• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. SK-R

215 or 225 Tyres Ep3 Type R

I had 215 on mine, felt great. 225 prob too big tbh
  2. SK-R

Suits' Cosmic EP3 - ***Oil Leak 08/09/23

Couldn't agree more. New cars just simply lack soul, as cringe as that may sound to some, it's true. No driver involvement, more disconnected than ever, heavier, filled with tech that you mostly do not need, and on top of that they cost a lot more (like for like models). OP, lovely EP3, if I...
  3. SK-R

Seeking advice from other Type-R owners.

It's an old car and bound to have issues/imperfections, however that example does not sound loved to me and will cost you a decent penny to bring up to scratch. That's without even considering the cost of a decent respray either. I'd personally walk and find one from an owners club/fb group that...
  4. SK-R

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Some great work going on here mate, I like where it's going! Keep it up :)
  5. SK-R

2019 Supra GTS

Gotta love the shot of it in the mud haha, properly used! :)
  6. SK-R

Alfa Romeo Quadrifoglio

Am I going mad or is this thread on Cutters forum as well? :) Lovely car bud, now has the brakes to match its looks.
  7. SK-R

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

I'm definitely ready for this story :)
  8. SK-R

EP3 TYPE R COSMIC GREY

Awesome thread Deano, gotta love an OEM+ restoration of an EP3. Car looks lovely, in the best colour (imo) as well. I did something similar to mine a few years back, they are great cars to work on. So simple compared to all the modern stuff :) Whats next?
  9. SK-R

2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Congrats man, have the prices on these also gone mental now?
  10. SK-R

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Whats up with front left camber?
  11. SK-R

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

That's some good progress on this mate, I really miss my DC2 and would love a JDM 98' spec one. Sadly they along with DC5s are silly money now.
  12. SK-R

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

That is true, it seems a lot of brands we used to praise and love have now been watered down. Right now I wouldn't be buying any used car, the market is trash and people are in for a shock when the bubble bursts and their recently leased 35k used car is now worth 10k less, as it was pre-covid.
  13. SK-R

The first car was used (10k miles or so) and the second was brand new. Had to reject both of various issues, basically related to QC and dealers unable to work on them properly. Post #32 onwards in my thread on here lists some of my journey with those problems, have a read...
  14. SK-R

As someone who owned 2x i30Ns, just don't... The dealer network is not there to support the type of product they sell. They have been selling eco sh*tboxes for donkey's years and treat people with N cars just the same. The cars themselves are good but I'd wait for the right Type R if I was you.
  15. SK-R

My FD2! RedH88

Looks great man, you getting a replacement wheel or a new set of wheels altogether?
  16. SK-R

FK8 FK8 or FK2?

If you have the option to buy a GT3 or an Exige, I would definitely not be considering an FKx of any kind haha. Totally different league cars. In the next couple of years I hope to jump into a Cayman GT4 or Exige Sport 380 and then some random hatchback/saloon car for the mrs so I don't have to...
  17. SK-R

Lotus Elise S2 111S

That is a lovely looking thing, sorry to hear about all your troubles but at least you got there in the end. Enjoy it man, they don't make cars like they used to anymore, especially since all 3 lineups ended production this year.
  18. SK-R

EP3 EP3 JDM => FD2

Give the I30N a test drive, they are very engaging and sound great!
  19. SK-R

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

Looking great mate :cool: Go put some miles on it after lockdown!
  20. SK-R

370z Nismo

Nice purchase mate, I used to have a 370Z a few years back. Really needs sports cats/different exhaust to make that V6 shine though as it is very muted from factory. It is probably the most analogue/oldschool feeling new car you can buy and that's a good thing! Hows your mpg though? :D Lowest I...
  21. SK-R

EP3 What did you do to your EP3 today?

How is she, any changes? :)
  22. SK-R

My Polished metal metallic FK8

How come you are getting new calipers bud, whats up with the old ones? Car looks good :)
  23. SK-R

BMW M2 competition

Looks very angry, I like it :)
  24. SK-R

Mark's Championship White FK8 GT

Keeping her fresh for the next guy ey? lol :)
  25. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

I went with it because I got it for an absolute steal given the spec and mileage. Literally no other reason haha. I was after an E92 M3 at the time :) Yeah man, that was the intention from the start. I knew what I bought was a good deal and they have skyrocketed in the last few years, for...
  26. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Just realised I never updated this, but yeah car was sold back in August 2020 for a ridiculous profit, so it was a no brainer. Also, I really grew to hate the SMG and swore to never buy another computer infested transmission ever again. Few final pics before it went: Been without a car...
  27. SK-R

