• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TiMtImInYtImTiM

What did you do to your Type R today?

Installed some Unity LED side repeaters from the US this afternoon. Quite pleased at how they look. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FL5 New Civic Type R

Dealers have no idea as there is no official word from Honda on anything related to the new Type R. Only the Prototype under wraps at the Tokyo Auto Salon and this drip feed of performance tuning and testing at Suzuka which led to the fastest lap announcement. Anything else is pure speculation...
  3. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

There really are!
  4. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Fk8 current values

I was really lucky to get one of the last FK8's off the production line and paid 34k for mine all in. I would expect due to demand to pay 36k for one and that wouldn't be too bad, but anything 40k + is stupid and 46k for a boost blue is mental money. As Dotty says for 35k the FK8 is an...
  5. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

The seats wear because they have high bolsters to keep your ass in place during cornering. Be careful what you wish for. We will all be complaining the seats weren’t sporty enough if they modify them too much. The FK8 side bolsters are already a lot softer than the FK2. Sent from my iPhone...
  6. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Fk8 current values

It's the best FK8 colour IMO. I've had 2 Rallye Red's now.
  7. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Fk8 current values

I made the decision when I found out there weren't many left that it was going to be a keeper. I had 1 of only 4 remaining Rallye Red cars and being one of the last UK built Type R's it feels special to me.
  8. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 2023 Type R first pics in a simpler camo

I think it looks fantastic in camo. They haven't unveiled the rear lights or most of the details yet. They are testing it in Germany so I would guess that we will see it here in the UK. No news on where it's going to built yet. Interested to see how the car has developed. It needs to be quicker...
  9. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Aftermarket Exhausts

Exhausts are easy to remove should you need to make a warranty claim. I've had 2 Milltek systems and now have a Remus. The build quality on the Remus is superior, but its nearly double the price. Electronic controller is a must IMO.
  10. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Rays stock is pretty limited at the moment. Best bet is to find a supplier and ask what’s available Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Standard ride height and I like how it looks. The overall wheel circumference is the same as OEM and being wider they fill the arches much better Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Track and warm weather Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Rays 57Xtreme Rev Limit edition wheels went on the car this weekend. Pretty pleased with how they look.
  14. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Yakushi Show - 12th June

There is a generic FK8/FK2 stand if anyone fancies it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Yakushi Show - 12th June

Hi all, a few of us are meeting on the =AZVLQWJgLEqhcUkfZvG0vFm3GxtUZSgLKQTdSVJ15cEDH1XoN-xUe7CG5tHxlqhfS_Q1oR-HjnqgIHyqYCOLKSZhSkkx6wM9BFTu2-R-J8K5VbHHl9SHPBTnYGliB0ifGyUgO1pLzccufGN4fFqcDfs2F7pRcb0Ft1C9D1y-bS81ElJof8fY7fkdkhhCMcgmX3I&__tn__=kK-R']Dream Automotive stand at the Yakushi show on...
  16. TiMtImInYtImTiM

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

I live near Dotty and would love to meet you to see the car sometime. Let me know if you are ever around [emoji1303] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

I have been looking into this as well. It seems the later cars with GPF have to run on Honda 0W20 Type 2.0 C2/C3 spec oil and cannot run on anything else. Track specific oils like the Millers are no good which is a shame. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. TiMtImInYtImTiM

It’s an improvement in every way you won’t regret it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. TiMtImInYtImTiM

When I ordered mine at the end of March I was shown a screenshot of what was left that could be ordered. I got one of the last 4 Rallye Red to come out of Swindon. There were a few available for June delivery in other colours. They will all have almost certainly been ordered now. I would be...
  20. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I’ve been keeping my eye on the Emira. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like when it’s revealed. Lotus seem to have really stepped up production quality for the new car. I was seriously tempted by the Elise 420 Final Edition but bottled it and ended up with another FK8 due to daily...
  21. TiMtImInYtImTiM

+R mode is harsh on the roads because its not designed for it. The dampers have been adjusted to make the car even better on track. Sport and comfort modes feels firmer because the whole car has been stiffened by 15%. The new shocks are calculating the changes in the road surface 20 x faster...
  22. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Moral of that video... Dont try and race an M3 in your FK8 ;)
  23. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I can't stand Matt from Car Wow. His reviews are misinformed and incorrect the majority of the time. And his drag races are completely pointless and do not give an impression of a cars speed. Unless of course you are a traffic light warrior. In which case buy a Golf R.
  24. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 2021 FK8 Stereo options missing

Hi all, I have a 2021 MMC FK8 and have noticed the Entertainment system is missing some features that the 2017 model has. For example there does not appear to be an option for Loudness (forget the proper name). This option used to live in the same screen as the adjustment of volume at speed...
  25. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Like the black seats in those. Congrats!
  26. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Tyres...help a noob out....FK8

No but I have 255/30 x ZR20 Have a play with tyre sizes using this: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=245&aspect=30&diameter=20&wheelwidth=8.5&offset=60&width2=255&aspect2=30&wheel_size=20&wheel_width=8-5&offset2=40 I always go to the MPS4S over the Conti's when replacement time...
  27. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 Oil?

