• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scabbytramp

Advice / help / tips

Pick someone's brain! Fn2 won't start with start switch / It starts if you bump it & just changed battery. Any ideas ? When starting with the start switch, just seems to try tick once then dies. Tried to use jump leads from another car & no luck also, same thing.
  2. scabbytramp

M.o.t fail on handbrake light

Hi sorry. Could you explain which earth's in particailuar? I do have the diagram for the braking indicate system. Thanks .
  3. scabbytramp

Hey . Yeh I went to that first used pin to short the plug to see if it turned off aswell
  4. scabbytramp

Yeh it's booked it Thursday . I tried all the pins but the 12v so not to fry it . Topped up brake fluid bang on max line . . Still there . I presume the abs sensors are the ones dowe by the wheels . ? Is there a way to test them while I'm wairing for Thursday to come ? Thank yoooou
  5. scabbytramp

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?95307-CEL-on-having-trouble-self-diagnosing
  6. scabbytramp

Facing it towards me as in the digram has the following . 1. NothING 2.nothing 3.nothing 4. Black wire 5. Brown yellow 6. Nothing 7 green wire 8 nothing 9 nothing 10 nothing 11 nothing 12 nothing 13 nothing 14 light yellowish 15 nothing 16 red white
  7. scabbytramp

That's upside down in my picture So 4 and 9 are on the left side of plug. My wires are on right side ? Should I try upside down ? I hope you understand what I mean lol
  8. scabbytramp

Just checked obd2 port. It says 4 & 9 however my obd port only has 5 wires.? So you can't use 4 & 9 ? Cheers
  9. scabbytramp

Ignore that ! I just read it all =) looks simple
  10. scabbytramp

Sorry. How will you be able to read the code? As isn't the link for someone that doesn't have a diagnostic machine ? Thanks and sorry for acting dumb lol
  11. scabbytramp

Hey thanks . Can your CEL link be used in the same way ? Thank you
  12. scabbytramp

Hi . Just to state . The handbrake sensor ( under the handbrake trim is fully working ) Also the CEL light is not on. Only the handbrake light ( ! ) <---- can this still be read with a diagnostic ? Thanks
  13. scabbytramp

Anyone have any idea or info on handbrake light staying on for m.o.t ? . Trying to find the source of the problem. But having no joy . Handbrake sensor working. Brake fluid sensor working and just below max. 7.5amp fuse ( #10 under dash is not blown ) Traced handbrake wire all way to...
  14. scabbytramp

Fitting facelift wing mirrors to pre-facelift EP3

I used a screwdriver light :P to tell me which ones, done what, I wired them up, they seem fine, just doesn't go up and down, & theres no power going to up or down wire. .. . unsure why , how many fuses does the mirriors have ? only 1 I presume which is fine ?
  15. scabbytramp

heyyy I done it today but it wont go up and down :( on ether side, it goes left and right, and the heated mirriors work :( ? any ideas?
  16. scabbytramp

if I get stuck tomorrow, I shall be messaging you! :) cheers dude!
  17. scabbytramp

top man! :) so basically just link them together :P
  18. scabbytramp

I did do that but they wouldn't work, I know 1 wire controls left down, another up right, but just wouldn't work, I know thes 2 negatives on facelift, but only 1 on pre face, would u happen to have a diagram please bud ? with colour wires? :) pretttty pleaseeee
  19. scabbytramp

jack did you manage this? I tried the connections are different, along with the wires? signals are fine.
  20. scabbytramp

[request] pre facelift to facelift mirror conversion

having trouble figuring this one out, indicators on facelift are simple to wire, but cant seem to wire up , heater and controls for mirror rotation . anyone else done it ?
  21. scabbytramp

How to remove rear H badge? EP3

hair dryer, heat the edges up, then get some fishing line and slide it down the back,
  22. scabbytramp

ScabbyTramp' 02 Civic Type R (EP3)

the girlfriends crafting and stitching skills :)
  23. scabbytramp

so , got a front vent, and going to see what I can do with the bumper, my plan is to get outside car the way I want it, followed by interior, then will finally start with the engine & bay. then 34 hours later..... also used same mesh from the bonnet vents. also note I have a Honda...
  24. scabbytramp

Finally got them done, needs a good buffer, anyone got any tips to help light scratches? not everyones cup of tea , but its mine, there also meshed. getting the way I want it, a long way to go, before I can start adding to the engine ^^
  25. scabbytramp

Billy's Milano Ep3 - Type-R take 2.

