like on the tyres as that may give you a clue as well.
  28. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Looks stunning mate!
  29. Krzys

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

Hopefully serves you well after the bad experience with the FK. My guess is you'll get F82 FTW?
  30. Krzys

Really want to get a cage sorted for our track car, then I'll feel happier when it comes to changing the seats and getting harnesses!
  31. Krzys

Restoring headlights?

I did mine a couple of times but it's gets boring really quickly how much effort I was having to put in to keep on top of it so replaced them earlier this year, much better.
  32. Krzys

Light to Moderate Vibrations

First thing that springs to mind are the engine mounts. It could be that these are stiffer than some cars you've experienced or they may have been changed for stiffer after-market ones or even have inserts fitted. Either that or one could be goosed. Just my thoughts anyway.
  33. Krzys

Nice project so far, certainly getting bits done quickly!
  34. Krzys

K100 and Remap for an EP3?

I'd like to think you'd get away with a single drive as long as it's not mega miles? I was thinking when I get my RBC inlet fitted that I might just trailer the car to the tuner, but I'm able to borrow a trailer and I have the licence for towing which makes life easier for me.
  35. Krzys

Ep3 secondary o2 sensor question

You could probably repin the wires and reattach them to the plug? Probably better to do something with it at least.
  36. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

Loving the blue pearl! Looking forward to more pics :D
  37. Krzys

Does look good the whole combo of parts! I really like how the Meister's behave on the road.
  38. Krzys

Type R #15 BSB FK8

It certainly looks the part!
  39. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

It's all naked! Should look decent though once it's all painted and back together!
  40. Krzys

2005 Cosmic Grey EP3 Type R

Looks very clean!
  41. Krzys

Haha I'll take your word for it!
  42. Krzys

Sweet, I've sent them a message anyway but that'll help in that I don't have to think about parking at the hotel now. :)
  43. Krzys

K100 and Remap for an EP3?

I went to Tegiwa for the remap on the track car and that was great! Though I can't comment on part throttle as not so much time was spent on that knowing that the car is track only.
  44. Krzys

DE-WIPER opinions

That's where my inspiration came from :D
  45. Krzys

Hadn't thought of that, will they let you do that? Would be a big help if I can so I'm not carting it around more than I have to.
  46. Krzys

DE-WIPER opinions

It's not a stanced eurobox where the 'build' is just some Porsche wheels and an air ride kit on tick so I'd leave it. It's a useful thing to have.
  47. Krzys

Brake pads for the ep3

I have to agree with that, actually thought the DS2500's I had before were better and I know your thoughts on those.
  48. Krzys

Brake pads for the ep3

I'm thinking Stoptech or PBS for my next set of front pads, the Project Mu HC800's haven't lived up to the hype for me and I just don't think they're that good once hot either.
  49. Krzys

Ep3 cpl k100 with reflash

I know it's expensive in one go but my plan is still to go straight for the K100 with a remap. I hope to coincide this with fitting of an RBC inlet to get the full benefit of the map as I don't intend on changing any other engine parts after that.
  50. Krzys

EP3 Starter Motor options

Looks easy enough to do if that's what it is, anyone ever looked?
  51. Krzys

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Finally time for a small update here! Bought a piper manifold back in March/April time and only just got it fitted! Wanted to make sure I could deal with the extra noise and possible drone before committing to a remap and fitting the RBC I acquired at the same time. I can say that I'm...
  52. Krzys

Booked the Radisson Blu Palace Hotel, driving over the Sunday so hopefully be a fair relaxed drive over then heading home Tuesday. Will be good to catch up and hopefully join you lot for steak and beer :)
  53. Krzys

I'd call that a win even with a botched launch, can't wait to see it without those arches though!
  54. Krzys

Brake pads for the ep3

Still use OEM rears for the track car too, just no need really to change them for anything different.
  55. Krzys

Sounds good Chris! I'm looking forward to Spa too, shame I couldn't stretch to do both but it's looking like I'll be towing the track car over now which should be fun!
  56. Krzys

EP3 Starter Motor options

Think that'll be the solenoid sticking, mine does it occasionally.
  57. Krzys

honda service plan.....worth it or not?

Depends what their version of a half price MOT is. I pay £30 for an MOT anyway, about £50-60 for an oil and filter change and generally that's my EP3 sorted for 12 months as far as servicing goes.
  58. Krzys

FN2 Uneven Front Brake Pad Wear (Brembo Pads with EBC Blade Discs)

Was it just the caliper changed or the carrier too?
  59. Krzys

FN2 75k Service??

Also get the fuel filter done if it hasn't already been changed.
  60. Krzys

EP3 Manifold and sports cat EP3

When I took the track car to Tegiwa I was informed that you can run a full exhaust with decat without remapping fine. If you then add an inlet manifold such as RBC, Skunk2 etc then you will need a remap to run safely.
  61. Krzys

Spoon n1

Weirdly ours was okay until we changed the manifold as well but it was pretty damn loud anyway, made 105/6db static at 4k rpm! I remember having that in my EK4, summertime I loved it, winter I hated it!
  62. Krzys

EP3 10w60 oil used for over 10k km - no issues but I have questions

Interesting, we still use 5w30 on the track car and it hasn't burned any. Might be different if it covered more than 1000 miles a year or was in regular racing.
  63. Krzys

FN2 Single biggest mod for improved throttle response?

