• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. R20190

Buckled Wheel Repair Recommendations in North London Pls?

I have an alloy wheel with a very small dent/buckle after hitting a pot hole, so it's no longer perfectly round. Just needs a little straightening. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced repairer in North London? All the ones I know only do cosmetic repairs and not structural repairs. Thanks :)
  2. R20190

Any Decent Custom SS Exhaust Shops in North London?

Can someone recommend a decent but reasonably priced custom exhaust garage in the North London area? I'm after a stainless steel exhaust backbox. Never had one before so hope they don't need to keep the car overnight. Cheers :)
  3. R20190

My New Motor! :)

Some of you may remember that I wrote-off my EP3 back in January but only got the pay out a few months later. Anyway, that’s all sorted now and I’ve been busy looking for a replacement ever since. Thought I’d share with you guys what I’ve been driving around in over the past few weeks and do...
  4. R20190

Loose/damaged radiator bottle?

I have a loose radiator reservoir bottle on my EP3. It’s also rubbed against something so will need replacing. Does anyone know how to replace it? Is it a straightforward task or is it a trip to the garage? Not sure if I’ve got my terminology right but it’s the bottle circled here. I...
  5. R20190

Work Safe Version of TRO

This might be too much work to do but I thought I'd stick the idea on here and see what others think. Is it possible to have an option in preferences where you can choose to view a work-safe/friendly version of the whole forum? For example, in the work safe/friendly version we might have...
  6. R20190

What's going on with Sky Insurance?

My wife and I both have had our cars insured with Sky for a number of years now. We've been fairly happy with them to date although there are others around that are just as cheap but Sky are quite local to me so we thought we'd stick with them. However, my wife's just received the renewal quote...
  7. R20190

Shell FuelSave

I doubt this would really appeal to many type-r owners but has any one tried this new FuelSave fuel from Shell yet? http://www.shell.co.uk/home/content/gbr/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/fuelsave/unleaded//
  8. R20190

Possible Front Suspension Issue - Advice Needed Pls!

I've noticed something wrong with my front suspension/chassis (EP3) for some time now but can't really put my finger on what it is. Lately it just feels as if there is no suspension at all... its just a dead thud when it goes over the smallest of pot holes. I think it may be the damper thats...
  9. R20190

DC2 DB8 DC5 Will there be a replacement for DC5?

Just wondering if Honda will be looking to make a replacement for the DC5? I know the FD2 is sort of a replacement for both the EP3 and DC5 in Japan, but are there any plans to bring out a new integra type-r at all or at least another coupe type-r?
  10. R20190

Honda Bulb Sizes/Types

I've been meaning to put together a list of bulb sizes/types for a while now seeing it's a very commonly asked question. EDIT 07/01/10: Updated with Jazz GD1/GD6 and Integra DC5 Bulbs There are a few lights I'm not sure of, so please help me populate the list if you know them! And please...
  11. R20190

Thanks!

A lot of other forums have this feature where there is a button for you to thank particular members for helping you out or for their contribution to the forum/thread. I think this is a great idea and encourages members to be more helpful to each other and creates a more useful forum. There...
  12. R20190

Finally got the Jazz Sport SE GD1!

We've been looking at getting a Jazz for ages but didn't really want to eat into our savings so I've been putting a few quid aside for almost 2 years and selling the polo I've bought this for the missus... (I'm still keeping my ep3.. for now!). Must say its a fantastic little car, handling...
  13. R20190

Hole in radiator overflow tank/bottle!

Just had my service and the garage found a hole in my radiator overflow tank/bottle. At first the guy seemed sure that I had to have it replaced immediately, then after a while he said it wasn't really that critical. So I'm after a second opinion. Oh and they want about £90 to replace it...
  14. R20190

Cheaper alternative to Ferodo DS2500 pads?

I've had Mintex pads on my front for about 3k miles now and the squealing is driving me nuts. Stopping power was good to start with but now they don't quite have the bite they used to. Not keen on forking out £80-£90 for a set of DS2500 front pads really. I don't track the car and I also...
  15. R20190

Strange sound under braking

Recently I've been getting a strange "click" sound when I brake from any speed above parking speed. It sounds as if its coming from the front somewhere and doesn't do it if I brake very very gently or brake from a very slow speed. I also think I may have a problem with one of my front...
  16. R20190

Advice on Facelift Flywheel (EP3)

Guys, I've having a gearbox repaired for a problem with one of the gears and have bought a good condition used facelift flywheel to replace the one in my pre-facelift ep3. The mechanic there told me that because it is used and that there are rust on it, it is best to have it "skimmed" to...
  17. R20190

Duragloss 105 Sealant

Has anyone used this on a silver car? I was recommended it the other day for my Silver EP3 as all other waxes seem the same on satin silver! Question is, is it any good? I want something that looks very glossy, durable and easy to use. Heres a pic of it:
  18. R20190

EP3 Car Battery

As many of you know, the standard battery in the EP3 is absolute pants and I've pretty much had enough of it. So I nipped down to my local halfords (yes I know they're a rip off but stay with me...) having read a few posts about the battery coding on CTRO and here. Halfords book says code...
  19. R20190

Any tips on washing car with little water?