You sure youre going to keep this one long enough to have mods on it ? :L lol....
  26. scabbytramp

Started working on my bonnet , as I wanted something different, as this was tricky, and not straight forward as I thought , this was the start , the next picture of bonnet will be finished .
  27. scabbytramp

re done my center console. ( properly now to fit the dvd player ) have to make a custom surround facisa for the cd player are is a tad bigger then usual
  28. scabbytramp

EP3 Dash Bulb Replacement

versions of the type r yours doesn't have,
  29. scabbytramp

ill get some just for you, though please be wary, as I seem to change my mind a lot. of if I rush it and don't like it, ill rip it out and re do. lol.
  30. scabbytramp

Got Vented discs ( all around , which ive put on, also done calipers yellow ) once I get black new pads, they will stand out nicely with new wheels too! I cleaned it yesterday , and used nattys blue wax, ( bubblegum smell ) this is what it looks like after a day, sooooo shiny And I...
  31. scabbytramp

DIY: HID Install EP3

ive not had any problems, I think what u mean by auto adjuster, is the fact you can adjust them from inside the car, which most modern cars have these days,. due to blinding other road users. I got 6000k, had no issues what so ever, police. m.o.t , or other road users.
  32. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

nvm got it! :)
  33. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

why with the front camber bolts? I get the rears, and the point for them ? but what about front ?
  34. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

what is FRSU ?
  35. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

or ??? suspension ??? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pro-Sport-Honda-Civic-Type-R-coil-over-suspension-kit-EP3-2001-2006-/350920148501?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3ACivic&hash=item51b4788615
  36. scabbytramp

Twegia Vs gruppe M

I know tweigia rips off gruppe m, but what is actually better if both same? about to purchase one. and just wondering. are these kits really worth it ? for the price you pay , or im I better of getting a manifold ? and tons of other stuff for cheaper? everyone has these, which is why I...
  37. scabbytramp

dark blue would be fine , white nope , its tinted orange, so white would show orange more
  38. scabbytramp

really depends what colour,. and nope there isn't,. u can however remove the strips on the dials. on center console ect, to make l.e.ds brighter through that.
  39. scabbytramp

u can try blue red/ white yellow. but be wary of shades, as its not the bulbs that colour the dash, its the plastic strip that's pre-colored. if u do go down that route, be sure to choose bright and BOLD colours. strong colours, strong blue, strong red, light colours will not work.
  40. scabbytramp

How - To - Take Seats Apart & Restich ! job Legnth = LONG!

same as the rest, restiched over, if u use a thcicker strand, my girlfriend is a crafting girl , so was natural to her ;) long as you go in same direction as the current thread,
  41. scabbytramp

maskeing tape residue

wpuld white spirit do any damage to the paint ?
  42. scabbytramp

maskeing tape residue

so I put a new boot badge on, and to hold it down, left masking tape on, , upon peeling it away its lot a lot of the residue behind, which you can clearly see. anyone got any ideas the best way of removing this ? as im having trouble getting it off,
  43. scabbytramp

nighthawk black, same as car colour, as its sprinkly with sunlight, but I might go to candy paint. .. I love look of it.
  44. scabbytramp

drivers seat finished, unsure how to put my clips by on center of seats as taking them off, broke the clips so wont go back on correctly.
  45. scabbytramp

EP3 head lights

hey bud, your pre face will be h4 ( xenon ) and hb3. and sidelights 501. think the ones you got are h7 . the reason there h4 & 3 pin is because they run of hi/low from same bulb. ( using 1 power / 2 negative wires that switch between )
  46. scabbytramp

issues with vtec

a while back I noticed, that my vtec would cut in late. now its very noticeable. espically when I was coming off a roundabout. like today it would cut in late, then when in vtec, it will cut out then cut back in a second later . . . . any ideas why ? or my next steps to finding a solution...
  47. scabbytramp