I was going to mention this too, its a pet peeve of any car I've driven with and electronic throttle pedal!
  64. Krzys

Civic Type R EP3 TURBO/SUPERCHARGER?

Mine seems to be pretty good in the corners to be fair, certainly helps knowing how to use it :)
  65. Krzys

DC2 DB8 DC5 BIMTA Certificates and selling a DC5 - advise please

When I imported the Stagea it had the speedo converted and the odometer changed too. Seems a lot of imports only have the speedo done.
  66. Krzys

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

My brother put a short shifter on the track EP3, I really don't like it but he seems to love it despite us both missing gears regularly with it!
  67. Krzys

Mike's Cosmic EP3

He won't now :lol:
  68. Krzys

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Rumbled!
  69. Krzys

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Looks good mate, well done!
  70. Krzys

Car won’t start, no faults!

Basically that, there's two marks on the cams to check.
  71. Krzys

EP3 EP3 track build almost complete

We've been tracking an EP3 for two and a half years, we've split an engine mount, radiator popped and that pretty much it (Not on the same day I might add). Both of those parts were original and the car is a 2002 with 138k miles on.
  72. Krzys

Where are you off to for your track day? When I go, generally start off with about 24/25 psi in the tyres when cold, keep an eye on those during the day and adjust to your liking once warm. Check the oil too, should be okay but always worth a look at least at the lunch time break. Build up...
  73. Krzys

Looks the part!
  74. Krzys

Catback exhaust P0420

Cat-back systems start from the cat, they don't include one.
  75. Krzys

Hamza's NHB EP3

Welcome, nice EP3 and MB6. Used to have one myself :)
  76. Krzys

honda service plan.....worth it or not?

Depends really, if you're happy to do the annual oil change yourself I'd save the money and do that.
  77. Krzys

Ep3 swapping rear lights to pre facelift

I think if you get the tail light looms they should plug and play and save you chopping wires, could be wrong though.
  78. Krzys

EP3 Flashy's CG EP3 premier

Suppose it could have a slightly different shaped door?
  79. Krzys

Weird, I'd have thought there was only pre facelift and facelift to choose from?
  80. Krzys

Ep3 dipped beam bulbs

Would agree with that one.
  81. Krzys

FK8 Shell V-Power

A friend of mine did the half tank filling too which is fine for short runs etc but like you I've always racked up the miles and it's just easier to go tank to tank and not mess about filling up so often.
  82. Krzys

HID/Zenon headlamps and new MOT directive

Should be easy enough to swap it back to standard. Most HID kits are plug and play.
  83. Krzys

FK8 Shell V-Power

Both the EP3's get 95 and whatever is cheapest at that. Stagea I prefer to put Tesco 99 in because 10p a litre less than VPower makes a difference over a 64l tank.
  84. Krzys

Dyno Dilemma

I've always found tyres to be less grippy after lathering on a load of tyre shine gel especially!
  85. Krzys

I'm of the same thinking, hit an area with all the jobs you want to do once and once only if it can be helped!
  86. Krzys

Very nice and nice plans too! Coils for the win as dizzy's are notorious on B series engines given their age now.
  87. Krzys

FK8 Track Pads

Probably something like a car show maybe? Rather than a full day open pitlane.
  88. Krzys

More than enough miles to start giving it some stick :)
  89. Krzys

FK8 Track Pads

Ain't it just! Three sets of wheels and tyres for the dedicated track car :lol:
  90. Krzys

Dyno Dilemma

Did your friends use the same dyno that you have as well? Servicing all up to date too? Fuel filter etc (I know you mentioned plugs).
  91. Krzys

EP3 EP3 Wont start - Think its a key issue?

Get a friend to tow you in.
  92. Krzys

FK8 Track Pads

That's why I'd never recommend drilled discs to anyone, grooved yes. 95% on here only need blanks, my road cars included.
  93. Krzys

FK8 Track Pads

Did you do any cool-down driving during your track day? I hope you didn't put the handbrake on either!
  94. Krzys

Good track days for novice in NW?

Car show track sessions can be quite chaotic and always have to be more aware of the others around you. On a dedicated track day everyone is there for the same thing and they're not a cheap day out either so people tend to play nicer.
  95. Krzys

EP3 Misfire when wet - Help needed please.

Moving away from the exhaust then, does it have the standard airbox and filter?
  96. Krzys

Krzys' Nissan Stagea S2 RS Four S - Steve

I really like it! Rear has settled a little too so there's now less of a rake. :)
  97. Krzys

Krzys' Nissan Stagea S2 RS Four S - Steve

Been a while since anything has changed with Steve but here are two of the big upgrades I've been meaning to do for a while! Meister R suspension along with R33 GTR front and rear brakes! Rear discs aren't my choice, but have life in them so going to run with them for now and replace with...
  98. Krzys

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

#-o
  99. Krzys

Good fun though, that's what I'm reading!
  100. Krzys

Schweeeeeeeeet!
Back