Flashy's Ibis White Audi Mk2 TT 2.0tfsi valvelift

There are some second hand ones on ebay for around 20 quid, you could always buy one and paint that properly inside the house/garage then fit? Looks nice in carbon too though :)
  28. SK-R

Lower it for sure :)
  29. SK-R

BMW M2 competition

Very nice man! I am considering the new GR Yaris myself... looks real fun and pretty good deals on them.
  30. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Yes I had a 2005 Silver Grey manual M3 :)
  31. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

I attended a cruise that Petroleum car club organised. There was some really nice motors there, I was slightly jealous... I was one of the first to arrive at the meetup point and felt slightly outnumbered by these german brutes! But then I got backup :) Civic was too low to get over...
  32. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Continued... Next day I decided to change the side side indicators as they were holding water. Gave the area a good clean and changed for LEDs The car also had a knock from the rear window area when driving over uneven road, turns out these llittle orings were either missing or shot...
  33. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

28th May 2020 The door mirrors looked a little tired so I ordered a new set from MirrorJohn. Super fast delivery! Side by side: After: Much better :) Then it was time to address the indicator situation. Corner light out and some tape on the bumper to prevent damage when removing...
  34. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

30th April 2020 Got a little update in the regards to the ride height, managed to squeeze some time onto an MOT ramp from a local garage and adjust the suspension with the spacers back on. Raised it about halfway from what it was Cleaned up spacer and back on it goes Much better :)...
  35. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

29th April 2020 Cheeky pic looking back at it as we all do Unfortunately as mentioned previously this is the result of driving it around like that So I took the wheels off to have a look if I can adjust it on my drive but unfortunately it looks like a spring off job? Sadly while...
  36. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Since the mods have kindly created my purchase post into its own build thread, I shall oblige and post my journey. OP post has been updated to reflect this. 24th April 2020 Starting off, there were some errors on the dash in relation to the headlamps: Turns out these were the culprit...
  37. SK-R

N77’s new R

Dropped you a follow :)
  38. SK-R

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Going back to something german again or?
  39. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Yes, as that was what I originally wanted to buy. Went to view a few late comp cars, some fully loaded, other special editions like the KA401 and LE500's. Problem was finding one that was actually kept in good condition and/or had actuators and rod bearings done. Then it was the debate between...
  40. SK-R

Very nice, congrats! Can't go wrong with white on black
  41. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Thank you buddy, it is a well sorted car indeed. Needs a little TLC but nothing I can't sort out, especially given all the spare time we have at the moment. Yeah the RACP has been reinforced with plates and resin injected :) The big jobs on these are rod bearings, racp, vanos and headgasket (on...
  42. SK-R

Cosmic Grey 2005 EP3 Civic Type R

Good work going on here, keep it up! :)
  43. SK-R

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Looks a lot better than some of the facebook photos I've seen shared about mate. If it gets too bad to warrant a full respray, you can finally change to the faster NHB colour :p At the end of the day these are old cars now and will start to require more than just basic TLC to keep them in tip...
  44. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Yep, Turner reinforcement plates and resin injection, done by CA Automotive a few years ago. Still fresh underneath :) Thank you my fellow BMW M owner :D This one is SMG, my previous was manual. I have put aside a sum of money for a conversion if I cannot get on with it, but since it's had...
  45. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

No, just a normal M3. It has genuine CSL alloys though and I recently bought a genuine CSL boot but fitting will have to wait post lockdown. Will hunt down a CSL diffuser at some point too :)
  46. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Not quite.
  47. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

Nope, I shall make a thread about it later in the week :)
  48. SK-R

SK-R's BMW E46 M3

I bought a wheel :) PS: Came with the rest of the car too :D ________________________________________________________ EDIT: Right I should probably introduce the car a bit better than "hey I bought a wheel" lol. Since I am documenting this build on another forum I will try my best to...
  49. SK-R

Haha nah just wondering how he is getting on as I was originally considering an FK2 before the i30N. To be honest I never got the chance to properly drive an FK8, as the test drive in Honda's Bracknell branch was so bad, the old guy was being super moody and started bitch every time I got near...
  50. SK-R