Afternoon chaps! Having moved from a house to our new flat (top floor) I am having a bit of a nightmare trying to clean my car. I used to wash it at least once a fortnight. Now its more like once every 2 months - which ain't on. Problem is, theres no hoses or taps around our area so I'm...
  20. R20190

Is this a good price?

Age: 28 Car: EP3 NCB: 7+ years (Protected) License: 10+ years Mods: Filter, Tints, Front Lip, Grill, Bonnet, Mid-Pipe Exhaust Cover: Full Comp' =============================== £674 This is with Elephant who I've been with for the last 2 years. I know it depends on a lot of other factors...
  21. R20190

Convert Auto Jazz to Manual?

Is it possible to convert an Automatic Jazz to Manual transmission? How much would it cost to do this? Reason I'm asking is because the missus wants a pearl white honda jazz in manual transmission. White is not available in this country so it needs to be imported. But there isn't a model...
  22. R20190

Whats the best/£ tyre shine?

As above, what do you guys recommend for tyre shine for reasonable money? I'm currently using one from Turtle Wax, its good but only lasts a few days then the shine is gone. Oh and any recommendations for alloy wax to stop brake dust sticking to the wheels? I'm currently using Mers Wheel Wax...
  23. R20190

Seat Belt Jamming

I noticed recently that the tension in my drivers side seat belt was getting a lot worse than it used to be, despite it being the worse seat belt I've ever used :evil: I used to tug it a few times and it would return but now it gives up altogether. :mad: So I decided to have a look around...
  24. R20190

Missed MOT renewal!

Chaps, what happens if you missed your MOT renewal date? do you get fined when you come to renew it?
  25. R20190

Whats the best engine treatment/cleaner/flush?

I'm looking for a petrol additive to clean the inside of the engine. I know a lot of you use vpower but I'm looking for something that is designed to specifically clean the internals of the engine. Looking along the halford shelves theres so many to choose from, which ones have you used and...
  26. R20190

EP3 to DC5???

I've always had a soft spot for a CW DC5 but not really sure if I could afford to run one. But after seeing some big price drops lately I'm pondering with the idea about getting one. Trawling through the ITR section I can't seem to find all the answers to my many questions. So just hoping...
  27. R20190

Running costs of the CTR!

I've done this before when I bought it the car but now after almost 4 years of ownership this is what I am currently paying to keep my baby on the road. £205 - Road Tax £850 - Insurance £55 - MOT £250 - Service £280 - Tyres £100 - Cleaning Products £1300 - Petrol £200 - Extended Warranty £150...
  28. R20190

VPower = Better Economy???

I've often wondered whether theres any truth in this, so for 4 consecutive tanks I've used vpower instead of my normal 95ron. I noticed the car was a lot more responsive, and torquer lower down but fuel economy was worse. Quite noticeably worse. :confused: I didn't measure the mileage as I...
  29. R20190

TV programme reminders

Just had a thought, would it be useful to have a sticky in the say the Advice section where we can post reminders for interesting TV/Cable/Freeview/Satellite programmes? If someone spots something in the paper or an advert on telly worth watching they could post it up? Thought would be...
  30. R20190

EP3 Those of you with stiff gear changes...

Not sure if this is the reason for all the stiff gear change issues but I recently found the problem with mine which also explains why my clutch has been squeeking. I was washing the car the other day and took the ash tray out for a clean only to find a small cup of oil in the recess behind...
  31. R20190

Custom Body Parts

Does anyone know of a company that makes custom body parts (bumpers/panels/spoilers etc) cheaply?
  32. R20190

FN2 Will there be a JDM CW hatchback CTR?

