• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Yakushi Show - 12th June

Hi all, a few of us are meeting on the =AZVLQWJgLEqhcUkfZvG0vFm3GxtUZSgLKQTdSVJ15cEDH1XoN-xUe7CG5tHxlqhfS_Q1oR-HjnqgIHyqYCOLKSZhSkkx6wM9BFTu2-R-J8K5VbHHl9SHPBTnYGliB0ifGyUgO1pLzccufGN4fFqcDfs2F7pRcb0Ft1C9D1y-bS81ElJof8fY7fkdkhhCMcgmX3I&__tn__=kK-R']Dream Automotive stand at the Yakushi show on...
  2. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 2021 FK8 Stereo options missing

Hi all, I have a 2021 MMC FK8 and have noticed the Entertainment system is missing some features that the 2017 model has. For example there does not appear to be an option for Loudness (forget the proper name). This option used to live in the same screen as the adjustment of volume at speed...
  3. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Another FK8...

Hi all, After selling my 2017 FK8 before lockdown last year. I am now the proud owner of brand new Rallye Red FK8 GT. The changes in the model revision make a big difference! Its good to be back :)
  4. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Touch-up paints

Hi all, I’ve been looking for a touch up paint for the OEM black wheels. I’ve found plenty in Rallye Red but nothing for the wheels. Berlina, Nighthawk black etc pens available but wheels are a flat gloss black. Anyone found anything? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Brands Hatch Track Day 9th December

Hi all, Booked my final track day of the year at Brands Hatch Indy on 9th December. I have a garage if anyone fancies joining me. https://www.trackdays.co.uk/book/cartrackday/12601/ Cheers, Tim
  6. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Shell V-Power

Hi all, I always try to fill my car with the best fuel that I can. My most regularly visited fuel stop is Shell as I like their V-Power Fuel. Filling up this morning I noticed it was per 1.419 per litre!!! When did that creep up? I've been paying 1.32 - 1.34 recently which I thought was...
  7. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK8 Track Day Wheels

Hi all, As a regular track day attendee I like to have a 2nd set of wheels to run my track tyres, that I can swap over. This helps preserve the road tyres and the OEM wheels. On my FK2 I ran Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.3 in 19" with 245/35 tyres. The FK8 runs on 245/30 ZR20 as standard and I am...
  8. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Towing an FK2

I thought I would post to see what solutions people are coming up with for towing an FK2. I am a regular track day driver and have managed to keep the car out of the kitty litter so far. However if the worst was to happen and I need pulling out of the gravel or worse. The general rule is that...
  9. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Brands Hatch Open Pit Lane 2nd December

Hi all, A few of us have booked the Brands Hatch Open Pit Lane on 2nd December. Come and join us :)
  10. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Bulb kit

Hi all, I am preparing for a Euro trip to Spa and the Ring and need a bulb kit for my FK2. I cant anything on the internet. Does anyone know of a kit that contains a few spares to fit the car?
  11. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Factory Alloys - Alu or Mag and the myths

Wheel Trim Hi all, My OEM Honda wheels needs refurb. The paint is litterally flaking off the wheels and i'm going to have the powder coated with a lasting finish rather the **** paint Honda seem to use. Before I do this I am looking for someone who can supply wheel tape to fit the 19"...
  12. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Technical Data and Press Release

Hi all, I stumbled across this article from Honda. It goes into great depths to explain every technical aspect of our beloved FK2 and I found it a fascinating read. http://hondanews.eu/eu/en/cars/media/pressreleases/55296/2015-honda-civic-type-r There are so many technical changes over...
  13. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Honda S660 (S1000)

Hi all, I have been monitoring this little car since it was unveiled in Japan. The rumors are that the UK and Europe will be getting a 1000cc 127bhp model which would put it in direct competition with the new MX5 (also a great car) 1st quarter 2018 so we should start seeing information soon...
  14. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Servicing

I thought I would start a thread to discuss servicing on our beloved beasts. There is some confusion from Dealerships which leads to confusion as a customer. The FK2 Civic Type R was built on variable servicing. It should be counting down the miles to your next A or B service. There are also...
  15. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Exhaust Performance