SK-R's Hyundai i30N Performance

Boost blue mate :p
  51. SK-R

How does it compare to the FK2 mate, in all aspects of daily usage?
  52. SK-R

N77’s new R

Very nice, love little touches like that, it's all about the TLC ;)
  53. SK-R

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

That looks like a horrible mix of an FK8 and an existing Jazz, lets hope it looks better than that lol.
  54. SK-R

NHB EP3 06 Premier Edition

Seeing this makes me miss mine... lovely car bud
  55. SK-R

I'm definitely not that brave hahaha. I am not saying anything until I get to the point where I can afford to buy one, then I shall reveal :)
  56. SK-R

The drama of fast launches in a straight line wears off and I love corners. AWD is sort of a cheat in that regard (for the cars that actually do it well), as it makes it too easy, almost too "safe" as to say. That said, I've seen plenty of RS3 owners in a ditch so it's not a "I win button". The...
  57. SK-R

No more hot hatches or anything Korean for that matter lol. Next car will most likely be RWD since AWD does not do it for me and my last 4 cars have been FWD. I have something on my mind, depending on how this job opportunity works out that I am currently going through the interview process...
  58. SK-R

Well today I got an unexpected call. Hyundai Finance have finally made a decision after 7 weeks of "investigation" and help from a third party which came to inspect the car. I'm glad to report that it has worked out in my favour, the dealership has been presented the case and they have accepted...
  59. SK-R

When/where is the next meet bud so I can note it down?
  60. SK-R

I've had it back for a while, they just have an 8 week period in which they do these cases and advised me to keep driving it if the faults are not major since I am paying for the thing. I needed to get to work anyway. It's all a bit crazy really I mean, they sent an independent inspection party...
  61. SK-R

It's in progress mate, but I don't have high hopes for it working out as the finance company is absolutely useless. Also they can take up to eight weeks to do so. That said, all issues have been resolved now so it's a matter of rejection based upon the hassle I've had to endure. I am enjoying...
  62. SK-R

Gave her a clear and wen't for a drive last weekend http://i.imgur.com/qedhWU7h.jpg http://i.imgur.com/mE8GAcUh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/OtNoyOHh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/wV4GNchh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/JH4nKN9h.jpg All the "problems" go away when you go for a blast like that... Edit...
  63. SK-R

WelshyWelsh's FK8

Definitely get the Alfa, such a pretty car and sounds good unlike the FK8 :D
  64. SK-R

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

I see, thank you for providing that insight. It makes sense, a lot of these DSG/DCT/Auto cars these days are super fast but they feel super boring to drive. Not many manual "analogue" feeling cars left on the market! (new that is) Post some pics!
  65. SK-R

JRSC EP3 Race car build video pg9

Isn't the RS3 > FRS a bit of a downgrade in terms of performance/sound/cabin ? Not been in the Focus but sat in plenty of RS cars, the main reason I'd ever buy one is the sound and looks but I must admit they did feel a bit "numb" after you get past that crazy launch from a dig.
  66. SK-R

Those were special circumstances, I don't always drive like that! :O ... mostly
  67. SK-R

Pretty bad lol. Then again I can't really bring myself to drive it in Eco or Normal modes, so it's always in N or N custom, burbling away. I get an average of 21 mpg. If you do drive it at 60mph in Eco mode on the motorway, you ll get 40 but it's torture for me.
  68. SK-R

'57 Milano FN2 - First Hot Hatch

That looks very clean buddy! Welcome to TRO.
  69. SK-R

That would look very good with the red trim removed, just blue and black. Is it a metallic colour?
  70. SK-R

They are never quiet with me around! ha It's ok mate, nice car and all but sadly I got a lemon (two times in a row now..) and the dealership service has not done me any favours either by forgetting to fit things or just generally making a mess of a job. It's a real shame because the car is so...
  71. SK-R

"as will the fan-favourite triple exhaust pipes" Erm.. Pretty sure nobody likes that lol. Quad tips on the FK2 are 10x better looking and suit the body of the car perfectly.
  72. SK-R

Don't let my experience sway you away from the brand, for every 5 problematic cars there are probably 100 that have no issues whatsoever. As with all new cars these days, QC is very neglected compared to 10-15 years ago when cars were built to last and checked over properly during PDI's...
  73. SK-R

Ep3 air intake

I loved my Tegiwa M, if I was to do it again I would go the same route!
  74. SK-R

Thank you, that was very helpful! I shall keep it in mind when pricing these up. First I need to get rid of the i30N because technically if I was to go by the book, the dealership can offer me a replacement brand new car (MY20) instead of outright rejection/refund. We'll see what happens.
  75. SK-R