I know there's the coupe CTR in japan as driven by Jenson Button but just wondering if theres going to be a JDM CW version of the hatchback CTR? Like the one in my avatar?
  33. R20190

Few questions regarding Gruppe M :D

Have now had the Gruppe M for a few days and loving every moment of it :twisted: but I have a few questions about it I need to clear up. 1. Quick release screws. Sorry if this sounds dumb but wouldn't it be easy for some toe rag to nick? Is there something that is more difficult to nick...
  34. R20190

Gruppe-M Vs Icebox

Gruppe M Vs Icebox Just upgraded to the Gruppe-M from the Icebox thanks to MilanoRed who fitted for me over the weekend. :smt023 Heres my first impressions of it in comparison to the Comptech Icebox which I’ve had for over a year now. Quality, Looks and Sounds The better...
  35. R20190

Anyone used DS Automotives in Aylesbury before?

They were formly G-Force Motorsport I believe, just wondering if any one has done any tuning with them before, any thoughts? I'd like to know what they are like in terms of: * Knowledge/Experience * Price * Customer Service * Atitude etc
  36. R20190

My Satin Silver 03 CTR - (56k :( )

Had my CTR for over 3 years now, 'bout time I posted some photos... :oops: :lol: No major performance mods really. Just an icebox, straight through mid-pipe, the rest is mainly cosmetic. Enjoy... :) [/img]
  37. R20190

Pic Request: Mugen Bonnet Vent

Afternoon chaps, I'm after a "square-on" photo (preferrably close-up) of a mugen bonnet vent, so that the outline of the vent can be traced. Thanks in advance!!!! :)
  38. R20190

Where do you keep your stereo fascia?

Changed my headunit last weekend and now I'm having to carry the fascia around with me wherever I go. I can't stand having to carry things when I'm out and about especially something the size of a brick. So what do you guys do with it?
  39. R20190

DC5 Recaros into CTR

Chaps, I'm considering getting a set of dc5 recaros but theres a few things I'm not sure about. I read on CTRO about carlo's car and know that I need to make a spacer for one of the bolts on both seats. However I am not sure how the seat belt socket is bolted to the car and whether the...
  40. R20190

Magnetic Sump Bolts

Are these any good on the CTR? I know a lot of the parts in the engine are iron based but the engine block is an aluminium alloy iirc, so not sure how effective this would be.
  41. R20190

Quick question about ISO Cables

I am looking to get this headunit as it falls within spec and budget but need to know if I require an ISO cable thingie :oops: It says on the spec list "ISO Cable" so I'm not sure if I need an adaptor. If I do, can someone point me to a link where I can get one from? Cheers! :) JVC...
  42. R20190

Modding Guide

Although this idea may come a wee bit late considering the EP3 is being replaced soon, I think it would be very useful to have a near-comprehesive list of modifications for the CTR or other type-rs. I would imagine having a table of modifications for both performance and cosmetic mods...
  43. R20190

Infinity Ref 6012i 6.5" speakers - Will I need spacers?

Guys, will I need spacers for Infinity Ref 6012i 6.5" speakers? It only has mounting points at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock positions. If so, which dimension spacer will I need (height, outside and insider diameter etc). Thanks :) Oh and where to get them from please? :lol: Heres a pic:
  44. R20190

Is this the bargain of the century? £3k CTR!

There's gotta be a catch somewhere, but 3 grand :shock: air con alone is 1 grand!!! :shock: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STUNNING-03-HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-6-SPEED-BUY-IT-NOW-3000_W0QQitemZ320022954209QQihZ011QQcategoryZ18206QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
  45. R20190

Icebox Owners!

I was cleaning my filter the other day and found a small stone in the bottom of the box! :shock: How the feck did that get there? :?
  46. R20190

FN2 New CTR at the British Motor Show! 8)

The photos don't do it justice. IT IS STUNNING! The colour is a pearlescent white with a tint of blue, better than CW imo. The rest of my photos are here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15417
  47. R20190

No one will fit my mid-pipe for me :cry: :cry: :cry:

Been phoning around all morning and none of the garages will fit a customer supplied exhaust :( - except one who charges £40+VAT! I'm in barnet, north london, anyone in the area knows how to fit one? Been thinking whether I should give it a go, I've got a pair of axle stands but they...
  48. R20190

Advice on sound deadening please!

Has anyone installed sound deadening on their CTRs? I'm thinking of fitting it on the cabin floor, boot and doors to reduce noise inside the car. Problem is, I've no idea how to do it or how much its going to cost. :oops: Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated but my main queries...
  49. R20190

Civic Strip Tease... Weight Reduction Guide

This should come in handy for those hardcore performance modders... although its the Si, most of the components are the same weight as our CTRs. http://www.importtuner.com/features/0407it_weight_reduction_tips/index.html
Back