Some good advice here
  28. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Brembo lacquer peel?

I had lacquer peel on both my FK2 and FK8. I tracked both cars frequently and the brakes get very hot. Brake fluid leaks as mentioned above can cause this as well.
  29. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Which FK8 - Pre-Facelift vs Facelift?

Hi all, having owned a 2017 and now a 2021 I can say the differences are well worth the investment. Briefly, the front grille is now 13 percent wider which makes it run 18 degrees cooler on the track. You can tell unless you get down low but the front splitter is revised to direct air under...
  30. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Not many brand new FK8s left apparently - just ordered mine

I have just purchased one of the last 10 Rallye Red to come out of Swindon. There are a few kicking around at dealers but if you want a new one this was all thats left last Wednesday when I purchased mine.
  31. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Anybody running 18’s for track days?

This is a great article on running 18's on the FK8: https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a25683452/smaller-lighter-wheels-hurt-handling/ If you can get a set that are as close to possible to the OEM Scrub then you will be ok. I ran OZ Superturismo 18x8J on 245/45 Yoko's...
  32. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Another FK8...

Hi all, After selling my 2017 FK8 before lockdown last year. I am now the proud owner of brand new Rallye Red FK8 GT. The changes in the model revision make a big difference! Its good to be back :)
  33. TiMtImInYtImTiM

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

I use mine as a daily and have done 26k miles. Although the car is wide and quite long, I’ve never had any issues parking it. The car fits in the drive normally as well. It’s the best car I’ve ever owned and I still feel lucky to own now after all those miles. I’ve enjoyed every one of them...
  34. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Some close up photo’s have been posted on the FK8 Facebook group Not a fan of new front or rear black plastic parts at all. But like everything else. I wonder if they have made the gear gaiter alcontara as well. Also noticed the Jap shape number plate holder on the front. Sent from my...
  35. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I’m not so sure. The current disks are £300 odd. If they start making the components too expensive the cost of ownership makes the car too expensive for the average owner. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  36. TiMtImInYtImTiM

That’s likely to mean engine lights on when exhaust is changed. Interested to see the steering wheel. I will enquire about pricing at my next service in a couple of weeks for new grill, brake rotors and steering wheel. They are nice upgrades. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  37. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Car pictured on the ring in Phoenix yellow was wrapped on the roof, grill and mirrors. I still think they are coming to market with a hotter version aimed at the ring record with loads of carbon. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  38. TiMtImInYtImTiM

The new grille is a welcome change for cooling. The new bumpers I actually don’t like at all. Interested in pad and disk changes. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  39. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

I like Evo as they do these tests with several different reviewers over a few days and in different conditions. The result is an outcome of the experiences and conversations. It is always good to read the differences in opinions and a collective result, rather than an individual's opinion like...
  40. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Touch-up paints

Thanks everyone. I’ll grab one and let let you all know how I get on. It’s only a small mark on one of the wheels so should cover up nicely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  41. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Touch-up paints

Hi all, I’ve been looking for a touch up paint for the OEM black wheels. I’ve found plenty in Rallye Red but nothing for the wheels. Berlina, Nighthawk black etc pens available but wheels are a flat gloss black. Anyone found anything? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  42. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

Just found it in December's [emoji1303] Really interesting read. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  43. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Hot hatch MEGA test

I’ve looked through Oct and Nov editions of EVO and can’t find this mega test [emoji45] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  44. TiMtImInYtImTiM

It looks good doesn’t it! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  45. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

Welcome back bud, cracking day! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  46. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 taking scalps...

I love Brands in the FK8. Got an Open Pit Lane booked for 9th December with a garage if anyone fancies it?
  47. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Anyone tuned their FK8?

Hondata and KPro both have some good tune packages now. TDI North are using the KPro and getting a comfortable 360-380 BHP on catalogue maps. Dream are getting the same results with the Hondata and have put a of time into travelling to America and Japan to test the tunes and learn the...
  48. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 overheating

I've been using my FK8 on track for a couple of years and haven't had an issues with overheating. Brands, Thruxton, Silverstone, Spa, The Ring and all ok. Only mods are Exhaust and Eventuri.
  49. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Brands Hatch Track Day 9th December

Hi all, Booked my final track day of the year at Brands Hatch Indy on 9th December. I have a garage if anyone fancies joining me. https://www.trackdays.co.uk/book/cartrackday/12601/ Cheers, Tim
  50. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Remap ECU FK8

Not sure why after countless occasions of asking you politely you still have to mention my bad luck. And worse still mention the car again. I do wish you would think before you make comments that could cause people unnecessary attention. I have never been able to prove the cause of my bad luck...
  51. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Remap ECU FK8

I've seen so many people reporting 30+ bhp from various maps and well as fuel economy gains. After being burned by ECU maps in the past I am waiting for Dream to get the Hondata nailed.
  52. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 What did you learn about your FK8 today?