That is the sort of thing I was looking at as well, picking up a low mileage 17/18 plate car and doing a Stage 1 turbo kit. I had a look on Fensport's site and they give a pretty good description as to what each kit has and what else is recommended, however I believe the quoted price for those...
  76. SK-R

The car was a daily, with intention to go on track with it since it has warranty on all major tracks as well. There are many people who have not had a single issue with these and track them regularly, but there have also been a good chunk who have had major problems. It seems like the QC...
  77. SK-R

I am tempted by an FD2 not going to lie... On a completely separate note, what is your opinion on a Toyota GT86?
  78. SK-R

Just came back from the Stealers. Convo went something like this: Service Manager: Hello sir, hope you had a good Christmas. How may I help you? Me: My vehicle was here for some work just before Christmas. It would appear that the undertray was not fitted *shows picture on phone*. Where is it...
  79. SK-R

There is a cut-out for the oil filter on the under-tray, it's really easy to change actually. But yeah this is unacceptable regardless of circumstances... You got any recommendations on real Hondas? :D
  80. SK-R

I've been trying to narrow down that whining/whistle noise and I am almost fairly certain it is not the turbo but perhaps a pulley of some sort. The sound is too distinctive to be a turbo and only audible between 1200 and 3000 RPM, after that all sorts of other sounds muffle it (engine, exhaust...
  81. SK-R

Yeah me too but the 3 cylinder thing puts me off a bit... although its fast for what it is!
  82. SK-R

Yeah they are the best rated mini hot hatch you can buy. I was actually looking at the brand new Focus ST, seems quite nippy and comes with quite a bit of tech.
  83. SK-R

Hell no haha. I cannot go through this circus again. I drove one when I did a test drive in the Bracknell branch (which is not shut down I think?) and the older gentleman that accompanied me did not alloy anything more than 4k revs haha. I think I did a single pull above that and he was grumpy...
  84. SK-R

The gearbox related ones and the steering rack one are common enough yeah, I'd say 3-4 cars in every 20 have them, or at least the owners who are mechanically minded notice them. Not good at all to be honest! I showed a clip of the whistling noise to a friend, he said it sounds like the...
  85. SK-R

I was not planning on making this update yet, since I am still waiting for things to settle in place but here we go. So far you have seen pictures of the car and generally my good experience with it. What I have not talked about it the absolute hell I've had to endure when it comes to Quality...
  86. SK-R

Championship White DC5

Looks lovely that! What mileage is it on?
  87. SK-R

Guess it's time I should update this thread. It was finally time to get the car detailed and protected, this included the following: - Hand washed then rinsed, all panels then clayed fully before a final rinse down. - Panels then inspected fully before a single stage machine polish. -...
  88. SK-R

Clutch/Syncromesh issue, please help.

Light pedal is normal after a clutch change, had my EP3's clutch done at TGM as well and it was brilliant to drive after. Before that it was heavy, grinded 2nd/3rd and biting point was not right.
  89. SK-R

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

I plan on doing one also next year, let me know when :) Also congrats on the car! Back in the fold I see :D
  90. SK-R

2018 Black sapphire metallic BMW M2

4 days left... Edit: NVM just saw the other thread.
  91. SK-R

used NSX?
  92. SK-R

Is it German?
  93. SK-R

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

Civic is cool but that S2K!!!
  94. SK-R

It gripped quite well actually, he did manage to do a drift coming out of the roundabout which no doubt caused some brown pants moment but it was pretty epic to see :D Awesome car, I want one.
  95. SK-R

Went for an early morning blast with some fellow petrolheads from an app called Roadstr. It's pretty cool you guys should check it out, but anyway here are some photos: That GTR was a Litchfield Stage 4.25 (650-700hp) and decatted, let's just say there was plenty of flames to be...
  96. SK-R

New To The vtec World

Michelin PS4 are a good all around tyre and comes in the OEM sizes.
  97. SK-R

N77’s new R

You getting a pedalbox for this? Seems to be getting rave reviews on the R forums, I am considering one for my car as well.
  98. SK-R

Not heard of a BMW blowing up after 18 months lol
  99. SK-R

Ebay mostly.
  100. SK-R

Right time for another update. Got some more bulbs! Rear LEDs: Got a screen protector from Amazon. It is hard to capture but the original screen has a matte anti-reflective surface. The issue with that is, fingerprints are hard to clean off and I've always preferred glossy...
Back