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

How many squiiddys worth ?
  48. scabbytramp

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

where did you get the arch's from bud ? or was it a custom job ?
  49. scabbytramp

undersills

im trying to understand what part under, why would you want that if you cant see under the sideskirts? :/ could you please confirm ?
  50. scabbytramp

K20a engine manuals/books

http://hondatech.info/downloads/Auto/Manuals/Civic/
  51. scabbytramp

will these wheels fit a ep3 ?

ok so they will fit, but not look right ? is that what your saying ? unless I lower it and get camber arms, to flush them in correctly?
  52. scabbytramp

How to fix really annoying exhaust rattle

put the car up front ramps. get a friend to rev it while you look under the car.
  53. scabbytramp

its standard height, but thanks, might bid on them. then I could lower it in the future depending on how nicely they tuck in.
  54. scabbytramp

think it might be same person were talking about , but hes rarely active, to ask him.
  55. scabbytramp

I saw someone else on here has them, but hes rarely on to ask could anyone confirm ? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181229344198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181229344198?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
  56. scabbytramp

Sidelights not working

I wouldn't go too much, why not get a HID kit, you would need to find a kit for h1 bulbs ( if that's what your using ) you can buy a decent kit £20-30
  57. scabbytramp

ep3 engine running boggy

well don't nesscesserly have to hit the limiter, just take it high enough, ease off, and see if you encounter a similar issue when you are slowing down.
  58. scabbytramp

ep3 engine running boggy

any issues with the brake. ? also. when your idle do u have issues? and also. one last thing. while idle and you rev it, the limiter should kick in at 5.500/6000 revs, when u hit this. and release the pedal , what happens?
  59. scabbytramp

ep3 engine running boggy

hey, any EML light ? when was your last service, including your plugs?
  60. scabbytramp

How to fix really annoying exhaust rattle

hey I had this and it got sold a few weeks later, noticed that it wasn't the decat hitting, it was the #2 o2 sensor hitting the frame, and in turn destroyed the o2 sensor too. the wires were shreaded , depending on if you have your spacer fix or not. you would have to let us know.
  61. scabbytramp

Adds EP3, Gone Stancin'

1' you prob should have coverd up while spraying the cam cover, likely by putting the cap back on you will break the newly formed paint around the seal. and it go into your oil. ect. 2. I like the "Advan sa3r wheels" in black. very nice was this nighthawk black or a slight tint of anthercite ?
  62. scabbytramp

Ep3 tailgate handle

have you tried to see if theres one way clips? Honda seem to like putting them on , i.e ( clips that clip in, but need force to remove )
  63. scabbytramp

Candy Spray paint

is ebay the best place to get this? ive been to 2 auto shops today, that sell spray paint. and they were like wtf is candy spray paint ?!?! also. what would be effect be , ive been using a simple primer, paint colour, liquer , would I need a high gloss finish ? any sprayers got any tips?
  64. scabbytramp

so I got a week off in a few days, my other seat is coming out, to be stiched, & the seatbelt is being changed to yellow. and going to see if I can colour the engine a bit and see how it goes. I think performance mods after xmas , and just looks atm and as she stands today!
  65. scabbytramp

haha I put a de-cat on for 2 weeks then it come right back off
  66. scabbytramp

p.s was your car running when you took your photo ? or was ignition just on ?
  67. scabbytramp

defo yours are brighter . I think I may go down the route of plasma dials for the ep3. a lot of things ive done to my car, I wish I didn't, ( changed my steering wheel ) but I miss the standard look. ! ive started with all cosmetic too. then going towards engine ;)
  68. scabbytramp

any ideas where i could find this part?

ive been trying for ages to find this part, it was missing when I bought the car, ive modified the cover, and it cant go back on until theres 2 clips, as one part of the cover will touch the inlet manifold/engine and heat up and prob ( taking no chances ) melt ... you take the inlet cover off...
  69. scabbytramp

you got a thread for your car yet ? what you running ? specs?
  70. scabbytramp

vtec light on an ep3 ? oh no no no, who needs a light to tell you when you have raw power ;) haha its alarm/immobilser
  71. scabbytramp