Hi All, With multiple manufacturer offerings now available from the likes of Scorpion, Cobra, Martelius, Remus, Mongoose, J's and Inivida. Which is the best one in terms in performance gains. There has been lots of talk about which ones make the best noise. But changing to an aftermarket...
  16. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Changing the head unit

Hi all, I am thinking abou the head unit in my car to something that supports Apple Car play. I would like a sat nav that can update with traffic info and re-route accordingly. The factory unit displays economy on the info app. Do you think it would be possible to integrate this into an...
  17. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Nitrogen filled tyres

Driving to Stanstead Airport on Sunday my first alert light appeared. I was cruising at around 70mph when it popped up on the info panel. After checking the manual it appears to be a tyre related alert which makes sense. I had 2 new tyres fitted Saturday and had the rears moved to the front. All...
  18. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 FK2 Coming to Forza Horizon 3

This is superb news! The new car pack comes out tomorrow and guess whats's in it :) https://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/february_playseat_car_pack
  19. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Paint Care

Hi all, I replaced the number plates on my Milano Red FK2 yesterday. It had the dealership plates on originally with the black extended bit at the bottom of the plate. The new plates do not have this extended part and I can see a line where the old plate was. Dirt has obviously got...
  20. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 GENUINE HONDA JDM MODULO 5000K FOG LIGHT KIT

Hi all, I am pretty unimpressed with the factory fog lights. They look very dull in comparison to the cars beautiful headlights. I came across this on the Tegiwa website and wondered if anyone had attempted to fit any...
  21. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Head Unit Issues

Hi all, Trying to use the Honda App Centre but when I open it I get a 'no network access' or 'Cannot connect to network' error. Anyone else experienced this?
  22. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Track Wheels

After buying my FK2 I plan to use it for a few tracks days this year. I am expecting to get through tyres because of this and don't want to constantly have to change the tyres on the car. I was thinking of getting a set of track wheels that I can throw in the boot and swap over to use on...
  23. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Private plate

I am thinking about getting a private number plate and have come across "FK02 TGB". TGB are my initials and I though FK02 worked well as the cars is an FK2 model. What do you guys think, would you see it and see what I am trying to do?
  24. TiMtImInYtImTiM

VTEC Mini Conversion

Hi all, Talking to a couple of you about the VTEC conversion my late father and I did in my classic Mini a few years back. I would like to share some pictures but cant work out how to embed them. I can only post links.
  25. TiMtImInYtImTiM

TRO Mugs

Are any more TRO spill proof cups going to be made?
  26. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Puncture avoidance

Hi all, There is spare tyre in the FK2 and the Conti's are not run flats. What do you all do to try and avoid punctures and blowouts. Is a case of getting a tow when the dreaded happens?
  27. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Genuine Boot Liner Tray

Hi All, I play rugby and regularly have to put muddy kit in the boot. I found this and thought it looks a good solution. Honda don't seem to advertise it so is it genuine? Anyone else ordered from Cox Motor Parts...
  28. TiMtImInYtImTiM

FK2 Potential FK2 owner

Hi Guys, Not posted for a while after selling my EP3 for a daily run around. I am heading to my local Honda dealership on Saturday to look at these 2 cars and will decide which one suits me best. They are both immaculate GT's and both under 7000 miles. I cannot decide on which colour...
  29. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Fitting a Decat Downpipe

Hi all, I replaced my exhaust system recently and have noticed that my CAT has seen better days. Whats the deal with fitting a Decat? Does it make the car difficult to MOT? I have been looking at this as a replacement...
  30. TiMtImInYtImTiM

EP3 Replacement front lip

Hi, I have a non facelift EP3 and would like to change the front lip. I have seen a few different options and wondered if anyone had fitted one and had any pics. Thanks
  31. TiMtImInYtImTiM

New Buddy Club Pro Spec Muffler

Hi All, I have just fitted my new Buddy Club Pro Spec III exhaust system. I had a nightmare getting the original system off and ended up cutting it off! The Buddy Club system was simple to fit and all the hangers etc were perfectly positioned. Really impressed with the welding and i think it...
  32. TiMtImInYtImTiM

Clutch Woes

Hi everyone, I have been driving my 52' EP3 with a wearing clutch for a while now. The car has covered 75,000 miles so I guess a new clutch was on the cards. Before I was not convinced it was a wear issue I dropped the car into my local Honda garage for a check up. They checked the fluid and...
Back