I track mine regularly. It's done lots of laps at the Ring, Spa, Brands, Thruxton, Silverstone, Donington and Combe so far. I generally do a warm up lap, several hot laps then come in to allow the brakes to cool. I have never experienced high engine/coolant temps. I've upgraded the brake fluid...
  53. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Cap-less Fuel System

I've got caught out on a motorway where a service station was out of fuel. Ran a good 15 miles over empty and it was absolutely fine. I run Shell V-Power only which is one of the cleanest fuels available. Unlikely with a clean fuel and so little miles that any gunk is sitting in the tank.not...
  54. TiMtImInYtImTiM

If I was buying a 2019 model it's not the volume knob that would worry me. It's whether or not it has the particulate filter.
  55. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Good news is that all those parts will fit the original car. The wheels are different :)
  56. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Definitely nothing on that spoiler? Roof and mirrors covered so possible carbon roof? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  57. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Cant see a ring logo on the spoiler?
  58. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Phoenix yellow is a nice addition. It’s got a different grille as well, get more air in possibly. Watching this closely. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  59. TiMtImInYtImTiM

That’s where I had my FK2... I’d be interested to see how long it lasts at that state of tune if he’s using it on track. Watching the vid, he’s driving with all the granny modes on, you can hear the collision detection going nuts. That means the TCS and VSS will be killing the power constantly...
  60. TiMtImInYtImTiM

It will only be a problem for the 2019 onward cars.
  61. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

The brand is the same as everything else? The only performance car sticking to FWD, the only one with actual aero, the only one designed and focused on track, the only one still using a manual box... Nissan haven't made anything new or exciting since the unaffordable GTR or the dated 370Z...
  62. TiMtImInYtImTiM

All direct injection cars will be getting the gas particulate filter as it is now a requirement for Euro 6d emissions regulations. Honda confirmed the Civic will be getting them from June 2018. But I haven't seen any info on whether the CTRs are getting them or not. There would definitely be a...
  63. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Brakes

Agree the pads make the dust, but a drilled disk will collect this dust in the holes. A grooved disk would surely cut the deposit away rather than collect it? RS29 are probably the better track pad. But they aren't as good as a daily pad. I have to find a balance. Tempted to go back to OEM...
  64. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

I am not disputing that there is a gearbox issue. I have seen it first hand. Just been lucky enough to be one of those that got a good one. I've certainly tested it during my 5 track days this year. Maybe the change of gearbox oil to AMSOil helped, who knows. I wonder what the percentage of...
  65. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Brakes

I have been running Project Mu HC800 front and rear on my FK8 for a year now. 5 track days and they have performed well. Discs however... I have small cracks in the OEM discs and after hard track sessions they fill up with deposit and then next 100 miles is rough. I am going to go for the...
  66. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Recommended dealers in the SE (Berkshire)

I have always taken both my FK2 and FK8 to Reading Honda. I've always had a good experience there and they have always looked after me and the cars. The service desk know about the Type R specific details and the techies I have spoken to about various issues have been knowledgeable. They...
  67. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 CTR 2019 talk

Never had a problem with warranty. Honda Reading replaced my buzzing centre speaker within a week. They also checked my tracking and alignment free of charge when I complained about inner tyre wear.
  68. TiMtImInYtImTiM

The pops and bangs are from Dotty’s M2 in background. We did that vid as a bit of fun. The actual Milltek noise isn’t as harsh. I can’t work out how to upload a video from the phone. I had the Race on my FK2 and although it sounded great and performance was excellent. It was far too droney on...
  69. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I bit the bullet after going out in the Milltek Demo car during our trip to the ring in October. The Milltek sounds great. Gives a lovely burble at low rpm and a nice extra amount of noise. Whilst managing to stay fairly quiet on motorway runs. Really pleased with mine. Eventuri next...
  70. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I can't see the need for heated alcantara seats
  71. TiMtImInYtImTiM

New tyres

I agree Chris. I don't think its looks odd on the 18's. Plus any car looks better on AD08R's right :)
  72. TiMtImInYtImTiM

New tyres

Stock Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  73. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Seat bolster wear arrrrrrrgggggh!!