I got them off ebay, but I think the dials are colour layerd anyways, so only certain colours will get through, red / blue ( dark ) being more dominant then light. could you post a picture of yours? for comparisons please
  72. scabbytramp

ive got yellow ones in .... shame it looks exactly are it did before! lol. but ive noticed no dim areas . but, you can see yellow from around the dials which looks cool. ** try take a picture once its dark
  73. scabbytramp

you keep them standard colours or change them ?
  74. scabbytramp

yes, you have to have a good tug but they do come out, I used gripped pillars and light force to get mine out, broke a few, but even if you break A few, there easy to get out broken then as a whole. lol. :asw:
  75. scabbytramp

Nearside projector headlamp lens cracked??

headlight swap, would be to much hassel repairing it and would cost the same amount.
  76. scabbytramp

yeh there not same, they look the same but slightly apart a bit. I can send you them if you like, you can also wire in black clips. if you look at this picture, the one on the far right, the tinest one. fit on the connectors. ( this is how I fit mine ) you wire the 2 wires, into them & then...
  77. scabbytramp

Changing from HKS to standard!

your air flow meter will be on the car still, as it cant run without it. and yeh keep shopping around, and try on ebay aswell. for a breaker.
  78. scabbytramp

Cold start noise..

haha, think someone should of told Honda! ;) seems to be in 70% of CTR's
  79. scabbytramp

give me a picture of the connector please and ill let you know, as mine are speicaly made cause like I said before I bought them . then it took 5 days to arrive, in meantime I just made own. and yes you will have to prob buy 2 hid kits. 1 for each bulb , on each side, with sidelights just...
  80. scabbytramp

I spent an hour going through yours last night, and love yours too! :)
  81. scabbytramp

Cold start noise..

I don't think its something that cant be fixed, fact that it only does it once, ( even mine only does it once ) ... maybe...someone else has had the issue, and sorted it, so don't go buying a new one till someone else replys ;)
  82. scabbytramp

My EP3 CTR

im actually starting to like it since its cleaned.... it goes well and I really like the back red/black bumper
  83. scabbytramp

Cold start noise..

bingo, starter motor issue, and I think its quite common as its happening on mine!
  84. scabbytramp

you have to make your own connectors. but luckily for you. I have got cut wires you can have for free if you pay postage for it! haha they cost me £25 , as its part of the egine bay loom, but they came after I already had them fit. its the connectors for the facelift headlights, you would...
  85. scabbytramp

it wasn't as simple as I hoped but it got done half a day later as pre lights are 3, facelift are 4 bulbs. as the hi/low beam are on the same bulb on pre facelift.
  86. scabbytramp

Forgot To Mention I got the rear windows tinted from ptws in Plymouth £125, with lifetime warranty you can tell difference between tinted as standard and having it tinted . as ones that come from factory tinted. prem ect they tint the whole window. but as you can see from my picture. its not...
  87. scabbytramp

thanks, yeh it was ok in vtec, and coming down from gears crispy. but it caused more issues, as there was a spacer fix, it pushed the o2 sensor out to far it was rubbing, so driving made the o2 sensors wires rub and strip some bare wires. which created my eml light to trigger. ive changed it...
  88. scabbytramp

resprayed rocker cover.

did he have any pictures of his work ?
  89. scabbytramp

How to change rear pads

look at picture 4, you will see the little dimple in the brake pad. this must be flushed & correctly in place.
  90. scabbytramp

I think the best option would be to find a breakers .not on ebay , find some breakers around you. ( car scrap compounds ect ) , ring them ask if they have any civic ep3's in, and if they do, take a trip with your tools and they let you get your own parts off the car :)
  91. scabbytramp

the bracket "k" is located under the airbox, and its a simple bracket that support it. brackets can be made easy enough using metal plates and a bit of welding. I would be willing to swap. but I cant go a day without my car as work is 20 mins each way each day.
  92. scabbytramp

Aadz's EP3 -03 30th annv ed

how long you had it for, you had any problems with the induction ? the filter get damp at all ? ect ?
  93. scabbytramp

Where to get your windows tinted

PTWS in Plymouth, 10/10 job! took a few hours so had a day out with the girlfriend, and when I got back it was amazing!!! £125 for the back 3 , lifetime warranty http://www.ptws.co.uk/
  94. scabbytramp

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

maybe a nice "how to" when you fit them ;) ? but they do look nice.
Back