They fit really well though. Worth it over the 30 eBay ones that don?t fit overly well.
  74. TiMtImInYtImTiM

New tyres

Hi Steve, The Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3/1.2 and the O.Z. SuperTurismo are the only 2 wheels that are OEM fitment. They even use the same wheel nuts. It's the reason I wanted either of those wheels. I use O.Z. SuperTurismo GT in 18" as my track wheel with Yokohama AD08R 245/40. My original...
  75. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

Start the car and leave the handbrake on. Enter the vehicle settings and you can change all the car settings, including the collision detection. My car has never randomly applied the brakes, but I do get the warning vehicle approaching flash up regularly. It normally is though...
  76. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Same, I cant think of a time i have ever used the volume on the head unit. Surprised by the lack of visual changes. I wonder what all those pictures that surfaced on the internet were then?
  77. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I took my FK2 to big power and the FK8 is mostly the same. You will be looking at around 340bhp with and exhaust and an Eventuri. Pop an intercooler and a stage 1 map and you will get something like 380bhp and 400ft lbs. There is an argument for too much power and IMO 380bhp is just that. I...
  78. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

Ignore this I read above and it should be in the boot :)
  79. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 towing eye?

I had no idea that was there! Does it take a standard screw on towing eye?
  80. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Type r led interior light kit

I'm interested in this kit. Anyone got any pics?
  81. TiMtImInYtImTiM

My air con is cold enough, I can just never tell if its on or not. Seems to blow cold even if I manually turn it to off in the climate screen. I had an interesting conversation about air con at Thruxton. I was sweating my ass off out on track as I have always turned it off during track...
  82. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Sorry Hazz didn?t see your comment. Great minds :)
  83. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I'd love to see a car with that spoiler on: http://www.tegiwaimports.com/mugen-rear-tailgate-upper-spoiler-honda-civic-type-r-fk8-17.html
  84. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Check your tyres properly on full lock

I'll no doubt pass you on the A33 as well. I'll have the wave armed and ready.
  85. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Were you in a white one? If so that was me on the A33 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  86. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

See my post above. Exact same issue and Honda replaced it under warranty
  87. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Metallic rattle when lifting off

Keep us updated :)
  88. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Metallic rattle when lifting off

I get a little whine from my diff when on full attack. I kinda like it.
  89. TiMtImInYtImTiM

It's probably to do with the stupid stretched look. I am really tempted to go to 255 or 265 when I move to MPS4S at the end of the year. Anyone already done this?
  90. TiMtImInYtImTiM

That seems awfully low bud. I have had mine out on track 3 times since Jan and had a 7,500 mile service on the variable plan. Still showing 6.5k to the next one.
  91. TiMtImInYtImTiM

More performance would be excellent. As it will be the same engine so the extra performance should be transferable to the previous model.
  92. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 FK8 dashboard fizzing at 3.5k revs...

I had a buzz from the centre of the car. After weeks of investigation I found the centre speaker to be the cause. I proved this by popping it out. And as if by magic the buzz was gone. The centre speaker has little clips that hold it in and some of them were loose. Dealer ordered me a new...
  93. TiMtImInYtImTiM

I noticed when swapping my wheels over that the inside edge had worn quite badly. I had at least 4mm left over the rest of tyre. I had Honda do a 4 wheel alignment check which came back as follows I am not entirely sure what this all means, but since the check new tyres have worn more...
  94. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Tyre Deflation System

I change my wheels for track use and when going back to the OEM wheels I get this a lot. Interesting to know it needs a fair distance to calibrate correctly.
  95. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Yeah functional vents are a big improvement on the back. The red test car has to be a Type S. Honda have said in a few different press releases that there will be variants. Cant see this being a 4WD model without a complete design overhaul. Interesting that there are no fog lights on the...
  96. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Took the car to Thruxton for the day on Monday. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  97. TiMtImInYtImTiM

In addition to this, be careful who you have fit them. I had a set of wheels ruined when having tyres changed on the FK2 19". I went directly to Honda to have my 20's fitted and they did a much better job.
  98. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Agreed, Black circles sell the correct tyre for 210 each. You will likely get them fitted for 10 a corner. IMO the Conti's are too soft and for the cost wear out too quickly. If you are replacing all 4 then the MPS4S is better option for every day driving. they are a similar cost though. Also...
  99. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 3 Things you'd like to se on the Fk8 Mk2

We all loved the screaming VTEC beauties of old. But the game has moved on. In order to compete with the competition Honda simply had to go turbo to keep up. At least they are sticking to their light and nimble FWD configuration, and not taking the the 4WD route like everyone else. I think the...
  100. TiMtImInYtImTiM

@VTECMattC - Get well soon mate! @ FaNtheMaN - Thanks, the coating really makes the colour pop. And it shines even when really dirty. I do it mainly to keep the track **** off the paint. It really helps to stop rubber, tar, brake dust, fallout from sticking to the paint. Making it mush easier...
Back